• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The keys turned.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Josiah Havel sat at his desk under the light of a lantern penning one of several documents to be hung in various places of popularity across the realm. The past weeks of stress and uncertainty had finally given way to finality in a single piece of paper, it read:

ATTENTION!

Lord Josiah Havel, Scholar and Royal Archaeologist requests any and all assistance in the opening of the temple discovered near Destard.

This Thursday, September 30th, 2010 at 6:30pm EST all interested parties should gather at the Counselors Hall/EM Hall in Northern Britain prepared for the unknown.

~Signed
Josiah, Lord Havel.
Royal Archaeologist

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
:spider: Navery on Angel Dust and steroids... yeahhh!!

:thumbsup:

Another great job! This is what events are supposed to be... massive lag at times, plenty of mean critters, death robes and bodies galore..... oh yeah, and folks acting all infintile afterwards.

*constructive feedback*

Only thing I would not mind seeing changed is even after death the "web" and "rubberbanding back to the critter" effect still continues on occasion. That was a little annoying at times.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fun event, appreciate the hammerpick at the end so i didn't leave empty handed :p one thing that annoyed me was that white ant lion monster that had the same ability as a tormented minotaur where it can just make people die for being a screen away from it, i couldn't even see it at times and i would just drop dead from having full life.... those monsters are really no good for anyone

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get to go to many events, but that was fun, even with the lag! I guess I'll need to work on a thief now, just incase :)

One question though... I got teleported out into the middle of nowhere a couple of times. Was that intentional, because it was rather frustrating...?

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone, thank you for the feedback it really does help me quite a bit and I appreciate it.

To answer a few questions about last nights event.

#1: In regards to lag. Returning to the cave entrance was not optional, we simply HAD to go back to that same location. I was very worried about the lag situation there which is why I started with three gates to help disperse the crowd a bit from the very beginning. It seemed to work and people were at least able to move and function albeit slowly. Once inside the cave people spread out nicely and separated into about 7 pockets and the lag was minimal.

#2: A few people reported being teleported away. I do not know what caused this, it was not intentional. I have no information on that front at all.

#3: The reward giver. This was my first time using the reward giver tool. I am pleased that even after the second gate only 153 (+1 for reward hall) of the picks were given out which pretty closely matches the crowd we had last night as far as numbers. Next time I use a reward giver it will be something tall, very very tall.

#4: The Spider Idols, a few people have asked me about them. There were four of them each unique in its own way, each of them with a slightly different graphic model. They were spread out over the entire temple/cave area and they were stealable with 120 stealing skill.
“a crystal idol of Huuteth the Spider Queen”
“a crystal idol of Dresheth the Spider Queen”
“a crystal idol of Jountaal the Spider Queen”
“a crystal idol of Pthorath the fallen Spider Princess”​

#5: My 'oops'. I actually didn't spawn Pthorath last night, with so much going on I missed her, so I will have to use her in a future event.

I am always interested in feedback, it helps me learn and grow as an EM. I try and reply to all emails if I can, but I can not respond via Stratics PM, only on this Atlantic EM board so email me if you have a question/comment/feedback you want to make sure I read and reply to. [email protected]

I am glad people enjoyed the event last night, just the first of many I hope. But I feel like this short story Arc taught me quite a bit, which was the entire goal.

Thank you again, and thank you again for the feedback!

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a blast!!! It was tons of fun and cant wait for the next one. Ty for a great time. TY TY TY

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tatiyana of TWT was actually teleported to your Princess Pthorath, but was unable to attack her, as Tatiyana was above ground, and the Princess was below it. She did travel today, just moments ago, to encounter the princess underground still, freezing people as they walk by.

The event was indeed quite fun, dispite some of the hiccups already mentioned.

Tatiyana and I look forward to many more adventures with your lead.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bennu, I think you handled the reward situation very well. I look forward to attending your future events.