• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) The Governor of Yew´s Siege Perilous Small Houses Contest - Entries and Winners!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody!

Sir John McLeod, the Governor of Yew, proudly announces the results of the Siege Perilous Small Houses Contest!

The contest received 6 entries. The jury, which consists of myself and 2 anonymous jurors, decided to give out 6 awards: 2 x 1 gold medal, 2 x silver medal, 2 x bronze medal. Hence, all entries will be awarded.

Here are the winners:

GOLD MEDAL

Max Blackoak´s Ruined Tower in the Middle of Nowhere!

A very fine example of what can be achieved with passion, thought and a small but well-chosen plot. Cant be done better! This is the overall winner for the best design and the best story around it - the designer even developed a storyline for the entry (see the book).

House Design: Legendary
Decoration: Mythical
Originality: Legendary

Overall Rating: Legendary

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SECOND GOLD MEDAL

Silvermoon´s Slaughter´s Outpost!

The player that gets the second gold medal has only been active on SP for a couple of weeks, yet he lacks the resources of other players. Furthermore he rejected any help from other players. All you see here is done without buying gold or transferring vet rewards or donations by others. Hence, the player gets a huge bonus, that lifts him to the top. The design is not as sophisticated as the other gold medal-entry, but its a very fine example of what can be achieved with small resources and some love and thought. Like the other gold medal-entry, the designer rejected to build a cube, which is always the easies solution on a small plot. In contrary, he used stairs and some intelligent room designs for making his plot unique! Congratulations for a newcomer, we hope you will stay on SP!

Overall Rating: Mythical - with a newb-bonus!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SILVER MEDALS

Talia´s Governor´s Mansion!

Another very nice house, which has a fantastic location and offers some really nice deco ideas! The jury liked the maritime flair and the originality of the design - as well as the use of cool materials. There are many lovely details to disvover. Congratulations, Talia!

House Design: Grandmaster
Originality: Mythical

Overall Rating: Mythical

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SECOND SILVER MEDAL

Miss Echo´s Small House

Another great design showing great customizing skills. The house proves how a perfect small home and a vendor-location can look like, as a base for starting on SP. The design uses every single tile for an intelligent architectural solution. You dont need much space for a good start! Its a classical, clean and thoughtful design - congratulations!

Originality: Elder

Overall Rating: Mythical

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BRONZE MEDALS

Vixen´s Garden

This entry got a nice applause for the whole idea. Its very reductionistic, but shows originality and some good humor. Bonus points for the funniest design!

House Design: Grandmaster
Decoration: Grandmaster

Overall Rating: Elder

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SECOND BRONZE MEDAL

Sara Dale´s Small House

Located on TC, the designer had not that much deco items for this house. The jury liked the way the rooms were designed and the materials and the used color scheme/materials. The locations got bonus points, because it fits perfectly to this time of the year!

House Design: Elder
Decoration: Grandmaster
Originality: Grandmaster

Overall Rating: Elder

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ha! Thank you very much, glad you liked it.

For everyone else who would like to check out my house, go to dungeon covetous and run south-east across the road to find it. It will stay public and the doors are set to anyone.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Congrats to all, special to Max, I was very happy to see a house in the place where old Blackoak guildhouse was. It looks great, well done Max.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here are the awards:

GOLD MEDAL: A Code for 1.000 Souvereigns

SILVER MEDAL: A Code for 500 Souvereigns

BRONZE MEDAL: A Protector of the Battle Mage or a Fallen Mystic´s Spellbook

In case you prefer a certain item or want an armor artifact / a scroll instead of Sovereigns, just tell me your wishes, I might be able to get your desired items. :)

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Vixen was trying to grow a castle, as you can see from the old man on the Bench and the Sun Dial its going to be a while. :)

Dexterslab

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Max your design is realy great! Thumbs up. And a big thanks to Eaerendil for the contest an the jury for the good rating ;)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I share this over on UOHomeDecor as well? Great contest and great entries!
Sure, and I still hope, you will publish me museum and my pirate bar on your website :) I think, both oy my own houses are very well-done, too ;)

blend

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Very fun:)
look at some Nice house picture.
Thank you

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There are a lot of talented architects out there in UO land. Congratulations to all. Ive sen Max's house and its lovely.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sure, and I still hope, you will publish me museum and my pirate bar on your website :) I think, both oy my own houses are very well-done, too ;)
I plan to. I'm just trying to find time to do them all. Between real life chaos I have gotten behind. Hoping things settle down at the end of this month.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan to. I'm just trying to find time to do them all. Between real life chaos I have gotten behind. Hoping things settle down at the end of this month.
Best wishes to you and your family!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody!

