• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The million dollar question of IDOC drops.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So do we know when we will be getting back our normally scheduled programed drops.(AM)

It seems on some shards house drops are late at night now? Maybe after the publish things will push back or?

Anyone have a clue?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A week ago we had a period of about 10 -12 hours when the housing server was down. This put back idoc times for the same length of time. Any time housing server or servers down puts that amount of time onto idocs. This lasts for about a week. Idocs should be back to normal times as from today

Marcellis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though I love the 6-7pm collapses rather than 8am's, and the first few were totally devoid of competition, they've become far too crowded. People are calling in all their guildmates that are online at the primetime. Yesterday a remote house had over 12 folks camping it by the time it dropped.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought IDOC drops were supposed to be random, anyway? IMHO you should not be able to say "regular IDOC times" ... and if there ARE regular times, then they SHOULD be at prime time. Why should only a few get the loot?

T

The Home Guild

I thought IDOC drops were supposed to be random, anyway? IMHO you should not be able to say "regular IDOC times" ... and if there ARE regular times, then they SHOULD be at prime time. Why should only a few get the loot?
I agree.
Find something else to do with your time.
Work skills,rather than get SOMEONE elses loot that quit.
I quit doing idocs myself in case you try and come back to say that's painting the kettle black...
I don't play UO much anymore and the way it's getting i may take a well deserved break fianlly after all these years.

Anyhow,times usually "go back to normal" after publishes and housing servers get back in sync.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Because you see just like everyone else's fun times like building skill or pvping, there are people who enjoy and take up a skill in IDOCing and looking for these homes. The people that mainly do them are diligently looking for them #1. Secondly collect items they enjoy when someone leaves the game.

Why should it be random? That wouldnt be fair to the people who spend time looking for them. Then have 20 people show up that didnt do nothing to find them and get items that collectors hold on to! NOT SELL! So what you are saying is not quite right.

As far as anyone saying "regular IDOC times" good for us! Because people who dont do this on a regular basis do not deserve to be at them.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
" Because people who dont do this on a regular basis do not deserve to be at them. "

That statement right there sinks your post....."we", the community of players pay each month, just as you do, therefore, you and the steady-eddies who idoc, do not have sole rights to a drop. Regardless of whatever arguement you can come up with, ANYONE can attend the drop.

I hope they stay random, and I may just start back looking for them again, why?? Because I can.:loser:

C

Connor_Graham

Because people who dont do this on a regular basis do not deserve to be at them.
That's got to be the most arrogant thing I've seen on Stratics yet.

Unless you're paying an extra fee to EA for "IDOC Rights", I can participate in ANY part of the game I wish to as long as I don't break any rules while doing so and there is nothing you can do about it.

Who are you to say what other players deserve and what they don't?

:coco:

Marcellis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're not random right now. Their typical drop time frame has been changed, but you can still predict their collapse. ~ 7hours after going IDOC. A lot of people still don't know this. I noted a castle turn IDOC later Sunday morning and there were tons of people camping it within an hour of that. Needless to say many waited 6+ hours for it to fall.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Bobar said they should be back to normal within a week. All the houses that got pushed back need to cycle thru.

BTW all you normal campers, aside from this week have idocs been busier or less so? Falling more or less so? I haven't camped regularly since January and was itching a lil bit to get back in it.

Y

Yalp

Because people who dont do this on a regular basis do not deserve to be at them.
I'd have to agree this is a pretty sad statement. I pay my money, I get to participate in every aspect of the game. no one is more deserving of an idoc than I am.. no one less. Sorry.. but Idoc's don't belong to you or anyone else exclusively.

Marcellis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Bobar said they should be back to normal within a week. All the houses that got pushed back need to cycle thru.

BTW all you normal campers, aside from this week have idocs been busier or less so? Falling more or less so? I haven't camped regularly since January and was itching a lil bit to get back in it.
They appear to be falling more or less regularily. Still usually 3-4 people per house. It's been over 3 months since all the houses reset due to that housing policy change. I found 6 last week on my server. The odd drop time allowed me to have an 18x18 all to myself the other day. Took me over 2 hours to sort through all the crap I lugged back, my house floor was a mess.;)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because you see just like everyone else's fun times like building skill or pvping, there are people who enjoy and take up a skill in IDOCing and looking for these homes. The people that mainly do them are diligently looking for them #1. Secondly collect items they enjoy when someone leaves the game.

