• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Interior Decorator tool needs a new feature....

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone remember life before the interior decorator? What a pain that was!

Now with gozas and grass/floor tiles the interior decorator needs a new feature - the ability to set how many times you want something raised!

I spent most of Sunday raising floor tiles and gozas one tile at a time (yes I am sure I can set a macro to repeat the action 20 times, but it still raises slowly). The interior decorator currently has "Turn", "Up" and "Down", they need to add "Raise" and "Lower" . When you click raise or lower it then prompts for a number. When you click "okay" the tool then automatically raises the object to that level" (in one shot, not one at a time).

One can dream right? Oh well, back to raising tiles....200 down...and...I don't even want to think how many to go.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i basically have a macro set for "target last" and just hold the button down and count while things are moved up and down.

it works for me. helps my OCD-ness.. heh

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just an fyi to people. The timer between tool use is only between a single item. you can raise 2 tiles faster than one. 3 tiles faster than 2... etc etc.

Basically click one tile to raise then click another and switch back and forth. the slowest way to tile raising is to do one at a time.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When building my tents using thousands of gozas i have to go through this pain staking process, been dreaming of this add on to the decorator for years now lol.

I found the best way is to raise 4 at a time, like scribbles said. 1 2 3 4, then back to 1 2 3 4, alot quicker that way :). I always have a ladder on me too and stand on that to go higher instead of having to run between floors. :)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When building my tents using thousands of gozas i have to go through this pain staking process, been dreaming of this add on to the decorator for years now lol.

I found the best way is to raise 4 at a time, like scribbles said. 1 2 3 4, then back to 1 2 3 4, alot quicker that way :). I always have a ladder on me too and stand on that to go higher instead of having to run between floors. :)
Esca, come and do my castle, my stone pavers await you!

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After suffering through what seems like an eternity raising stone tiles today, I took the time to record macros.

Use item -"Decorator"
Pause 2000 (enought time for targeting"
Last target
pause 1001
last item
last target
Pause 1001
-----------------
Repeat for height needed
------------------
Thats for UOA
In EC you can get and store targets so youd probably can macro down a bunch of times
but this worked great when watching a movie.
Just stand on a ladder, and everytime it resets just hurry and click your next tile when pausing, and it continues the job

A few years back I seem to reemember to be able to change any target to "target relative" but couldent get that option now. That woulda done the same as target storing in EC

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Another tip is to use the rough blocks. From the floor you can place 3 of theese on top of each other. And, even without locking them down, you can place pavers on top, double click and move blocks to the next tile. Will give you the first 15 tiles in height without the decorator tool :)

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another tip is to use the rough blocks. From the floor you can place 3 of theese on top of each other. And, even without locking them down, you can place pavers on top, double click and move blocks to the next tile. Will give you the first 15 tiles in height without the decorator tool :)
Thank you. Seriously. Thank you. Why didnt I think of this 1000 tiles ago???

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Anyone remember life before the interior decorator? What a pain that was!

Now with gozas and grass/floor tiles the interior decorator needs a new feature - the ability to set how many times you want something raised!

I spent most of Sunday raising floor tiles and gozas one tile at a time (yes I am sure I can set a macro to repeat the action 20 times, but it still raises slowly). The interior decorator currently has "Turn", "Up" and "Down", they need to add "Raise" and "Lower" . When you click raise or lower it then prompts for a number. When you click "okay" the tool then automatically raises the object to that level" (in one shot, not one at a time).

One can dream right? Oh well, back to raising tiles....200 down...and...I don't even want to think how many to go.
How about also adding the ability to move an item either right or left?