• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Greatest Zoo in all of UO

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am slowly making my way back to civilization after a long absence. On my way back I dropped in on our zoo in Moonglow. How long have the new flowers and guestbook been there? It looks great and is fitting testament to the community that has the oldest crane in all of UO and by far the most dedicated group of people keeping our zoo populated.

For those who care, we have sadly lost our silver steed.

I look forward to adventuring with old friends again soon!

Does anyone sponsor regular pet fights anymore?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been awhile since we had a zoo supporting event. I keep donating my tamed ki-rins when I'm training, but at 250 points each, they're not doing too much to stave off the points decay.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once I get myself settled in I hope to bring back pet fights to offer some small support to the zoo. I would really like to be able to make them a monthly event to raise gold for the zoo.

I don't have the resources to offer prizes for events like the old tamers challenges of years past.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't think anyone's done anything with the Zoo since Calina had to cut back her game time.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you are right Flutter. At least nobody else publicized anything on these boards since then. But then again our zoo couldn't be as well off on both facets without some folks putting in some effort.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I drop some gold there from time to time, and the polar bears that I'm taming on my "secondary" tamer. But yeah... The silver steed escaped, I think it may be looking for a mate or something. *shrugs*

But yeah, you may see me hovering around there from time to time. I don't find as much time to game like I used to. But I do bounce in and out.

*waves to Jerimiah*

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would dedicate some of my events in my city to funding the zoo if we start seeing more ppl actively wanting to take care of it. I do have a Pet vs. Pet event in my rack of event offerings up and coming at Vamp's Lair.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fantastic! I hope to see our Silver Steed back soon.

Speaking of the matter... did we (as a shard) ever decide on a nickname for our silver steed?

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember ever comming up with a name for our crane much less the steed.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear...

Would Grog be inappropriate for the Crane? Hey Jerimiah... do you still have the battle house in Fellucca?

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bob-

I still have the pet fight arena in fel that was given to me by Vallend long long ago. Just after the first (and only) Grog Fest if I remember correctly. I hope to dust it off and breath life back into those events before too much longer. I would also appreciate any re-design suggestions once we get things organized.

S

samikapanen1

Well I'm going to try and do my part. I've started working my first tamer. See you in a couple years :)

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure the Dev's meant well with the chicken lizards but... I kinda think that the lore of having a cock fight was that the chickens were so weak. Aren't the chicken lizards kinda tough?

Would've been neat IMO if they had simply introduced rosters. So that it could truly be a "cock" fight.

And no, I don't feel strange using the word cock, for I use it in the proper form. But... try telling that to EA.