• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The Great Catskills Babble Thread

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: was wondering

Gawd... Do I need to put you two in separate play rooms again?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: was wondering

Question: Who would win in a fight between Jet Li and Sylvester Stalone?

Answer: Chuck Norris

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[YOUTUBE]S3GT9UN7nDo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

LBJ's nuts.
NSFW

[YOUTUBE]mN3z3eSVG7A[/YOUTUBE]

Reagan soviet jokes

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't do it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Dear Black Sun,

You know what I want. Resistance is futile.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey!

*thinks* Oh well, I kinda like Black Sun too...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks her over*

Dear, there is no way in wolf 459 you are going to convince me you are a Borg cube.
[nerd lecture]Ugh, excuse me! It's wolf 359! The federation's first major engagement with the Borg occurred at wolf 359. That's where Captain Picard was captured which resulted in his assimilation into the Borg collective. Hello?[/nerd lecture]

(Hmmm, that's odd. my browser's spell check software informs me that Borg is supposed to be capitalized. How strange...)

Dear Black Sun,

You know what I want. Resistance is futile.
And I don't know how many times I have to tell you. I need my kidneys, so no, you can not have them to sell at the UP's next black market!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
[nerd lecture]Ugh, excuse me! It's wolf 359! The federation's first major engagement with the Borg occurred at wolf 359. That's where Captain Picard was captured which resulted in his assimilation into the Borg collective. Hello?[/nerd lecture]
Nerd :lol:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
*looks her over*

Dear, there is no way in wolf 459 you are going to convince me you are a Borg cube.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

(Hmmm, that's odd. my browser's spell check software informs me that Borg is supposed to be capitalized. How strange...)

And I don't know how many times I have to tell you. I need my kidneys, so no, you can not have them to sell at the UP's next black market!
HAHAHHAHA NERD!!!!

NERD ALERT!!!!

The Battle of Wolf 359 is a fictional space battle in the Star Trek universe between the United Federation of Planets and the Borg Collective in the year 2367. It is depicted in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Best of Both Worlds, Part II" and the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine pilot, "Emissary."

Next think I know, you will be telling me you are a Stargazer.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hate correcting a fellow nerd, but Captain Picard went aboard the Borg cube in the episode "The Best of Both Worlds, Part 1" that was the one before the one with Wolf 359 "The Best of Both Worlds, Part 2". Part 1 was the season ending cliffhanger and ended with Picard appearing for the first time as a Borg and his famous lines were. "I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service us." and "You will be assimilated."

The Battle of Wolf 359 did not take place till the season premiere the following year.

*** To save my cool reputation I will now quote Bill and Ted... Bill: Be excellent to each other. Ted: Party on dudes!

-- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure ***

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hate correcting a fellow nerd, but Captain Picard went aboard the Borg cube in the episode "The Best of Both Worlds, Part 1" that was the one before the one with Wolf 359 "The Best of Both Worlds, Part 2". Part 1 was the season ending cliffhanger and ended with Picard appearing for the first time as a Borg and his famous lines were. "I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service us." and "You will be assimilated."

The Battle of Wolf 359 did not take place till the season premiere the following year.

*** To save my cool reputation I will now quote Bill and Ted... Bill: Be excellent to each other. Ted: Party on dudes!

Oh dear, I am surrounded by nerds and trekkies.

Station

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And a glaring oversight like this is the reason I'm in the process of re-watching the entire series of next generation. I haven't gotten to Best of both worlds yet. Hence my embarrassing gaffe. :blushing:

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's actually "You're all trekkie nerds and I've realized I'm not nerdy enough to stay in this thread"

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
And a glaring oversight like this is the reason I'm in the process of re-watching the entire series of next generation. I haven't gotten to Best of both worlds yet. Hence my embarrassing gaffe. :blushing:
Damn you're sexy.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have no idea, I can't swing a bat'leth without hitting 5 women who are chasing after me.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Righto.
And if anyone else is interested we sure do have some nice bridges to sell...

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Righto.
And if anyone else is interested we sure do have some nice bridges to sell...
Don't know about those bridges dearie, *raises eyebrows*

Greetings, I am Aedon Durreah of the Bureau of highways and bridges, I am afraid I must inspect your spans.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Don't know about those bridges dearie, *raises eyebrows*

Greetings, I am Aedon Durreah of the Bureau of highways and bridges, I am afraid I must inspect your spans.
Bah! Don't act like it's the first time you've asked to see my spans.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The woman who introduced my parents married a man named James Kirk.

Also there is a Dr. James Kirk at my university.

Figured I'd share since trekkie stench still fills the air here.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The woman who introduced my parents married a man named James Kirk.

Also there is a Dr. James Kirk at my university.

Figured I'd share since trekkie stench still fills the air here.
Yes but did either of them have the middle name of Tiberius?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Must... get.... more... fish....
Must... finish... quest....

HELP ME OMG!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must... get.... more... fish....
Must... finish... quest....

HELP ME OMG!
I read in uhall that it's easier to get the quest fish when not actually doing the quest. Go fish up alot of each of the fish it usually calls for,then go get the quest.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This year we will experience 4 unusual dates: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 . NOW even more odd, go figure this out. Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born add that to the age you will be on your birthday in 2011 and it will equal 111. How is that for strange?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This year we will experience 4 unusual dates: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 . NOW even more odd, go figure this out. Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born add that to the age you will be on your birthday in 2011 and it will equal 111. How is that for strange?
ITS A CONSPIRACY!!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ITS A CONSPIRACY!!
No it's not.
It's some form of witchery or evil black magic!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I made that happen.