• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The King MUST act - Tyranny rises in Sosaria.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Lord Ahasuerus, Duke of Vesper ask this-

Will the King act to oppose this illegal imposition on the people of Cove?

The appearance in Cove of a leaflet of unbelievable insolence suggests that its author believes the King to be impotent and unable to enforce the rule of Law in Sosaria. The author seems to be under the impression that an election to a gubernership bestows some kind of divinity and the role of King upon the recipient. Nothing less can be inferred from the act of supreme indifference to the rights of the people of Cove. I understood that they were to be given the opportunity to decide their own fate which is as it should be. However it looks as if this intended despot has realised what the outcome of such a vote would be and intends to avoid one.

The meaning of the word Tyrant is 'someone who seizes power illegally' and a tyrant is what we have here surely?. With the demise of the BOC, Cove is a weak town albeit still defended by strong walls. With nobody in charge, as this is a Kingdom, the welfare of Cove devolves upon the King. IT DOES NOT devolve on some elected Governor of a nearby City to decide it would be a nice adjunct to her town and a suitable place to raise revenue.

It is a sad day for me as, until this upstart is removed, replaced or otherwise disposed of I shall no longer wear my title of Duke of Vesper with my erstwhile pride. As to the proposed tax I think it might be time to live in Cove, call my residence Cove House, and debate payment of any revenue with the point of my sword.

When in Cove I shall take great delight in refusing all demands of the Vesperian army, this seemingly demented Governor is so inflated with her own self- importance that she deems such refusal 'High Treason' and in so doing commits such herself. She betrays her King and the Laws of Sosaria.

I suppose one should be a little charitable and allow for the possibility that this Governor has become unhinged by the success of being elected, she certainly seems to have taken leave of her senses.