• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] The Lucky Fisherman?

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck, for me anyway, is one the most arcane aspects of UO. We've had many discussions on these boards regarding luck and how it works and sometimes if it works at all. I have a very specific question regarding luck.

Does luck factor into fishing for Rare and Legendary fish.

I have met some fisherman who swear by their high luck suits when it comes to catching the Rare and Legendary fish. I thought I had heard or read somewhere that luck does not factor in this however. During our recent contest on Lake Superior I experimented for the first time with adding luck to a suit while fishing both with and without baits. While I fished A TON the sample I think might still be considered small overall. I did however experience something that made me wonder about luck for fishing.

In about 6 years of fishing I had never caught a Stone Fish. Hell its not even one that requires max skill to catch (documented catches with as little as 105 skill). For whatever reason it had always eluded me though. I put on a luck suit and of course caught one in less then 20 minutes. And this was without bait. I've burnt thousands of Stone fish bait in the past with negative results. Now I could be persuaded that this was just coincidence but the simple question remains:

Does luck factor into fishing for Rare and Legendary fish?

Would really appreciate and be grateful for a firm answer before I start rebuilding and imbuing luck on fishing suits.

@Kyronix

If this question has been answered already I apologize as I could not find whatever thread it was addressed in.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
luck has alot to do with it. my suit is 2450 with the statue and i catch alot of fish believe me.