• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The job of a moderator (Everyone read ALL of this )

V

Vidi

The job of a moderator can be difined as both Cop and Judge.

And as far as Dor, She is the epitome of what a moderator should be.

Dont believe me?

Go look at the other forums. Every other forum is stifled in some way. Not so on Sonoma. This is the BEST forum for a reason.

That reason is not just the posters. The reason is Dor.

I saw some bad insinuations on some other threads and they are UNCALLED for. Dor does a fantastic job and even if I disagree with her about something in game ( Don't know when that happened or if but it could ) She is the BIGGEST REASON for this forum being as great as it is and we ALL OWE her for that.

Thanks for the great job, Dor. I know you dont get the recognition you deserve every often. I for one appreciate everything youve done for us on this forum and hope that we never lose someone as valueable as you.

The measure of a mans character is not when he is faced with consequences, but when he is not. - Vidi

<a target="_blank" href=http://shadowpriests.8m.net> Shadow Priest homepage</a>

T

tammi

I disagree.

I think its the sonoma players that deserve the praise. I have recently joined Sonoma and the maturity level is far better off then that of Napa.

<font color=00FF00>Tam</font color=00FF00> <font color=BF3EFF>[SGA]</font color=BF3EFF> of<font color=FF3030> Sonoma.</font color=FF3030>

V

Vidi

A few well placed words from the Napa moderator could do wonders with the maturity level on that forum. Thus once again we owe Dor our thanks.

The measure of a mans character is not when he is faced with consequences, but when he is not. - Vidi

<a target="_blank" href=http://shadowpriests.8m.net> Shadow Priest homepage</a>

G

<font color=blue>Best forum?

No. The thief forum, I'd say, is the best. But then again, it's only a matter of opinion. Be sure to say that the next time you call a forum the best one.

<font color=black>"You'll get your contract rates, or you'll get your contract cancelled. If you don't like it, then you can crawl back down that -hole that you came from."</font color=black>

R

Reachwind

Thief forum has far too many "LOL" postings to be the best not to mention that half the people who post there are first time english users (j/k). Best forum on stratics is the beggars forum hands down... course we only ever post like once a month....

Cap'n Janks owNs j00!

P

Perial Eclipston

I would have to say the best forum is the "Keepers of the Light" Forum, LONG LIVE THE KEEPERS!! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

<center>
</center><center>A scientist builds a compter, perfect in every way. He turns it on. The first thing he asks it? Is there a God? The computer answers...there is now.</center>

C

Cice

I don't think we can give her *all* the praise though, but certainly a lot of it :)

The Black Guards: As close to Felucca as you can get...even in Trammel.
Current goal: Drive HRE out of Golgotha.

B

BobMcForge

Oh please, a simple nod of the head to Dor is all that is required. She does an excellent job with Sonoma, regardless of how good or poor other forums are.

Thanks Dor. I apreciate the work you put into this board, and I think you're swell.

Bob McForge, Bob McDeath, Bob McTrout, Bob McSmith, Bob McZoo, Grrub'Ob, Honest Bob.
Bob is legion.
Don't mess with Bob.

S

SoBe

I say we just give her praise! This is definentely a very excellent forum, and did anyone ask everyones opinion on which they thought was the best forum? We just want to give her praise for her hard work!
SoBe

SoBe man of Sonoma
SoBe drink of the World
E-Bolt them! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/magic.gif Then drink down a nice SoBe /php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif =) /php-bin/shared/images/icons/angryfire.gif Kill the dragons by /php-bin/shared/images/icons/flash.gif

D

DeathRage

I'd have to agree with you on some of your comments. Dor is a wonderful person both in-game and as a moderator on this board. But, I dissagree that she is the reason why this board is so great.

This board shines because of ALL the people who visit, post and keep the community of Sonoma alive and vibrant. The players of Sonoma are smart, helpful, creative, and a great pleasure to be around.

This board's posters are mature enough to admit faults, humble enough to accept conflicting opinions, and generous enough to share in their experiences. They have a wonderful sense of humor and creative minds which they use to express delightful stories of their adventures in Britannia.

The content of this board (although gets OT at times) is always relevant to the lives of players and truely reflects noble characteristics of their RL and fictitional in-game lives. This earns the respect and admiration of peers.

There are many reasons why Sonoma is touted as the best shard and why the Sonoma boards reach better standards than the others. Reasons why I continue to visit ... even though I'm not playing UO right now.

I'd lists those reasons ... but there are way too many players on Sonoma to list individually here.

N

Ningauble of HOG

Now Vidi, we ALL know you would like a special title like Pluffy n all, but I dont think shameless buttkissing is gonna get ya one.....LOL

Dor is great, I agree.

The posters on this forum are great.

Sonoma is the best there is, period.

Women just cant resist a man in a deathrobe

P

Pyrus Firebane

Sonoma not only has the best board in my opinion, but I really believe it's the best shard I've played on. You guys (and gals) roxxor.

Pyrus Firebane

D

DemanKnght

Oh Wow, do we all feel warm and fuzzy now??? All patting ourselves on the back and all.. Just kidding, we do have a very nice board and not knocking Dor it really is all of us making it that way.. But Dor does step in when some one says the wrong thing or when any lurker posts get to big.. :) just kidding again.. but the forum really reflects us more than anything. So take a moment and remember how nice we must be in real life.. :)

MooneyFodder
Sonoma

X

xXKiDViDXx

YAY Dor!...but I agree with elby...the thief forum is better heh.

<center>

Just remember...The best loot in the game is not from demons, dragons, balrons, nor ancient wyrms; but from the all too common trammie.