• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Masteries and Slayer Instruments

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get the "entitlement" from your slayer instrument against your victim of choice? As in how do you pick your apropriate slayer instrument and use it against your victim and how do you know it works?
(im under the impression the disco masteries are affected by slayer?)

Does the mastery spells benefit from FC? and if so what is the cap? 2 or 4?

Thank you for your answers!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
double click the slayer instrument and then that is the instrument you will default to for whatever barding skills or mastery you use, and it will keep using that until you double click another one.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont recall anything about FC/FCR with masteries.

ill go try and see, hmmmm, wonder if protection effects that as well?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nothing scientific, but i just logged on and took of my protection and was casting with 4/6 and timed it, was like 3 seconds to load spell song.

i put on protection and it was the same.

i took off protection and took off my ring and watch.

was the same.

so i didnt notice any difference in the timing of the spells.
infact it seems to be dead on every time.

strange though, eh?
youd figure it would be effected by FC/FCR

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my mage/tamer runs the provocation masteries all the time and protection and my bard runs them without protection and with fc/fcr
and for me they both are the same

Z

Zero Day

I believe the spell songs are affected by FC. On my peacing bard I can cast my resilience buff to cure my self if I have 2 FC, with 0 FC I get interrupted more often than not.

One thing to note though the buff doesn't actually take effect until the first ability pulse which is 2 seconds after casting.
The way I did it was to cast the spells while running and note the diffference with different FC levels in how long i was frozen for..

---> Follow up.

Not sure what the Cap is but the difference between 0/2/4 FC is extremely noticeable. When comparign with magery spells at FC 2.
at 2 FC Resilience casts about between fireball.and harm. At 4 FC looks to be about the same as weaken.
Didn't have an orny to try 5 FC.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I might have to do some checking myself then, wonder if it will be worth making my dexer bard fc2 or fc4 on his new suit then.

Z

Zero Day

My full bard only has 80 Magery, I use the masteries to cure/heal though I occasionally use magery for the heal. I tried provo mastery, and my evs did noticeably more damage, and with invigorate the healing was nice.
However, with the peace mastery I find the damage reduction and regen work out equally well.

Currently my templaete is
120 Prov
120 Peace
120 Music
80 Magery
100 Med
100 Focus

I have 80 Points left to spend which I was gonna stick in to discord and then drop focus to 40 and go 120 disco/med.
Currently I can keep up both mastery spells in provo or peacemaking indefinitely.
When I get 120 discord I'm gonna see about swapping my magery out for parry and then seeing how it works out in champ spawn pvp.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
keep in mind that the consumption of mana for the masteries is also Dependant upon how many people are in your party / how many pets are in your party.

if its just you or maybe a pair of summons or pets, no problem.
but get a party with a couple tamers and some mages and watch that mana get eaten up!

hehe

Z

Zero Day

Its now +1 per 5 people hit so I can support a tamer + pet as well as another person without a mana increase.
Upkeep cost increase is +1/5

A GD tamer is only worth 2 slots out of the 5. and I occupy 1 so that leaves 2 more slots before mana increase ensues.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I run 16 mana regen on my suit with no focus or med and I run disco and provo on my tamer and can run the masteries for either with 0 loss and this is a elf!

when using my GD I use the damage increase from the provo mastery

When I run comboes like my mares or mare/beetle I run either or sometimes both

with the mares the spell damage increase along with the combat damage increase is like a double wammy...The healing is very noticeable with the lower end pets also and makes for very few heals needed unless fighting high end monsters

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just made a disco/sampire and it works extremely well against the Chaos Vortex and unbound Energy Vortex in shame.

