• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The End of the Zoo Spawns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alright, so unfortunately I will not be holding anymore Zoo Spawns until this faction drama gets sorted out.

Two of my members were attacked by an SL, the first time I told them not to attack back and they didn't. The next time, after being chased by him, I told them to defend themselves. The member who was killed twice also rez killed him to make a point that what he did was terrible.

While trying to discuss what happened, a flood of SL show claiming I told them they aren't welcome at the spawn. Which is untrue, I only said that that one member would be for acting as he did.

They killed everyone and said it would continue to happen until we 'allowed' then to come. I never said they weren't welcome, I even told my guys to ignore red and orange and just do the spawn and help.

I would like to take this chance to point out that EVERYONE has ALWAYS been welcome to the COMMUNITY spawns. Regardless of any PERSONAL issues we may have with anyone. I may not like you or you may not like me, but this is for the SERVER, not for us... was my idea of the spawns.

But now, sadly, this event will no longer be taking place. I don't want to risk people dying and such over stupid drama that should not have been brought into this event in the first place.

Thank you to everyone who helped us do the spawns for the short time we were able to, and I'm sure the Zoo thanks you as well.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:( i really enjoyed the weekly champ killing action, gave me alot of excitement the day of, hehe.

Thanks for hosting so many wonderful hunts. :)

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Calina, I'm really sorry this happened. And I'm sorry I wasn't there tonite. Real life personal stuff came up that had to be dealt with.

I know how this feels and you have to realize, it's not the first time it's happened and it probably won't be the last. But you have got to keep in mind that you are doing something GOOD and LOTS of people have had a ton of fun with these. It's given some people a chance to do things they hadn't had a chance to do before. And, above everything else, that's worth it.

A lot of players HAVE put aside grievances and differences for these hunts. It's been a huge success and you should be proud of that. You did something good.

If you decide to keep it up, I'll make every effort in the world to come along. It's only insurance. I lose plenty playing in Tram! Heck, I'll pm you my phone number so you can call and remind me each week!

Step away, take a breath, and then decide. People know the risks. Let them decide if they want to continue. It IS a game after all and it IS for FUN. :)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry for overreacting, it was just a very upsetting and confusing time. Robin Hood, Hagrid and I talked while Magyar spoke with Tristan about what happened.

There are conflicting stories, but there are apologies from my men for even attacking at all, period.

I've never said that SL wasn't welcome, as shown by Robin Hood and Hagrid fighting side by side with us during the spawn.

I understand why some parties are upset, because I did make a not-so-nice joke at the expense of someone last week and they feel that I'm utterly trash-talking them. This is not the case, it was just a joke (I have plenty made about me everyday), but nevertheless I will say it wasn't nice of me to say regardless of the feeling behind it. They have my apologies.

However, I do not feel that personal grievances should have been brought to this, a public event.

I'll hold one next week, this time with some people to defend perhaps. But now the excuse of "We weren't welcome, so we're raiding." cannot be used, as I've stated here several times that indeed, everyone is welcome regardless of guild, faction or grudge.

And thank you, Anne, for those encouraging words.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Tell ya what. I will donate 5M to your Zoo thingy if you continue to do your Tuesday night hunts but be prepared to defend and fight in Fel.
Not saying there will always be a raid. Can't speak for anyone and say it will never be raided again. It is part of the game and we're hoping some folks might actually find PvP fun.
Perhaps some folks will learn how much fun it is to PVP and kill a red.
Does that float with everyone?

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's alright with me, Flutter, and there's no need for you to donate at all, although the gesture is appreciated. I just didn't want any personal grudges held or, if any were, for them to be brought out at a Zoo benefit.

I do understand the risk vs. reward aspect of Felucca and it is important to teach non-pvpers how to defend. In fact, when we started this I had spoken with Callie about possibly organizing some sort of defense training, but figured it wouldn't be needed since this wasn't a greed-based event, but for the Zoo, and no one would want to raid that with all the other spawns are to do.