Why should it be random? That wouldnt be fair to the people who spend time looking for them. Then have 20 people show up that didnt do nothing to find them and get items that collectors hold on to! NOT SELL! So what you are saying is not quite right.

As far as anyone saying "regular IDOC times" good for us! Because people who dont do this on a regular basis do not deserve to be at them.
I hate to break it to you, but going and looking at house signs and noting times is not a skill. I am not saying it isnt a valid enjoyment or way to pass your time, but you have zero skill points invested.

Secondly, ALOT of people enjoy collecting items, and enjoy IDOCs, however, don't spend their whole day searching them out. ALOT of people get sick of being beaten out by "professional" IDOCers who slap a house down lickety-split and take everything while no one else even has a chance for the most part. Hopefully with the new no-placing rules, more people will start to get back to them; and yes, I really hope the DEV's go to a REAL random drop, so you can't time your IDOCs anymore and have to wait it out like the rest of us mortals.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Secondly, ALOT of people enjoy collecting items, and enjoy IDOCs, however, don't spend their whole day searching them out. ALOT of people get sick of being beaten out by "professional" IDOCers who slap a house down lickety-split and take everything while no one else even has a chance for the most part. Hopefully with the new no-placing rules, more people will start to get back to them; and yes, I really hope the DEV's go to a REAL random drop, so you can't time your IDOCs anymore and have to wait it out like the rest of us mortals.
Not to mention some of us HAVE JOBS and can't camp a house early in the morning WHILE WE ARE WORKING!

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to mention some of us HAVE JOBS and can't camp a house early in the morning WHILE WE ARE WORKING!
Well to all the haters unfortunately you can not be so lucky to play and get paid to do these things in the wee hours. So sorry about your losses, that's what weekends are for! ::cough cough::

Skill points is not what I was getting at here. Its the time invested in looking for them. The opinion of being zero is not true. But its an opinion right?

People whined about placers and the barrels now its the random drops. Random times cannot happen due to the fact then when a player chooses to leave the game that is when the timing will begin. The only reason that it went back was because of server downs. Would you all appreciate it if you worked on a skill all day or tamed a nice cu whatever the case may be and the server went back. Wouldn't that be nice? Hmmmm I don't think so.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was, years ago it was supposed to be a "random amount of time between x hrs and y hrs" not "exactly 7 hrs from the time it goes IDOC to when it falls". And yes, you invest TIME, I never argued that. But, investing time and skill are not the same. And I still stand by the notion that it SHOULD be fully random, like it says on UO.com, so that it CAN'T be timed.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay fine about the 7hr sitch. Because I didnt like it when the houses dropped and someone placed asap it wasnt fun. The only thing I wanted to know was when we were reverting to the morning is all.
Fully random I dont agree with as far as what part of the day. If they wanted to do it within the 7hr span then fine. Everyone has their own thoughts on this. (specially when 20 peeps show up on primetimes) which Im sure some will agree with me.

Regardless we are all in game. Time spent skills or wandering finding houses its still the same we are all spending the $$ to play the game.
Oh well.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you put the time in to look for idocs, then by all means anyone is more than welcome to be at them, it is very unfair to the people that look for idocs and then someone gets lucky, finds one, and gates about 8 people in... that is extremely lame of them and screws themself over too from getting loot

as far as people go with saying they work full time and such, i go to college 4 days a week and still spend 10 hours, twice a week searching for idocs so thats 20 hours

as for this quote "Because people who dont do this on a regular basis do not deserve to be at them." It is kind of annoying seeing non usuals at idocs but yes they are allowed to be there, they do pay the money. However if they come to idocs on my shard in felucca, i will kill whoever and show no mercy :)

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you put the time in to look for idocs, then by all means anyone is more than welcome to be at them, it is very unfair to the people that look for idocs and then someone gets lucky, finds one, and gates about 8 people in... that is extremely lame of them and screws themself over too from getting loot

as far as people go with saying they work full time and such, i go to college 4 days a week and still spend 10 hours, twice a week searching for idocs so thats 20 hours

as for this quote "Because people who dont do this on a regular basis do not deserve to be at them." It is kind of annoying seeing non usuals at idocs but yes they are allowed to be there, they do pay the money. However if they come to idocs on my shard in felucca, i will kill whoever and show no mercy :)
Annoying seeing "non-usuals?" Wow, I used to think tamers had the biggest attitudes in UO. I stand corrected. I almost want to do IDOCs now!

