• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The joys of coming back to UO

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a 2 and half year break I return. Once again I am lost when it comes to PVP/PVM. Luckily I still have friends playing and they are helping me acquire some decent gear ;)

Though I am baffled at what route I want to go with my only character (human) on this server (atlantic).

Currently:
120 mage
120 eval
120 magic resist
120 necro
120 ss
120 med
rest in focus

Since I need to relearn everything I plan on doing the PVM route for a little bet before going into PVP. I am seeking a template that can do decent in both realms. I heard necro sucks now... thoughts?

Is something like this possible and worth working towards?

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
100 myst
100 spellweaving (pvm purposes, and gift of life is nice)
100 med (whats better 100 focus or 100 med?)
60 focus

I would like to aim for +30 or +40 of skills on my jewerly; +20 for magery to help with a sc mage weapon (-15 or -20 magery) and I am not sure what the other skill should be; focus or myst?

Also based on my research all my gear must have these stats: 45 DCI, 50% enhance potions, 40% lower mana cost, 100 Lower reagent cost, 2/6 casting, at least 15% spell damage increase (I plan to have more since it helps in PVM), hit lower attack on mage weapon (for dexxers; or would Hit chance increase be better here?), some casting focus on armor (or only get this if i get scribe?), mana regen (not sure on how much I need; whats the max?), and any Hit point and mana increase mods I can fit on my armor.

Any suggestions on what artifacts I should acquire? or tips on playing a template like this? perhaps go a different route? expert advice is appreciated! :)

I would not solo with this template; I would be in a group.

Thanks for your time,

Riki

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After talking to some folks in game; I should go this route (more pvp focus)
100 scribe
120 myst
120 focus
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist

this will reduce med down to 20. I will tack on MR items and HP regen items. I imagine if I want to PVM I could soulstone the scribe for spellweaving one of these days. The benefit of 120 myst and 120 focus is a must in pvp from my understanding. My jewerly are each 1/3 with +magery and dci on them. thoughts?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the las template listed would do pretty well in PVM also but if you wanted that extra kick butt factor you could stone off resist for weaving as neeed... are you Riki i used to stomp around on siege with back in the day??? in Chad's guild?

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the las template listed would do pretty well in PVM also but if you wanted that extra kick butt factor you could stone off resist for weaving as neeed... are you Riki i used to stomp around on siege with back in the day??? in Chad's guild?
Same ol riki if you mean TNT. Who was your characters?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I was going to use Mystic for PVM I would be tempted to switch out the resist spells and run 120 focus. It will add a bit more kick to the spells and give longer summons etc.