• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) the drunk skara governor talks.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*writes to the king*
*spits, and gets another beer*

dear King,
been a while since our last drunk night. I hope you been home safe.
I heard things about, people joining against me, i heard things about the fact i'm leaving...
well, no.

I think, in a life, you have to make choices. Here we go then.
I was planning to leave, then i met someone, oh wanda, she's awesome, who told me few things :
*scratches few lines*
it seems the kingdom needs help, a hand, and few millions. I can do that.

I just need you to understand, my undies factory is taking me much time, so i can't be here anytime.

But you can be assured that i will, again, run an as a governor for Skara, cause, after all, we need balls.

Best regards,
alaster

PS : for the people against me, keep in mind : they smell.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*attaches a note*

I am very disappointed you have decided to run for office again, you even admitted to not being entirely there for Skara Brae and you have showed up at none of the meetings or have done anything to help those who are actually living in Skara Brae! I have been hard at work in Spiritwood most days while you get drunk as you sit on your high horse! I am disappointed in Wanda as well as she knows me and knows that I am what Skara Brae really needs! I hope the people of Skara Brae realize that a true Skaran is running who also happens to be a ranger and has served Skara Brae! I have poured sweat and blood into its current foundation which sits right across the river of Skara Brae.. I cannot be there for a governor who is never there for Skara Brae, not once has he helped the rangers in anyway or its citizens, not once has he stopped by Maplehurst or join in for our daily activities and not once has he showed up for a meeting with the king!! I for one, plan to show up at all the meetings anyways and the next time he does not show I will request he be removed from office, assuming he can win in the election!

- Palin Whiteblade, Senior Captain
Lord Protector of Skara Brae

Frodo The Great

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sorry to say but wanda has done nothing wrong, she hasnt posted and also hasnt said anything... Im sorry to say but just because your not winning on the Votes doesnt mean that you have to start moaning at other people, i applied for Brit back before and didnt win and i havnt moaned at anyone, Im sorry but your Post to me is Rude! If people want to vote they can vote! doesnt matter who it is! im sorry but both the people you have mentioned in this post i am very close to and im very upset with what you have put!. I have never write a post like this before but after reading what you have said about alaster and wanda i am not happy! For one ill be voting for alaster as i do every time!

Last edited:

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't worry, he's lost in his babblings, but he forgets one thing.
Who is everyday in luna ready to help young players ? Who is putting the money in the city stone for having a quite so everyday trade deal ?
Who is two times per week in skara, announcing it on global chat, for talking with skara citizens ?
Surely not him, he's to busy beeing stranded in a wooden caban in spiritwood, trying to run a bar which runs on credit !

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im sorry to say but wanda has done nothing wrong, she hasnt posted and also hasnt said anything... Im sorry to say but just because your not winning on the Votes doesnt mean that you have to start moaning at other people, i applied for Brit back before and didnt win and i havnt moaned at anyone, Im sorry but your Post to me is Rude! If people want to vote they can vote! doesnt matter who it is! im sorry but both the people you have mentioned in this post i am very close to and im very upset with what you have put!. I have never write a post like this before but after reading what you have said about alaster and wanda i am not happy! For one ill be voting for alaster as i do every time!
you're sorry a lot aren't you Jamie? :D

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyway !
for my Skara governor program, it's really simple !
no nifty physical changes to our town, apart few amenagement to our bank. I pushed that few weeks ago, but due to vesperian slaves stopping their work, we had to delay.
I promise to be here at least once a day, when night comes !
for helping new people in our lands, and to be listening to anything our citizens would need. It will be mostly around Luna, and other places (depends on the calls).
I promise to continue to do my two per weeks meeting in Skara, ready to listen again, this time only for citizens.
I'll use the boards as i always did, on a daily basis, to gather your concerns and tell our King if it's needed (and also settle what deal you would like me to do so can get benefit)
I'll be a real Skara Braean, at least once a day in the city, and not hiding in wood or stone houses far from the land !
I'll be also agreeing for a game of chess once a day at the counselor's hall.
And every citizen on Skara will receive a free pair of pants in sign of my duty !

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Jamie - Palin's post is written IN Character as the guy is a role-player. It isnt a personal attack on Alaster as a person its an in character attack on the UO avatar Alaster who is clearly a drunken baffoon. [But a very nice one!]

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
exactly callum..sometimes it seems like a personal attack but Jamie u have to remember this stuff is Role Play, Alaster...the real alaster is one of the nicest people you could ever meet and while he might be drunk much of the time (even in rl) I would find it extremely hard to believe he'd ever personally attack someone out of RP character..its not who he is :)

Cheers,
Aragorn

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. Got to agree. Nothing Palin said had any hint of being OOC. It's an IC reply, to an IC topic.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean he isn't a real Skara Brae ranger? *shakes head in a sad, resigned fashion* You just can't trust politicians these days, they will say anything !