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However if they come to idocs on my shard in felucca, i will kill whoever and show no mercy :)
Don't bet on it, darlin' ... other people PvP too :p In fact, I only go to Fel IDOC's unless I get lucky and stumble on one in Luna (the only place I go outside of Fel).

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was, years ago it was supposed to be a "random amount of time between x hrs and y hrs" not "exactly 7 hrs from the time it goes IDOC to when it falls". And yes, you invest TIME, I never argued that. But, investing time and skill are not the same. And I still stand by the notion that it SHOULD be fully random, like it says on UO.com, so that it CAN'T be timed.

Youre absolutly wrong on the random times. You state that investing time is and skill are not the same. Well I hate to break it to you there is no truer skill left in uo then idocing and unlike every other playstyle (especially pvp where if you dont cheat you are flat out have no chance to be competitive). Making times random would just help the scripters dominate the only playstyle left where you can still be competitive and do it without cheating.

Even though it is still disheartening to see the same guild at every idoc while never ever seeing them scout for idocs and never ever seeing them get a idoc time.

It sucks but that just gives me more determination to not to be reduced to there level and know not only am I not cheating but I have the respect of my facet for the years and years of proving it with actions rather then hollow words

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Annoying seeing "non-usuals?" Wow, I used to think tamers had the biggest attitudes in UO. I stand corrected. I almost want to do IDOCs now!

If an idocer is doing it honestly then they have every right to be proud of what they do. Since unfortantly all the other playstyles have had such an influx of cheats that are so unbalancing that you cannot under no circumstances be on top (tippy top) of any other splaystyle and say you do so honestly. Idocing if done with a few dedicated people whom all share youre own veiws of honesty you can as we have on Legends for years.

All it takes is competent tile counters that have time to place prior to a collapse. People that are willing to watch a house sign turn idoc and someone crazy enough to make a player owned houses rune library that they scout with twoce a week.

Having the respect and freindship with other longstanding comunity members helps as well so you can counter those not doing it honestly.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To the OP, when you wake up one morning, and check that rune in your pack, and it says Fall Time 091145,instead of 182137 (and don't pretend you don't know what I"m talking about; I'm sure there are tons of Stratics members that know), that's when you'll know that IDOCs have gone back to their old ways. Save us the "working hard for fall times, and notes on how to log houses, and the one that really makes me laugh is, "Just look for 4 lines of text instead of 3". So called "Professional IDOCrs make me laugh"....you guys and the "Professional Doom/Dojo Thieves" should go have lunch together and talk about how hard you worked to get as good as you are.....

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... unlike every other playstyle (especially pvp where if you dont cheat you are flat out have no chance to be competitive).
One, if you don't think there are IDOC cheats out there, you are flat wrong. I have been at many IDOCs and seen it ...

Two, I seriously resent the implication that anyone who is competitive in PvP are cheating/cheaters ... maybe I should imply that ALL "professional" IDOC'ers are cheaters ...

S

Sheridan

I'd rather no one implied here on the forums that anyone was cheating. First of all, it's completely hearsay in this arena and second, it's against our Rules of Conduct. Accusations fall into the category of personal attacks.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather no one implied here on the forums that anyone was cheating. First of all, it's completely hearsay in this arena and second, it's against our Rules of Conduct. Accusations fall into the category of personal attacks.
Thanks Sher, can you lock this out. Nuff said on this one.

T

tiggertessa2007

I agree.
Find something else to do with your time.
Work skills,rather than get SOMEONE elses loot that quit.
I quit doing idocs myself in case you try and come back to say that's painting the kettle black...
I don't play UO much anymore and the way it's getting i may take a well deserved break fianlly after all these years.

Anyhow,times usually "go back to normal" after publishes and housing servers get back in sync.
omg u havent been at house falls lately have u! i didnt notice till i read that u better not quit "or sell that lovely castle of urs""" this is dixie btw :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the OP, when you wake up one morning, and check that rune in your pack, and it says Fall Time 091145,instead of 182137 (and don't pretend you don't know what I"m talking about; I'm sure there are tons of Stratics members that know), that's when you'll know that IDOCs have gone back to their old ways. Save us the "working hard for fall times, and notes on how to log houses, and the one that really makes me laugh is, "Just look for 4 lines of text instead of 3". So called "Professional IDOCrs make me laugh"....you guys and the "Professional Doom/Dojo Thieves" should go have lunch together and talk about how hard you worked to get as good as you are.....
Sure there are people that cheat. And there are also people who scout legit, place legit, loot legit (me for instance, tho I have never been much of a placer)...I've always been of the mind that anyone can do idocs, it just takes time and willingness to do the same boring route over and over each week. Most people can't or do not want to invest their play time that way. However there is actually some skill, or possibly more accurately experience and knowledge that goes into being a good idoc camper. Experience would come into play by being aware of time frames, by knowing if a house that is decaying was recently placed or has been in that spot a while, using your knowledge to deduce if it is a real fall or was caused by someone placing another house and will either be empty at fall or dropped before then.