I'm going to keep it going because of all the things that Anne stated. :) Thanks again, Anne :)

M

Marcus Blackwell

Ah was wondering what went on tonight while I was running to find a healer due to death by lag doing the spawn some of the peeps from CYM, and Mgka that went with me where spamming in party they where killed by someone. Hope this all is worked out cause would hate to see something that is for the community as a whole go by the wayside its been fun even with the lag most the time that I have..lol

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell ya what. I will donate 5M to your Zoo thingy if you continue to do your Tuesday night hunts but be prepared to defend and fight in Fel.
Not saying there will always be a raid. Can't speak for anyone and say it will never be raided again. It is part of the game and we're hoping some folks might actually find PvP fun.
This event isn't about pvp obviously. But I guess it wouldn't be expected for someone as yourself to realize it. Find fun in pvp? lol? Just wow.

You can bring yourself and your guild, and I will bring mine. Remember there isn't any houses or very many places to run and hide.

All was welcome to these Zoo spawns. Since you lurk on these boards during all hours of the day, I'm sure you've seen the past 10 or so posts about the spawn and the welcoming of all. But I guess it wasen't enough and that participants and organizers of this event should have went to extra measures to make you all feel more welcome.

So like I said, bring your guild and I will bring mine. Every week on tuesday at 8pm be prepared to be dead, in stat, and my guild standing over your corpses as usual anytime you try to do anything outside of yew at a time other than 4am. Enjoy the labeling of yourself and your guild.

PS: I'll be sure to bring about 13 superdragons. Bring plenty of smoke bombs and make sure your stealth is up to par.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very short note. Please don't forget that the actual spawn didn't contain any drama. It was only what followed.

And I always expect the possibility of PvP in Felucca. It was just an ugly "atmosphere" was all. That does not mean that I have to fight back though.

Yeah, PvP can be fun. But I don't like it when it upsets people in real life. So, often, I stay out of it.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very short note. Please don't forget that the actual spawn didn't contain any drama. It was only what followed.

And I always expect the possibility of PvP in Felucca. It was just an ugly "atmosphere" was all. That does not mean that I have to fight back though.

Yeah, PvP can be fun. But I don't like it when it upsets people in real life. So, often, I stay out of it.
There's a difference here. My guild does spawns every day, all day if they want. There's more than enough pvp action for the SL faction to participate in. I guess they just wanted an easy victory after we smashed them earlier. I guess I can't blame them for not wanting to win for once.

L

Lady Tamar Tephi

Tell ya what , no wants YOUR gold ! Of course everyone should be prepared to defend themselves in Fel , but any pvp guild with a ounce of fairness or integrity wouldnt drop as low as to raid an spawn run by pvm'ers who rarely if ever step foot in Fel and to boot are doing this for non-profit for something that contributes to this shard.
I guess tho it is understandable seeing that u guys cant raid anything else in Fel . And that u never fight unless your on a stealth archer or have a team of hooligans following you around to protect you .
It is totally pathetic that you would have decided to do this over something that Calina may have said amongst friends ? And this made you feel unwelcome , oh boo hoo poor thang has her feelings hurt yet again and has to take it out on innocent bystanders , how petty an childish !!!
Im sure plenty has been said about me by many ppl , but I have attended these events an was not attacked in any manor , And I attempted to help as much as I could as well .
From now on I and my guild will to the best of our abilites protect participants from low life scum ruining this fun loving an unselfish event .
Oh an your a :loser:

C

CatLord

Kindergarten revisited... some stuff never changes.

Calina is doing her best to expose felluca to anyone willing to have fun and quietly enjoy the evening...

Sure there is threat versus reward... that was something Raul taught me long ago.

There are also strong leaderships... that know that the future of Felluca depends on having new players... not only to spawn but to spar... and of course, to gank.

Not all leaders are strong enough to prevent their members from flying solo... being greedy... or just obnoxious. Numbers can hammer their egos real fast... unless they have the numbers... and then you have a locked down shard.

Politics... and Catskills.

"He said, she said..."

