• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) The Great Hunt! - Every Thursday - Charyboris Next Week

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I invite you all to come together as a shard and take part in taking down every great evil that threatens the realm! This is a weekly event to fight and complete the list of every major boss there is to fight in this game! Each week we will do 3 or 4 every thursday and work our way down the list so you can say you've fought every boss in the game! We weill begin with the easiest ones to prepare for and work our way to the hardest.

The Purge List
Red = Not Done Yet
Green = Completed
Yellow = Next to do

Peerless

Lady Melisande
Shimmering Effusion
Dreadhorn
Travesty
Grizzle
Lord Paroxymous
Medusa
Stygian Dragon
Exodus

Champ Spawn

Unholy Terror - Niera the Necromancer Undead
Arachnid Spawn - Mephitis Spider
Cold Blood - Riktor reptile
Vermin Horde - Baracoon Rats
Forest Lord - Lord Oaks Fey
Sleeping Dragon - Serado the Awakened
Abyss Spawn - Semidar demon
Abyssal Infernal
Primeval Lich
Minotaur Spawn Labrynth
Corrupt Pestilence Spawn bedlam
Twaalo of the Glade Twisted Weald
Dragon Turtle Eodon

Other Bosses

Despise
Void Pool Covetous
Cora the sorceress Covetous
Scalis & leviathan

Charyboris
Corgul
Slasher of Veils
Harrower
Doom

Exploring the deep shadowlord Ararat
Shadowguard keep

Harbringer
Navrey Nighteyes

Last edited:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thursday 10th March 7pm GMT after Brit Bank Meet - Gather Brit Bank

This Thursday we will fight:
Lady Melisande
Sleeping Dragon Champion Spawn
Medusa

For Lady Mel and Sleeping dragon you do not need quests. But anyone wishing to attend please make sure you have done the sacred quest to enter abyss for Medusa:

Sacred Quest - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

TAMERS ARE NO GOOD AT MEDUSA SO WE WILL DO HER LAST AND SWITCH CHARS TO DO HER.

Last edited:

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a splendid idea! I will come along and fight alongside you bear folk! Jilyan, Valura or Kharah most likely..Poppy and Darwynna are too peaceful, I suppose Poppy could throw cakes at them..

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Excellent idea! Hope I have to time to join. Any special characters recomended ? Something about tamers not so good at medusa?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes thank you for pointing that out Donzer, I will have to say each time which classes not to use at certain bosses :) Yes Tamers no good against Medusa. We will have to switch chars and do her at end or something. In future ill pair up bosses you can use the same character throughout so dont have to go through that.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Doubt we can join yet, busy week here, but nice initiative Esca!! :thumbsup:
We were a little surprised to see the tamers remark, you mean tamers are no good to deal damage? That we would understand. But the GDs are a nice shield, we always use a mix of tamers and mages and that works a treat. How do others fight her? (We are guessing sampires?)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not that Tamers aren't good, they just do more harm than good against certain bosses like Medusa, Stygian dragon, Paroxymous.

Medusa will petrify pets and make evil twins of them which an evil twin of a greater dragon is very nasty. Lord Paroxymous eats pets to restore his life. Stygian dragon just eats pets for breakfast with pure damage.

Certain classes just dont do well against certain bosses. Its like warriors or close range fighers arnt very good against Scalis due to his powerful AoE. Bards are no good against Travesty as travesty will copy you and proceed to discord your party. Warriors that fight in close quarters are no good against lady Mel due to her powerful AoE.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We agree on most of what you wrote. But we just never saw the evil twin dragons as a problem since with a dragon slayer book one can shoot them to smithereens with just 2 corp pors before they even come to life. :) :) And with equip last weapon it's easy enough to switch between Repond and Dragon Slayer spellbook.

Slam-ODR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Why do we need Tamers on a Group hunt? Nothing a good Group can´t handle without those lame Dragons.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont use dragons much anymore! Well! I use my Bane Dragon/Tiger combo! I love it!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh matey the Lag on Europa UO tonight was awful! Loads of us were lagging and crashing during hunt. Managed to get it done though.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for hosting this mate. Was a lot of fun.

See you next week.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thursday 17th March 7pm GMT/UTC after Brit Bank Meet - Gather Brit Bank

Next Thursday we will fight:
2-3 runs of Travesty
Dragon Turtle Eodon Champion Spawn
Finish with a few rounds of Doom.

