• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The importance of PK's

How does PK's affect your gameplay experience?

• PK's ruin my game experience, I wouldn't mind a 100% trammel ruleset

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I think that PK's adds something to the game experience in general

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • PK's is a crucial element to this game, without it I wouldn't be here

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Just returned and got something on my mind..

The other saturday, I participated in 2 'coon spawns with some random blues (fel ofc). People seemed so unafraid of a raid, I didn't know anyone there but didn't feel unwelcome at all. People would even stay around the corpse and chat with a 120 ps in their pack.. While this was nice in one way, it left me with an unfunny feeling. If there is little to no competition on champ spawns, it means a huge chunk of the risk is taken out. To some people, that would make it more interesting, but to me it makes it that much less interesting.

I never thought of this before, but I suddenly realized the importance of PK's. I really see little point in going to fel champ spawns if there is no adrenaline or rush included. In fact, I felt that the game was kind of pointless if there is no battle between players involved.

This is my take on it, and now I'd love to hear yours. Is PvP in fel active on your shard? Does it matter for your game experience, and if so in what way?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not just PK's but thieves as well. The changes made to the ruleset on production shards have made playing a thief a lot less worth our time. Nobody should feel safe with a 120 scroll in their pack...then again, that's the opinion of a thief who left the production shards after publish 16...la

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree on thieves as they add to that "unsafe" experience. We all know that's such a different profession nowadays. Personally I think anything that is a threat that comes from other players gives that extra edge. I like a balance, since a 100% fel ruleset would not be able to compete with other MMORPGs I'm afraid. Although I do have to say that a game with a 100% fel ruleset is such a fun challenge.

Zigggy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The last two champ spawns I have done in fel i got pk'ed so they are definetly still out there. (rikktor and semidar). The benefit to fel for me is the extra 1000 luck. putting my sampire with honor right around 3800 luck.

Zigggy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am on Atlantic. Thank you btw. I am running a fencing sampire. It reduces the need for all that extra stam which gives me room for luck. Plus leaf blade is badass. With 160 stam and 5ssi i am swinging full speed with leafblade or kama (only whirlwind fending weapon). I am at 1500 luck without statue. Could be more but i need to find a ring a brace that fit my template. Cheers, let me know if you want to go kill some stuff.

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice. Well I'm on the other side of the pond (Sweden), so it might be a bit difficult going together. Atlantic looks more populated as well, but I'm trying to pull some strings to get stuff going on EU now, PK wise I mean. =)