Sir John McLeod, the Governor of Yew, proudly announces the results of the Siege Perilous Small Houses Contest!

The contest received 6 entries. The jury, which consists of myself and 2 anonymous jurors, decided to give out 6 awards: 2 x 1 gold medal, 2 x silver medal, 2 x bronze medal. Hence, all entries will be awarded.

Here are the winners:

GOLD MEDAL

Max Blackoak´s Ruined Tower in the Middle of Nowhere!

A very fine example of what can be achieved with passion, thought and a small but well-chosen plot. Cant be done better! This is the overall winner for the best design and the best story around it - the designer even developed a storyline for the entry (see the book).

Overall Rating: Legendary
Always a fan of this little home. Nice work!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always a fan of this little home. Nice work!
In case you were referring to mine I'll have to apologize for not mentioning you by the way...quite some time ago you showed me how to use trash barrels to properly place stuff and you also showed me that nice little trick with the vines that "grow through" the East walls etc.
Couldn't have done it without your advice back then! (Also you donated that fallen branch...I still have no idea where it actually came from) Thank you Ikichet!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
......how to use trash barrels to properly place stuff and you also showed me that nice little trick with the vines that "grow through" the East walls etc.
Oh my, can you elaborate on those deco tricks, or did you do a blood pact with Ikichet to never kiss and tell? ;)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pretty sure it's not a big secret. It's probably easier to show in game though.

the trash barrel trick is pretty simple. sometimes it's really hard to accurately place things in one exact tile. The work around is to stand on the tile, say "I wish to place a trash barrel" and put whatever item you wish to place there in the trash barrel. Now you have 3 minutes to chop the trash barrel with an axe before it will delete your item. Once the barrel is chopped the item will drop in the exact tile where you wanted it. Voilá!

The trick about the vines is that the East walls of my house are actually right on the border of the house plot, meaning that you can't actually place vines on the outside of those walls because they would be outside the houseplot. The trick is to use the vines that can be put on a corner (not the flat ones) and lock them down on the floor right next to the wall INSIDE the house. Now use an interior decorator tool to lift them up (at least 1x). They will now "poke" through the wall and can be seen from the outside thus creating the illusion that vines are growing on the outside of that wall.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pretty sure it's not a big secret. It's probably easier to show in game though.

the trash barrel trick is pretty simple. sometimes it's really hard to accurately place things in one exact tile. The work around is to stand on the tile, say "I wish to place a trash barrel" and put whatever item you wish to place there in the trash barrel. Now you have 3 minutes to chop the trash barrel with an axe before it will delete your item. Once the barrel is chopped the item will drop in the exact tile where you wanted it. Voilá!

The trick about the vines is that the East walls of my house are actually right on the border of the house plot, meaning that you can't actually place vines on the outside of those walls because they would be outside the houseplot. The trick is to use the vines that can be put on a corner (not the flat ones) and lock them down on the floor right next to the wall INSIDE the house. Now use an interior decorator tool to lift them up (at least 1x). They will now "poke" through the wall and can be seen from the outside thus creating the illusion that vines are growing on the outside of that wall.
another trick to this is putting whatever you want to be in that spot, inside a small crate upload_2016-10-10_17-22-48.png inside your backpack. then just axe it inside your pack and it falls to your feet in that spot.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would that work on the south wall also?
it didn't work on the walls of my tower but I figured that they might simply be too thick. Thinking about it I believe it has to do with the way these vines are located on the tile you drop them on. they tend to stick out on the right (east) and that's why it works on the East walls. But I haven't played around with that for too long so I am not certain.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case you were referring to mine I'll have to apologize for not mentioning you by the way...quite some time ago you showed me how to use trash barrels to properly place stuff and you also showed me that nice little trick with the vines that "grow through" the East walls etc.
Couldn't have done it without your advice back then! (Also you donated that fallen branch...I still have no idea where it actually came from) Thank you Ikichet!
I was referring to your house, and I do remember that visit. :p

Happy to have been of help! :D

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hehe I had only been on shard about 2 weeks when that was built , as well. The deco in my place was the sum total of my deco on the shard, and that was bought off local vendors. Well done all, although I have now moved to a slightly larger spot to place my shop.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great work, Miss Echo! I try to deliver your award within the next days!

Thanks for your participation!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Delivered all awards except the one for Talia - trying to finish it by next week :)

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holding out until I find that crystal skull aren't ya?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk