• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed The Letter

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Captain Storme watched King Blackthorn as he read the letter over and over. Watching the expressions come and go over his face. Finally, he rolled the letter back up and looked at Storme. “Where did this letter come from?” Storme cleared his throat “A black crow Milord. As soon as I took the letter, it took off.”

King Blackthorn paced back and forth in thought, for what seemed like hours, but Storme was sure it was only 5 or 10 minutes or so. Finally, he came to a standstill, and turned towards his trusted Captain. “The citizens need to know this at once sir. If this was our realm that needed help, I would hope someone would help us.” With that, he handed the letter back to the captain and walked out of the room. Being a bit curious, Captain Storme unrolled the letter and began to read:

I had seen the outcome between King Arthur and Mordred. I saw the blood run red, and eventually both villain and king die. Before Arthur’s death, he asked that the legendary sword “Excalibur” be thrown back into the lake to be guarded by the “Lady of the Lake”. With his dying breath he thought the sword to be safe.

Prior to these incidents, I had been training Morgana in the “old ways” of magic. At first I didn’t realize she was evil, all I knew was she craved to learn more. I didn’t learn of the deception until she used my own sealing spell against me, forever encasing me in ice. Morgana hoped to get my spell book, and Excalibur for herself and rule over the land.

What she wasn’t aware of, is I had placed a protection spell on Excalibur. If Morgana, or any other were to try to retrieve Excalibur for evil, and not the rightful, but unknown true blood heir of Arthur, the spell would immediately teleport Excalibur, Arthur’s son, and Merlin’s spell book to another realm of existence. A realm that Morgana would know nothing of.

If you are reading this, then Morgana has tried to retrieve Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake, and your realm is where these items have come. As I am now powerless, and have used the last of my magic to send this plea to you, my realm depends on your help now.

There are rules to my spell. My spell book has broken into several pieces, that way if one piece were to be found by accident it would be useless.

First, you must find Arthur’s illegitimate son, Gadriel. He is the only living heir to the throne now. Unfortunately, he knows not who he is, or what his destiny is.

Second, Excalibur must be located. The young man will have a clue on him as to where the sword shall be.

Once these two are reunited, the sword shall lead him to each piece of my spell book. Once all are reunited, all shall disappear and return to their rightful realm, Morgana will be destroyed, and he may take his place as King of Camelot.

I know this is a lot to place on your shoulders, but another world needs your help. I do hope you can help save mine.

~Merlin~

Continue reading...