Please make sure you have accept the quest from Sarakki the Notary at the entrance to the drawbridge to Castle British to get into Travesty!

Bards are not advised for Travesty as she will copy you and then use your discord skill on the rest of us. But there will probaly be so many of us we'll just mob her anyway so shouldnt matter too much!

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missed last night, was in A&E with an ill son. Sorry Esca et al.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe no worries :) We'll be doing it for a fair few thursdays so im sure you get along at some point :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all who came tonight! Was a good bunch of us, nice to have a party that big down the doom gauntlet, havent seen that many down there in years lol. Sorry we only got 1 travesty done, i spent 2 hours farming the keys and the bosses just would not drop them! Next week will be a good one so make sure you come along!

Thursday 24th March 7pm GMT/UTC after Brit Bank Meet - Gather Brit Bank

Next Thursday we will fight:
Stygian Dragon
Corgul
Finish with Scalis!

Please make sure you have done the sacred quest to enter the Stygian Abyss to do the Stygian Dragon.

Hope everyone has High Seas to ride my ship to corgul, if you dont we'll all have to get on a crappy old boat which would be very saddening as I like to sail in style :p

As for classes to use, the only point I have to make is no one really takes tamers to stygian dragon, Im not aware of any major reason for this apart from the stygian dragon just dishes out so much damage he kills them too fast, plus you cant stand near to vet. But if theres a good bunch of us which there usually is we should be fine. Please someone state if theres another reason why people dont use pets at Stygian.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is tomorrow! We will be trying to do corgul again! the rest will be fel hunts which i will not disclose here so be ready!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah we finally managed Corgul and then did some more scalis as didnt have numbers or protection to do other stuff. NExt week i think we shall start with slasher of veils and then get some of the champs knocked off the list

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might have to postpone this, i just went to log in and my account just closed today and I don't get paid till tomorrow to reopen it. So may have to postpone and do it tomorrow or in next few days. Ill keep you updated, will try get my account reopened before 7pm

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update: Ive managed to borrow the money off a family member but Have to wait for it to transfer, so hunt should go ahead but might start at 7.30 instead

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks those who came tonight, we knocked slasher off the list and finished with 3 medusa! Next week we are doing nothing but champs as we need to get them done. So doing champs no matter what!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight we'll do something on the list, I havent had to time to prepare with keys this week, so will just knock a few things off the list that dont take alot of prep to do :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im gonna postpone this and do a big hunt this Sunday instead and get some keys etc ready as something has come up I wont be able to be on for long tonight so will do it Sunday instead

RanmaRembo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just remembered in going for a meal after work on Thurs. Hopefully still be fighting something when I get in :p

RanmaRembo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well balls I missed it xD stayed later than I thought. Hope all had fun though. Will try to show my face around a bit of more. Just too many games to play too!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont worry theres always next week :D Yeah too many games too little time. I know the struggle

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right this Thursday we are going to do Exodus and that will be all the peerless finished! Then we will do the trammel Despise dungeon with andros the dread lord and see what we have time for after that.

Now the annoying thing is the Exodus keys which are different to the other peerless, there are 4 keys. The Altar, Summoning Rite, Sacrificial Dagger and Robe of Rite. You only need 1 altar for the group but then everyone needs 1 each of the other keys. So for a party of 10 people need 10 Rites, daggers and robes.
I will be farming them for the next 2 days as best I can from Exodus Dungeon; The exodus sentinals, zealots, juggernaughts and drones have chance to drop them. Theres all sorts of strong nasties in that dungeon, I use provocation on my bard which is very good and effective and Sampires are also good at collecting the keys.
You can craft them but they are expensive in materials.

If anyone wants to help get some keys then your help is more than welcome :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is tonight! Might have to leave Exodus till next week though as I need more time to get all keys together. But we got plenty of other stuff to do :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks :) This Thursday we will definately do Trammel Despise and fight andros the dread lord. Last week Exodus took a long time so we didn't get round to it. If we get a good enough turnout we will also attempt the Labrynth Minotaur Champ Spawn!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time Mixup? Shard mixup? Facet Mixup? :D I came to BB, didnt see you :-(
That is my fault mad seven not yours. You got time and place right.

I have to cancel this week, something has come up and ive only just been able to get to a computer to make this post. I wont be on UO till Sunday night now. Sorry for the delay, Ill try host a spontaneous hunt before next Thursday, if not the great hunt will continue next Thursday