• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The madwoman quest for the golden mining implements

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
madness_01.png

After months of gratuitous and maddening slaughter of headless miners, today, on my 5128th kill, the 528th kill of the day, I pried a golden mining implement out of the cold, dead fingers of headless miner.

Of course, my quest has been for the golden pickaxe, which is the ugliest thing I have ever laid my eyes on.
And of course, after all this madness and long sessions of headless slaughtering, the RNG would play a trick on me and handle me this bloody, ugly shovel! :mad:

*sigh*
So the quest is far from over, and was stopped today at the 5,300th kill. More headless miner slaughter to be performed tomorrow.
This will only end when I get the bloody pickaxe, or they run out of headless miners to spawn.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I'm not mistaken, there's two facings of them? If you get both you can X em and make good deco!

:wall:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, Uriah.
But while I am very insane, I am not insane enough to want the complete set with two pickaxes and two shovels. :p

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats that's quite an accomplishment, don't give up, that golden pickaxe will be yours. :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As expected, the madwoman didn't give up after the first failure, and kept going on her quest. A quest of madness!

And today, on the 8,648th kill... there it was... the ugliest thing ever...
"It's mine, my own... my precioussssss..." Said the madwoman.

And here it is. The bloody, ugliest pickaxe I have ever laid my eyes upon.
And it is mine, my own, my precioussssss... Just like with Smeagol, It came to me...
It was my birthday present... albeit if a bit late.... and it too involved murder to get.
But it is my PRECIOUSSSSSS!!!! *gollum gollum*

madness_02.png
madness_03.png

Now to look for the whole set... :p

Last edited:

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats Zath, I'm so proud of you and so happy for you. That pickaxe is just beautiful and will look lovely when you can make an X with them both. :) That was quite an adventure, we've all been watching and waiting and it's so fitting because 1), it was just your birthday, and 2), we're all our fishing to try to win one.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*A shrill of happiness rose over the lands as the headless miners surrendered their prize.* She blinked as she heard the sound carried by the wind over the sea. She smiled and offered her Congratulations into the wind so they might be carried back to the one who had accomplished her quest. A witch had ways of knowing things even when she was no where near ya know *wink* (Many Congrats Zath Great job !)