• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Internet

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the internet is full of people trying to spread fear with straight up non-sense arguments. Tons of professionals saying its a good match at ICANN but still people like to listen to those amateurs. Sure those guys working on the root zone and IT for decades are clueless while the guys on youtube know it all *shrugs*

If you want some professional opinion on it, you might try those (but sorry, no end-of-world in there):

http://www.circleid.com/pdf/IANA-Letter.pdf
IAB Statement on the IANA Stewardship Transition | Internet Architecture Board
Internet Society congratulates global Internet community on successful IANA stewardship transition. | Internet Society

It's a good thing and I'm going to drink a glass of wine to celebrate it. Cheers!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes, the internet is full of people trying to spread fear with straight up non-sense arguments. Tons of professionals saying its a good match at ICANN but still people like to listen to those amateurs. Sure those guys working on the root zone and IT for decades are clueless while the guys on youtube know it all *shrugs*

If you want some professional opinion on it, you might try those (but sorry, no end-of-world in there):

http://www.circleid.com/pdf/IANA-Letter.pdf
IAB Statement on the IANA Stewardship Transition | Internet Architecture Board
Internet Society congratulates global Internet community on successful IANA stewardship transition. | Internet Society

It's a good thing and I'm going to drink a glass of wine to celebrate it. Cheers!
I've looked at differing opinion pieces by various authors. If you want to share your views with Stefan, though, perhaps you should contact him. :)