• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Floating Gardens of Sosaria

S

Sonoma

Wow. That actually makes me want a castle. I have been looking for ideas for those hedges and seeing this gives me a few. Any chance I could get a tour some time?

M

mutau

Incredibly fabulous!

Do you recall how many lockdowns it took?

T

Tazar

Incredibly fabulous!

Surprisingly, probably not that many. I don't think that Goza mats count as a lockdown so it is just the hedges, statues, etc.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Incredibly fabulous!

Tazar is right... the gozas do not count toward lock downs. It took 254 hedges, then the plants in the four quad areas... Id say a total of around 350 lockdowns. That's including the hedges, the deco plants, the tables and trinsic roses, everything. But I do have the 40% storage increase which gives me a total of 6563. So all said and done its not too big a chunk out of my storage space.

Y

Yen Sid

Sorry to bump an old thread but I just got my first Castle and was hoping that I can get permission to attempt something like this. I don't like to steal people's ideas so I thought I would come and ask :).

BTW I think it looks amazing.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to bump an old thread but I just got my first Castle and was hoping that I can get permission to attempt something like this. I don't like to steal people's ideas so I thought I would come and ask :).

BTW I think it looks amazing.
Sure, feel free to try out anything you like. Thanks for asking, that was really considerate. If somebody wants to emulate something I did I find that a huge compliment, not at all offensive. Drop me a line if you have any questions or run into any trouble.

Simon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I have been asking for customizable castles and keeps for a while now. I'm not sure we will ever get them, but the devs have given us some awesome tools to build with. I figured instead of complaining about what we don't have, I would try my hand at using what we have been given. I have always wanted a nice garden in my castle, and could never think of a convenient and appropriate place to put one. Through some older methods, and in combination with some of the newer plants we have been graced with, I was finally able to achieve my vision. I have to tell you, although this took an insane amount of time and work, I feel it was well worth it. This is why I play UO, and why I will continue to pay for my account until the day the servers close. There is no other game that allows us the freedom to express ourselves and customize our experience as much as UO. I had more fun, and worked harder, doing this project then anything else I have done so far in game. I hope you all enjoy these screen shots as much as I do!

*** A special thanks to all my guild mates and the many vendors that helped supply me with everything needed. And thanks to UO and all the devs that work so had to provide us with such an amazing game! ***

***Thanks to Teeshy for splicing these together for me***
Very great construction. Unfortunately I was banned for 24 hours by a GM for using floating goza mats. My construction wasnt large, house set on private... This really sucks!

Service Suspended 24 Hours For Ultima Online Account: <account name>

Your Ultima Online account has been suspended from the Ultima Online service for 24 hours due to the following violation of the Rules of Conduct.

Violation: Exploitation of Ultima Online game/service mechanics
Shard: Drachenfels
Character: Hank
Incident: Player was found to have built a floating two story structure above their house in Luna with the use goza mats.

Rules of Conduct: 13) You may not use the Ultima Online Service or the Ultima Online Web Site for any activities other than activities that are permitted within the game world.