Also knowledge of fall times, pretty easy, it's just math and all the info is in FAQs nowadays. Being able to dig through a chest, eyeball a chest and know if it has potential or if its better to move on...how/where to place water barrels (not important anymore maybe?), how to get rid of items on your screen so they aren't visually blocking something rare, how to get position so you can get item tags if you need after the fall, moving through crates and other movement blocking objects, snagging stuff out of midair quickly, understanding "layering" when a new plot is placed and all the items are moved under the house sign, and how you can flip the entire layer. Also how lag affects items popping up under the sign, where to stand to grab stuff to throw it on a plot, how far in can you throw it and not have to secure it, blah blah blah...there's just tons of little tips and tricks that regular idocers
pick up over time and get ingrained in how they do things. There is certainly skill involved in getting better at picking stuff free up off the ground. ;)

BTW why does this make you laugh?

"Just look for 4 lines of text instead of 3".

Thats how I've always done it, and I still would get tripped up by houses that have really long names. *shrug*

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to break it to you, but going and looking at house signs and noting times is not a skill. I am not saying it isnt a valid enjoyment or way to pass your time, but you have zero skill points invested.

I beg to differ. I created a character simply to do idocs. So my character has 140 STR - this enables me to carry 500+lbs.

I have GM tracking, not so important now but this used to allow me to see if anyone was positioned to place at fall. The new placing rules are already in place and nobody can now place at fall. I personally have never placed in 4 years Idocing but I accepted it was part of the competition. Accordingly I positioned myself beside the house sign if a placer was there.

I have GM hiding, There is nothing that advertises an Idoc more than seeing ppl standing with a load of packs around a house. Over the years I have become aware of many Idocs because of this. I took hiding and stealth when I created the character to help combat the occasional Idoc scripter groups that used to be prevelant. Thankfully with the gradual deterioration of UO this is no longer much of a problem on my shard as they can longer sell on for r/l cash.

Have you really considered the effect of truly random falls?. Even casual Idocers know at the moment that a house WILL fall within 7 hours. So if they find one and camp it they have at least some idea when it will fall by. Do you really think making them wait maybe 10 hours or more will improve the situation?.

I invest considerable time in finding and timing Idocs I think it is arguable that Idocing is a skill in its own right. As to others at Idocs I have never worried about other ppl at any I attend, they have every right to be there. Sometimes I have even told those waiting when it will fall, unfortunately there is considerable distrust when you do this and it often invited snide comments by them. So unless it is someone I know I no longer bother.

I enjoy Idocs, always have. Being a collector it has enabled me to obtain things which were outside my price range to buy. Even now I always hope for that something special to enhance my collection. It is like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. You get a LOT of dross but now and then you get a diamond.

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One, if you don't think there are IDOC cheats out there, you are flat wrong. I have been at many IDOCs and seen it ...

Two, I seriously resent the implication that anyone who is competitive in PvP are cheating/cheaters ... maybe I should imply that ALL "professional" IDOC'ers are cheaters ...
If you were correct then it would be idocs that were uncamped after a pub or patch instead of Yew Gate being a ghost town after a pub.

I think that supprts my point and youres is only a desperate attempt to troll my post. Also I didnt say no one cheats at idocs I just said you can actauly still be succesful and stop scripters in idocing without resorting tho the level unlike pvp.

W

Wraith One

The times are not random, never have been, never will be. The only new twist to the system is the random placement times. Even then, its just a matter of how to time your attempts. I personally do idocs on several shards and every shard I've done the timing system is the same. Now, the actual time of drop may not be in the regular time of day, but that doesn't make much of a difference. I still see the same idocers that show up at the usual time showing up at them. Everyone has the right to be there, and I honestly prefer them to be. The more the merrier. I love a good challenge. If anyone thinks that its wrong for a person to gate people in, your wrong on that one. Don't be greedy. All of the items in the house weren't yours to begin with, unless its your home thats falling. This is a game, treat it like one and have fun.