120 sword
120 tact
120 music
120 disco
100 necro
80 chiv (+20 jewlery)
80 anat

I was a regular sampire a couple days ago and average 100 dmg per hit with air ellie slayer.
Now that I have disco on him I average 130 dmg per hit + the extra 60 or so with Tribulation wich will proc 60% chance.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I run 16 mana regen on my suit with no focus or med and I run disco and provo on my tamer and can run the masteries for either with 0 loss and this is a elf!

when using my GD I use the damage increase from the provo mastery

When I run comboes like my mares or mare/beetle I run either or sometimes both

with the mares the spell damage increase along with the combat damage increase is like a double wammy...The healing is very noticeable with the lower end pets also and makes for very few heals needed unless fighting high end monsters
i find that hard to believe.
i was just out with my bard, had 2 vollems on him and was partied with a sampire.
we where in shame and i had both provo masteries running and my mana was JUST staying level.
if i cast a heal or anything else it was eating my mana and struggling to get it back up.
and thats 120 med with 40 LMC and 10 MR

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
also, for the diso ones.

i have a 40 LMC suit with 30 MR on my tamer and no med or focus, his mana is GONE if i cast the spell twice.

and that is with no one else in party and just one pet.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i find that hard to believe.
i was just out with my bard, had 2 vollems on him and was partied with a sampire.
we where in shame and i had both provo masteries running and my mana was JUST staying level.
if i cast a heal or anything else it was eating my mana and struggling to get it back up.
and thats 120 med with 40 LMC and 10 MR
you misunderstood what i was saying or I did not explain it well
I can run any one of the masteries with only 16 regen NOT both at once with my pets out (provo or peace) and do heals and my mana will build up

I meant to say peace mastery or provo I have disco on my tamer and usally provo or peace

I hope that makes sense I can show you what i mean on ls

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MR is tied to Meditation and Focus, High MR without either or both of those skills will be significantly less effective. FYI:)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
MR is tied to Meditation and Focus, High MR without either or both of those skills will be significantly less effective. FYI:)
say wha?

this is the first ive heard of this?

i was totally under the impression that it was a stand alone thing just like SR and HPR.

i know that with MR once you hit 30, with the diminishing returns that its not practical to go any higher, but ive never heard that you get more bang for the buck if you couple it with med or focus.

infact, i have the med calculator open on my other comp....

with just 30 MR your med rate is 1.35 (per sec with medable armor)
GM med gives ya 0.85
GM focus gives you 0.55

now GM med + 30 MR should give you 2.2, with the med calculator it says you get 2.3

GM focus + 30 MR should give you 1.9, with the med calculator it says you get 1.9

so, no where here in the math is it showing that you get a 'bonus' for having med or focus.
looks to me that MR is a individual add on just like HPR and SR.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That is news to me also!

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was in some (now old) publish notes...maybe someone could look up the one I seem to remember reading. Ill do some digging myself, but Im a terrible digger.

Z

Zero Day

I believe int is also a factor.
I'll test the regen thing later on one of my mule tunes ad see what numbers I come up with

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I did a littlebit of digging, couldnt find the patch notes or such, didnt try that hard either, but I did find this thread about it, I skimmed through it and it explains it to some degree methinks. :)

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/144679-question-mana-regeneration-meditation-focus.html
that stuff is 2.5 years old.

but ya, from what i can see there there isnt anything there that changes what the calculator is putting out.

int DOES make mana regen faster.
so does med for that matter.
so does focus.

but MR is stand alone for gaining, just like SR and HPR.

now if you HAVE int it will make your med regen go faster.
if you have some med ontop of that it will go faster of course, cause you have the skill to go along with the MR from items.

but no where am i see anything that says that you will get a faster rate if you combine them.

and the calculator dosnt show that either.

Z

Zero Day

Had to do a bit of searching but this was posted by Phoenix about the mana regen formula.

