• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The E.C has really upset me

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've recently converted to playing with the E.C in fel on the field as a mage, in the past i have tried the E.C in the past but it was a little too buggy with many missing features and thought now it has a few more features i'll give it another crack.

The reason why i'm upset is because it's so good in some ways, but so bad in other ways, and the reasons for it to be poor are all affecting mages (which is what i play)

I found in straight lines i was able to overtake people running, nice targeting system with the lucitus interface. HOWEVER, there is a huge problem with casting recovery, i've found i'm unable to cast a spell immediately after another, if i'm too quick the spell would just not cast with no warning message. And this happens for 1 in 3 of the spells. I've tried to adjust my casting timing however the affect just gives an extremely slow casting time. It feels like when i'm rolling the mouse wheel up for last target, this action is taking time and requires me to wait before performing another action?

Also, if i have a spell precasted, i find myself unable to disarm my shield or arm it (however no problems changing weapon)

Another small but easy to fix problem is that every player's spellcasting colour is the same, in the 2d client you can differentiate easily betwixt your own spells and an opponents.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've recently converted to playing with the E.C in fel on the field as a mage, in the past i have tried the E.C in the past but it was a little too buggy with many missing features and thought now it has a few more features i'll give it another crack.

The reason why i'm upset is because it's so good in some ways, but so bad in other ways, and the reasons for it to be poor are all affecting mages (which is what i play)

I found in straight lines i was able to overtake people running, nice targeting system with the lucitus interface. HOWEVER, there is a huge problem with casting recovery, i've found i'm unable to cast a spell immediately after another, if i'm too quick the spell would just not cast with no warning message. And this happens for 1 in 3 of the spells. I've tried to adjust my casting timing however the affect just gives an extremely slow casting time. It feels like when i'm rolling the mouse wheel up for last target, this action is taking time and requires me to wait before performing another action?

Also, if i have a spell precasted, i find myself unable to disarm my shield or arm it (however no problems changing weapon)

Another small but easy to fix problem is that every player's spellcasting colour is the same, in the 2d client you can differentiate easily betwixt your own spells and an opponents.
Merv your correct. Try a dule with a mate while your on the EC and him on the 2D Client, now try and do a harm spam to fizle his spells. Then let him do the same to you. Bet you see a difrence in speed of recovery.

But the both clients have their advantages and disadvantages, you just have to learn to adapt to them. Just dont do dules on the EC, keep it for field fights

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this may be an artifact of the enforced wait they added to macros to 'fix' the G. Explosion machine gunning that the EC could do. Instead of doing it the right way and adding a delay to the potion, they took the easy way and added it to the client.

This laziness is most apparent when you make a macro to throw a cream pie. The EC used to be able to machine gun them to hilarious effect. Since the change for the G.E. potions, you throw them MUCH slower. (I seriously doubt they intentionally slowed down pie throwing...)