Will be fun when the shard reaches the maturity of the 8th Grade... then we'll fight for the lunch boxes and a spot on the cheerleeding squad... besides the obvious war to be a member of the chess club.

M

Mikeee

I was going to reply to this with a big long story but figured I would just mention from my view that the faction guys were all playing nice during the spawn. Only Exile [SL] was causing drama. Hagrid and Robin hood were there simply to spawn. Then NME showed up.

Looked like they killed a bunch of blues then came to kill the OJs. Not sure if this happened but it looked like thats what they did.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Love how you guys are giving me credit for single handedly... oh nevermind. Such power you think I have! lol...

Anyhow if ya wants the gold it's here Calina knows how to get in touch with me.

Risk vs Reward folks that's all. If folks are gonna come onto this side of the fence there has to be some sort of risk or what's the point? Might as well just do peerless for items to sell for the zoo.
The whole "we werent invited" thing was actually a joke.

Bring your guild Nystul. The only time they leave the house is if you or Nikki are on anyway. (ok sometimes they get brave if Rathma is on his tamer) Don't pretend to be all for the bluebies though, you guys gank any new player that enters the yew gate checking on action on this shard, even the ones on newbie characters.

If it's really about the Zoo I've offered gold. If it's really about bringing people to Fel then teach them to stand and fight and defend or they're never going to stay. I'll even help out if anyone needs help with suits and whatnot.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, I went to bed and the boards blew up on me.

*Checks Nystul and Tamar for Blackrock*

Nope, nothing. Must've used it just now. :D

Anyway, Flutter if you're making a genuine donation then yes, I'll be more than happy to accept. In fact, you can donate it yourself at the Felucca Zoo, as it's tier is only at Two, from what I've been told. I took your response to my post as a sarcastic remark, and if you say it wasn't then I'll believe you, as a written word's meaning can be misconstrued without a facial expression or tone to be seen or heard behind it.

I understand RvR, but for a charity event? When there was, by Tristan's testimony to my husband, tons of COM at Yew Gate to fight at the same time as the event? This event isn't about teaching people to fight or defend, as I had thought of doing simultaneously, its strictly about the Zoo. Also, according to Tristan, you told your group "Wanna raid a bunch of Trammies?" without mention of "Hey this is a server event."

Knowing that, will your guild still be raiding? If so, fine, but post it here so that people know what they're coming into in trying to just have a community event. They don't deserve to die because they trusted that people were going to be civilized.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wow, I went to bed and the boards blew up on me.

*Checks Nystul and Tamar for Blackrock*

Nope, nothing. Must've used it just now. :D

Anyway, Flutter if you're making a genuine donation then yes, I'll be more than happy to accept. In fact, you can donate it yourself at the Felucca Zoo, as it's tier is only at Two, from what I've been told. I took your response to my post as a sarcastic remark, and if you say it wasn't then I'll believe you, as a written word's meaning can be misconstrued without a facial expression or tone to be seen or heard behind it.

I understand RvR, but for a charity event? When there was, by Tristan's testimony to my husband, tons of COM at Yew Gate to fight at the same time as the event? This event isn't about teaching people to fight or defend, as I had thought of doing simultaneously, its strictly about the Zoo. Also, according to Tristan, you told your group "Wanna raid a bunch of Trammies?" without mention of "Hey this is a server event."

Knowing that, will your guild still be raiding? If so, fine, but post it here so that people know what they're coming into in trying to just have a community event. They don't deserve to die because they trusted that people were going to be civilized.
Yes it was sincere. I could donate it myself but then so could everyone else. I thought you were running something special with a raffle or something for the participants (not trying to get into the raffle just trying to make the prize bigger). Perhaps I am confused. It wouldnt be the first time.

As for raiding I really can't speak for my guild I'm not even emmisary lol. But we do fight everyone equally. (Contrary to what others may believe)

No one (on our side) considered it a charity event since it's just for the UO zoo not like the cancer thing.

