• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "First Ever Tinker Crafted" BABBLE THREAD [OT]

G

First off let me just say that I don't know if only Mods (or other board VIPs) are allowed to start babble threads, if so apologies!

If not...........

Babble!!! Purely because I'm interested to know how many people read on this board - since it's only 2 pages.

It's 1:53 AM, I'm tired!

L

Lady Violet

Good morning.

I would like to see that tinkers could be able to make rings where they could write somekind of small text. (like wedding rings)

D

Draza

I wanna see tinkers make jewelry with more than one gem.
They are sooooo preeeeettyyyy.... *sigh*

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to see Golems used for something more than just punching bags.

Also, Tinkers need more things to make that are actually useful.

M

Messer of Napa

*grabs his 'Save the Golem' picket sign and begins to chant*

"..BAB-BLE! ..BAB-BLE! ..BAB-BLE!"

*Garaba taps Messer on the shoulder and whispers something in his ear*

*restarts chant*

"..GOL-EMS! ..GOL-EMS! ..GOL-EMS!"

G

<blockquote><hr>

*applies glue*

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay glue!!

I think golems should only take 2 control slots! Better yet, I DEMAND that golems only take 2 control slots! hehe

I was creating a controller character pre-SE in the hopes that they would reduce the number of slots they require, but no. So I GM'd tinkering for the 7th time for no current reason - other than it's fun to GM!

G

*looks around and watches as a tumbleweed blows past...*

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wakes up from his nap and sits up after the tumbleweed bounces off his head...*

"Huh... What?..."

I

imported_Raven_Tashi'ne

*In haggerd raspy voice* My preciousss....Gollum! Gollum!
*coughs* Ahem! *clears throat* Erm..Golem! Golem!

(Sorry couldn't help it lol, Golem reminds me of Gollum from LotR
)

I

imported_Raven_Tashi'ne

*stumbles back and falls to the ground* Huh? *shakes head to clear the fog, gets up and brushes self off* Thanks I needed that, Whew! Dunno what the heck happened there *staggers off*

G

Yes it is... it is spreading like a sickness... Golem sickness... Precious, precious Golem sicknes...

*hobbles back to cave, holding something gold and shiny*

Precious...

G

Heck guys, I wouldn't mind it if they kept it to one golem under control as long as they let us use bugs with golems. Perhaps they should have control slots be decimaled. 2.6 slots for a Golem, 2.4 slots for a bug.

But if they want to do something with golems, here are a few suggestions.

1. Different Colored golems based on type of ingots used.
2. Chance of Crafting rare Neon colored Golems.
3. GM Crafted by title appearing like it does on GM crafted dragon barding
4. Some kind of Bonding Bracelet that requires Translocation Powder every time u recall with Golem.
5. Tinker Bods that give out Golem Upgrades

Anyone else have any fantastically great ideas that will eventually be completely ignored by OSI, the Dev team and nearly everyone else in the game?

G

<blockquote><hr>

1. Different Colored golems based on type of ingots used

[/ QUOTE ]
Been suggested numerous times as since we have to use 50 bronze ingots to make one, why is it silver/iron coloured? Each ore type should have its own unique characteristics - such as damage distribution/different resists etc.

<blockquote><hr>

Chance of Crafting rare Neon colored Golems

[/ QUOTE ]
Noooo!! Please God no!! There's enough neon in the game already (too much in fact
)

<blockquote><hr>

GM Crafted by title appearing like it does on GM crafted dragon barding

[/ QUOTE ]
Would be a nice addition, especially if people ever actually hunted with golems and didn't just use them for training weaponskills on

<blockquote><hr>

Some kind of Bonding Bracelet that requires Translocation Powder every time u recall with Golem

[/ QUOTE ]
Or the ability to have a golem actually bond! Then when they die you remove the power crystal from its corpse and use it to power up a new golem that has the same skills and stats as the last one (except with maybe 0.1 skill loss like with pets). A kind of rez-like function.

<blockquote><hr>

Tinker Bods that give out Golem Upgrades

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be reluctant to welcome yet another BOD system, but if it gives us runics as well and some nice tinker-specific items that are actually wanted, it might make tinkers more popular or sought after!

G

Garaba

Well anyway I was at the DC Town Hall. And they are saying some of the developers are looking at making improvements to golems. After the meeting was over I talked to them a little more. And asked if they could reduce the control slots on the golems some. I hope that the change sees light.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be a nice change. I don't make golems since my tinker is always sitting on a blue beetle.

B

beeblebrox42

*babbles uncontrollably* [cutelaugh]

I WANT TINKER BODS! I want Tinkering Powerscrolls! I want Legendary Tinkers!

G

TBH I would like to have a Legendary Tinker
would look as good as GM Chef on a paperdoll! (no sarcasm intended!)

Maybe with the new expansion........ maybe not......... maybe Golems will get ranged attacks........ hehehe

T

Tekkon

<blockquote><hr>

Well anyway I was at the DC Town Hall. And they are saying some of the developers are looking at making improvements to golems. After the meeting was over I talked to them a little more. And asked if they could reduce the control slots on the golems some. I hope that the change sees light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe keep number of control-slots nd make golems ... *looks around warily and lowers voice* .. rideable?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Or maybe keep number of control-slots nd make golems ... *looks around warily and lowers voice* .. rideable?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

Actually, a similar thing has been posted before except it was to allow tinkers to craft something like a mechanical horse that can be used in a similar way to a golem except it can be ridden.

It's not a bad idea IMO

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys want something a tinker can make and then ride?

I want a go cart! heh

*added*
It doesn't take up a control slot because you can't command it and it won't follow you when you are off of it. It takes oil flasks to refuel it. You need 60+ or 80+ tinker to ride it.

N

Newmoon

When did they take out the ability to make multiple gem jewelry? I used to make quite a living making 10k diamond jewelry.....

S

Sum Ting Wong

<blockquote><hr>

I want a go cart! heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Deffinately!

But I want a go cart big enough to fit a golum in too

Grid

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sad part is, I only GM'ed tinkering to help raise lockpicking on another character that was long ago deleted.

E

eolsunder1

I want tinkers to be able to make clockwork pets.

Golems are ok, but id like a larger variety of things, which require both tinkering and 1 other skill, thus you could have a clockwork panther which would require high tinkering and high stealth, or something similiar.

Clockwork mounts, clockwork pets, lots of things you can do.

S

Sum Ting Wong

Ooh clockwork pets, good idea! Maybe a giant clockwork spider thing that was mountable if you had high enough tinkering... that could be fun

D

derealcanuckeh

The Go cart is a great idea it would be something fun and then crafters could make money selling GO carts to adorn peoples driveway although most people would probably want custom wheels and such hehe

I

imported_kalzaketh

back pre aos, the golems used to be able to rule shame, wishes and longs for pre aos days, sorry my 2gp on the golems.

D

derealcanuckeh

hehe I also remember making jewls with more then 1 gem hehe I had 30k rings and such made for many people it was great

H

hiai

I'd be happy if we could just create earrings that actually DO something.Magic earrings... Can you imagine the furor if they made that earring slot USEFUL for something? Tinkers would be in pretty high demand for quite awhile,then.