• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The h3ll with golem training...

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I returned to UO and see that you need to heal your golem.. I decided to bash some monsters to get my skill up and try out my ninja and bush skills... I am at 100 swords and been whacking arctic ogre lords.. I know these guys can get me to 110 or 115.. but is there another way to go about this? I been getting loot from the lords which is nice.. I just honor them and use soul seeker. The respawn rate is fast so I dont care if they die fast... Should I take this guy to doom and gain off them and try to get a arty in the process? I use mirror image alot to prevent them from hitting me and then I use LS when I attack... Well someone write back and let me know your thoughts on where is a good place to train swords and get nice items in the process... ( I know generals are great to fight, but the sigils need stolen on my shard)

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To take your bushido from like 115-120 I've found the fastest way that can make you a lot of money is to kill the two red mages in the last room before the altar in the travesty area. There's to Red Dragon's Flame Mages that spawn there fairly quickly and if you Momentum Strike them, you gain really quick. They also carry decent gold and with the BOS changes back to the way they were, maybe I'll actually bring back the 60k GP piles I leave down there. Just remember to keep honoring one so you'll refill your mana/stam/life once it dies, rinse and repeat, boring but good skill gains while killing mobs. Can also DS when they're near death so you can regain mana after it dies, but in all honesty, ninjitsu is so mana intensive, its almost better to sit and whack your horse in luna.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best gains from 110-120:
Yomotsu mines - good gains, ok gold.
The Labyrinth - Minotaurs all have over 100 wrestling. The problem is you only get a couple hours of training before Merkatus shows up.
Champ spawning - The upper two levels of every champion spawn has creatures with high wrestling and you get scrolls of transcendancy and a chance of a replica.
Travesty - Key collecting gets gold, strongbox quests and the chance to kill Travesty herself.
And last (and least) - Ogre lords for the chance of 10th anniversary artifacts.

R

RichDC

If you have spellweaving on a different char, soulstone it to your warrior and dryad allure those arctic ogre lords...then use them like a golem...difference?

Golem 99% poison resist
Arctic ogre lord 100%poison resist

T

Turdnugget

Or if you're just working up bushido and don't mind some mind numbing boring training... unguild yourself, find yourself a rabbit, go to tram, outside the gates, and attack that using LS over and over and over and over and over...

It helps if you're in lich form + MR + shadow wisp though. You constantly have mana and aren't waiting for mana to replenish to hit the next LS.

You could do Doom and chance an arty. Or Yomatsu mines are also good. Depends if you want to just get it over with, or have benefits of loot while doing it.

R

RichDC

Yea forgot to mention if your gna use the Ogre lord you need to be either in fel or in guild...so dont LS it as you will kill it!!!

But for swords/tactics dont think there is faster once youve hit 75ish (if you find the right OL f course :p)

C

Connor_Graham

Yea forgot to mention if your gna use the Ogre lord you need to be either in fel or in guild...so dont LS it as you will kill it!!!

But for swords/tactics dont think there is faster once youve hit 75ish (if you find the right OL f course :p)
I don't know about that. The Yomotsu Warriors in the 2nd room in the mines raise both of those skills pretty darn quick.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OL's seem quicker because you don't have to sit at your keyboard. :)

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used Troglodytes to raise swords and bushido. The respawn rate is super fast, and I made a ton of gold in the process.