As for what Tristan said I am pretty sure it was taken out of context although it really doesn't matter. We really thought leet was going to come out of Yew and we'd get a real fight going. We were under the impression they were the hosts and was helping defend while the blues fought the monsters. Notice after we came in there was a group of blues standing around outside that we didn't attack. We realized leet/over wasn't going to come help you guys so we left.

Added to the fact that we didn't go until after the spawn was done once I am really at awe that there's such a big deal being made.

Regardless of anything I say here certain parties will be jaded to believe I am lying anyway so it's really pointless for me to post. Someone asked wtf was going on with the public harrower leet was supposed to be hosting. I told them how you're collecting skulls on Tuesdays and it wasn't yesterday that I mentioned it it was two weeks ago. (give or take)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Love how you guys are giving me credit for single handedly... oh nevermind. Such power you think I have! lol...
Don't flatter yourself. We're not speaking of your ability to devour bulk amounts of pizza.
You obviously are the only one in your guild who lurks and reads on stratics, where else would the geniuses in your guild get such an idea? Not to mention the wonderful trash talking you flung last night... lol.
I am the responsible party for reminding them that yesterday was the day though. There's only so much of 20 leet/over hovering outside their house in a big pile that we can stand.

Bring your guild Nystul. The only time they leave the house is if you or Nikki are on anyway. (ok sometimes they get brave if Rathma is on his tamer) Don't pretend to be all for the bluebies though, you guys gank any new player that enters the yew gate checking on action on this shard, even the ones on newbie characters.
I guess you wern't intelligent enough to comprehend my post about us doing things in Felucca all day long? You can find my guild out in felucca doing something ALL day long. It's not my fault you all don't want to nor can do anything other than house fightning in yew. Seriously get yourself a faction stronghold rune (Incase you get in a pvp situation) and go searching around. And seriously, ganking new players in Yew? You're obviously new to the pvp scene if you are going to say that... lol. It's okay you shall learn over time grandma.
This is a lie. There are days and days and days when we run around trying to find you guys. We check every spawn every peerless and every location in Fel we can think of. Sometimes we find one person afk farming silver. The rest of the time... please.

G

GirlPower

As for what Tristan said I am pretty sure it was taken out of context although it really doesn't matter. We really thought leet was going to come out of Yew and we'd get a real fight going. We were under the impression they were the hosts and was helping defend while the blues fought the monsters. Notice after we came in there was a group of blues standing around outside that we didn't attack. We realized leet/over wasn't going to come help you guys so we left.
Obviously we didn't know or your "guild" wouldn't have killed anyone. Even with that going on Calina tried to hold it together and didn't icq that you guys were trying to shoot fish in a barrel. At least now we know its an issue.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am the responsible party for reminding them that yesterday was the day though. There's only so much of 20 leet/over hovering outside their house in a big pile that we can stand.
First off. You fail at quoting.
Secondly... lol? 20 of us?! Wow I don't think we've EVER had that many players. Don't even try to talk about house fightning. I stand there half of the time waiting for one of you to flag on me just because I get tired of you all running back and forth into the house. You should know a lot about that. You always stand in there on your archer shooting at people. Sometimes you get angry when Tamar & I are there and come out and die though.

This is a lie. There are days when we run around trying to find you guys. We check every spawn every peerless and every location in Fel we can think of. Sometimes we find one person afk farming silver. The rest of the time... please.
It's not my problem your guilds prime time is usually 4am.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, next week we'll be handing over our second set of skulls to |33t for a Public Harrower. They were supposed to hold the first one on the day for the wedding, but the date got moved, so so did the Harrower. I assume that we'll be holding two Harrowers that day now.

R

Rathma

Yes it was sincere. I could donate it myself but then so could everyone else. I thought you were running something special with a raffle or something for the participants (not trying to get into the raffle just trying to make the prize bigger). Perhaps I am confused. It wouldnt be the first time.

As for raiding I really can't speak for my guild I'm not even emmisary lol. But we do fight everyone equally. (Contrary to what others may believe)

No one (on our side) considered it a charity event since it's just for the UO zoo not like the cancer thing.

Added to the fact that we didn't go until after the spawn was done once I am really at awe that there's such a big deal being made.