This one's a bit involved:

1> Base Mana Regen Rate is 0.2 mana per second
2> Focus Bonus is Focus / 200 mana per second
3A> Let Meditation Bonus be 0.0075 * Meditation Skill + 0.0025 * Intelligence Attribute
3B> If your Meditation Skill is GM or above, multiple Meditation Bonus by 1.1
3C> If you are actively meditating, multiply Meditation Bonus by 2
4A> Let Base Item Bonus be (Meditation Skill / 2 + Focus Skill / 4) / 90
4B> Multiply Base Item Bonus by 0.65, then add 2.35
4C> Let Intensity Bonus be the square root of the sum of your Mana Regen intensities, capped at 5.5 (30 total intensity).
4D> Let Final Item Bonus be ((Base Item Bonus * Intensity Bonus) - (Base Item Bonus - 1)) / 10. This is mana per second.
5> Add the Base Mana Regen Rate, Focus Bonus, and Item Bonus. Add your Meditation Bonus only if you're not wearing non-meddable armor. The result is your total mana regeneration per second.

Here is an example:

120 Med, 100 Focus, 110 Int, +25 Mana Regen from Items, wearing meddable armor.

Base is 0.2
Focus Bonus is 0.5
Med Bonus is 0.9 from Skill + 0.275 from Int, multiplied by 1.1 from > GM Med = 1.2925 (or 2.585 if actively meditating)
Base Item Bonus is 2.35 + 0.65 * (85 / 90) = 2.964
Intensity Bonus is the square root of 25 = 5
Item Bonus is ((5 * 2.964) - (2.964 - 1)) / 10 = 1.2856

So my total regen rates are:
1> Meddable armor, not meditating: 0.2 + 0.5 + 1.2925 + 1.2856 = 3.2781 per second
2> Meddable armor, meditating: 0.2 + 0.5 + 2.585 + 1.2856 = 4.5706
3> Non-meddable armor: 0.2 + 0.5 + 1.2856 = 1.9856

So this would mean with the above configuration you would have a 2 sec mana gain of 6.5.

Bard Mastery Adjustments

PvM Damage is now a chance to interrupt based on damage amount
Upkeep Cost Reduced for all abilities.
Mana Cost reduced from 1 for every 2 targets to 1 for every 5 targets
Base Upkeep Cost Reduced by 1
INSPIRE 4
INVIGORATE 5
PRESERVANCE 5
RESILIENCE 4
TRIBULATION 10
DESPAIR 12
So Provo with 40 LMC would be
2 Mana for inspire
3 Mana for invigorate

Peacemaking
2 for Resilience
3 for preservance

Discord
6 for Tribulation
7 for despair

So you can indefinitely maintain both provo or both peace songs for up to 5 entities.
If you're a full bard you get -1 mana cost to each.

So that makes them very maintainable.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
strange that none of the mana calculators show a bonus being added.

or maybe the number is just so small it dosnt change much???

and ya, upkeep of the both peace and both provo masteries at the same time is fairly easy, where ya run into problems if when ya start dropping EVs and heals and such at the same time as you are running both.

Z

Zero Day

1x Bard gets base Mana cost
2x GM Bard gets -1 Mana Cost
3x GM Bard gets -2 Mana Cost

so base upkeep goes to 3/4/4/3/9/11 OR 2/3/3/2/8/10
And at 40% LMC that works out to 1.8/2.4/2.4/1.8/5.4/6.6 OR 1.2/1.8/1.8/1.2/4.8/6

I'm not sure when the rounding takes place but I believe UO rounds down so that is essentially 1/2/2/1/5/6 OR 1/1/1/1/4/6

So thats an easy up keep of 3 mana for peace/provo both songs OR 11 for disco for a 2x bard

2 or 10 for a 3x gm bard.

And that upkeep cost is every 2 seconds
so
1 mana/sec for peace/provo Or 5 for discord.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the 1 mana per second you can hit with GM med and 100 int

or

100 int and 10 MR

but the 5 mana per second..... well lets see, with 120 focus, 120 med and 125 int and 30 MR (the cap area for diminishing returns) your passive regen is 3.6 per second and your active is 4.9 per second.

so either way the disco ones are gonna be rather hard to keep up on, hehe

but ya the peace and provo ones are cake to keep up.