Regardless of anything I say here certain parties will be jaded to believe I am lying anyway so it's really pointless for me to post. Someone asked wtf was going on with the public harrower leet was supposed to be hosting. I told them how you're collecting skulls on Tuesdays and it wasn't yesterday that I mentioned it it was two weeks ago. (give or take)
Ok for one, you make it seem like we never leave yew and fight. We chain despise daily waiting for fights even if its just 1-2 of us down there. Second, when time comes and you all are in a dungeon, no more houses for you. Third, how was that blighted grove fight? :]

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok for one, you make it seem like we never leave yew and fight. We chain despise daily waiting for fights even if its just 1-2 of us down there. Second, when time comes and you all are in a dungeon, no more houses for you. Third, how was that blighted grove fight? :]
Or those server up spawns they do when its 1(me)v8 of them and yet they all still manage to die multiple times.

Or the 3am harrower they couldn't complete that we had to finish for them.

M

Mirage

Alright, so unfortunately I will not be holding anymore Zoo Spawns until this faction drama gets sorted out.

But now, sadly, this event will no longer be taking place. I don't want to risk people dying and such over stupid drama that should not have been brought into this event in the first place.
Relax. PEOPLE are not dying. Characters are!! *sighs*

Mir

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Or the 3am harrower they couldn't complete that we had to finish for them.
Ummm we threw the harrower to get you guys back into Fel instead of killling monsters in tram graveyards.

All of this is totally OT anyway and wont continue to go back and forth with you guys about it. As usual I am outnumbered.

And Nystul you're seriously dreaming if you think I am mad about anything. I don't know where you get the impression I am angry.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Relax. PEOPLE are not dying. Characters are!! *sighs*

Mir
I'm not trying to make it sound serious like real life people are dying. I just meant that people get upset when they think that they're doing something good for the server and they're safe and they get killed. I know I'd get flustered, and I just don't want people giving up.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm we threw the harrower to get you guys back into Fel instead of killling monsters in tram graveyards.

All of this is totally OT anyway and wont continue to go back and forth with you guys about it. As usual I am outnumbered.

And Nystul you're seriously dreaming if you think I am mad about anything. I don't know where you get the impression I am angry.
lol @ the graveyard thing... You poped a 3am harry for that? Get serious. Noone pops a harrower at 3am for pvp.

Well when you say some of the things you do ingame to her, it would be an obvious assumption you are angry.

D

DPudding

While no one was looking.....I snuck back into the game. So...if you see Mr. Pudding running around....say hello.

I walked away. Essentially gave my account to a buddy.....with the idea I was done and never coming back. My friend called me last week and said, "Man...some good stuff is going on....the shard hunts together....cool invasions....a new expansion is on the horizon....why don't you come back and hunt with me?" I guess I had forgotten that most of UO is made up of people who have invested themselves SO deeply into their characters....that they can't separate a game from reality. But I said yes. One week...ONE WEEK...and the old BS is back.

So...if something that's good for the shard is being ruined because of some perceived slight...I suggest that the party (or parties) get the hell over it....grow up....switch shards....or just go outside and meet some real people.

If that's not possible....then maybe what this shard needs is all out war? Utter destruction....a massive alliance who's presence alone is a deterrent to any Fel interlopers.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lol @ the graveyard thing... You poped a 3am harry for that? Get serious. Noone pops a harrower at 3am for pvp.

Well when you say some of the things you do ingame to her, it would be an obvious assumption you are angry.
It wasn't 3am when we popped it, the fight just lasted until server. But believe what you want, you always do.

As for what people say to other people in game... umm... wow I don't even know what to say to that.
I assure you I am not mad/angry/upset or crying. (that was the latest thing I heard) But let's leave all that out of the Stratics Catskills forum eh? I'm pretty sure no one cares either way.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So...if something that's good for the shard is being ruined because of some perceived slight...I suggest that the party (or parties) get the hell over it....grow up....switch shards....or just go outside and meet some real people.
That's what I'm sayin'.

Let's all just move on and prepare for next week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.