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean he isn't a real Skara Brae ranger? *shakes head in a sad, resigned fashion* You just can't trust politicians these days, they will say anything !
I most certainly am a Skara Brae Ranger!! FOR I HAVE PROOF!!

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my! I must take it all back! A true ranger, through and through! A man of his word is worth many times his weight in gems. Now, we just need proof that Alaster is insane (although I have been online early in the mornings when he has made QUITE the entrance into the chat channels! :) )

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, indeed, i'll never attack someone "really". OOC, i'm just a drunk guy, but even with that fact, i'm a cuddly bear hating hate.
I don't go around in cute outfits, shooting arrows stupidly.
I'm just here, everyday, to help as i can, to be present as much as i can.

Palin, and Anna Goodward, are just people wanting to hoard this system for their own benefits. Me, i prefer to see it as a way to serve to more people i can.
Palin and Anna want their governor places to fit their needs, while i want that place to fit people needs.

I could have did like Palin, callin votes from other shards etc. I could.

I prefered to rely on the fact, between Palin and me, i think i've been more present not to my people as he did, but to the whole community.

don't vote for a system hoarder for his needs.

If i ever loose, it's no big deal really. I'll continue to help young people, i'll continue to be everyday on general chat saying stupid thing but ready to help.

How could someone trust a guy who is avoiding general channel ? Is it too real for him ? He prefers to stay in his cute dream where everyone is acting as he wants ?

No, i'm real, i'm here, i'm with you all everyday. Drunk or not. Palin is nowhere, he'll stay in his nifty rp village, and will not care outside it.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, indeed, i'll never attack someone "really". OOC, i'm just a drunk guy, but even with that fact, i'm a cuddly bear hating hate.
I don't go around in cute outfits, shooting arrows stupidly.
I'm just here, everyday, to help as i can, to be present as much as i can.
As governor of Skara Brae your duty should be towards Skara Brae.. You've only visited my tavern ONCE as governor and daily I am hosting events within Skara Brae and planning festivals, which you do not even plan with me when you should.. You should be helping out the other's in Skara Brae such as myself to run events around Skara Brae..

Palin, and Anna Goodward, are just people wanting to hoard this system for their own benefits. Me, i prefer to see it as a way to serve to more people i can.
Palin and Anna want their governor places to fit their needs, while i want that place to fit people needs.
First, you do not need to bring the Governor of Vesper up, cause for one she is the only candidate in Vesper, you act as if she has competition..

I could have did like Palin, callin votes from other shards etc. I could.
Show me proof.. ;)

I prefered to rely on the fact, between Palin and me, i think i've been more present not to my people as he did, but to the whole community.
I am present in Skara Brae almost 100% of the time.. And I am not using it to hoard, I am using it to bring ideas up before the king at the governor meetings (which you are never at) so we may make the proper changes that are needed and so I can better plan events with our EM for Skara Brae..

don't vote for a system hoarder for his needs.
One of our principles as rangers is Simplicity and Self-Reliance which teaches us not to hoard..

If i ever loose, it's no big deal really. I'll continue to help young people, i'll continue to be everyday on general chat saying stupid thing but ready to help.
And you should continue to help people..

How could someone trust a guy who is avoiding general channel ? Is it too real for him ? He prefers to stay in his cute dream where everyone is acting as he wants ?
What's general channel?

No, i'm real, i'm here, i'm with you all everyday. Drunk or not. Palin is nowhere, he'll stay in his nifty rp village, and will not care outside it.
It is a indeed one looking nifty village, Skara Brae is!

Anna Goodward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
...Palin, and Anna Goodward, are just people wanting to hoard this system for their own benefits. Me, i prefer to see it as a way to serve to more people i can.
Palin and Anna want their governor places to fit their needs, while i want that place to fit people needs...
[OOC]Come again? You know that it is not like this Etienne! You can say and do whatever you want in character and I would play along with it, but I am not going to tolerate you spreading lies about me OOC wise.[/OOC]

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As governor of Skara Brae your duty should be towards Skara Brae.. You've only visited my tavern ONCE as governor and daily I am hosting events within Skara Brae and planning festivals, which you do not even plan with me when you should.. You should be helping out the other's in Skara Brae such as myself to run events around Skara Brae..
cool, you should have started by telling me about it, no ? I can't attend something i'm not aware of.

First, you do not need to bring the Governor of Vesper up, cause for one she is the only candidate in Vesper, you act as if she has competition..
i don't talk about competition, i talk about a point of view on this system. And she made it clear when you first ran for governor.

Show me proof.. ;)
if you want to play stupid, i can too. But you're going to lose quickly.

I am present in Skara Brae almost 100% of the time.. And I am not using it to hoard, I am using it to bring ideas up before the king at the governor meetings (which you are never at) so we may make the proper changes that are needed and so I can better plan events with our EM for Skara Brae..
a rp village where no one comes apart you and your pals, i don't call that Skara. You should try hanging at the bank sometimes, you may see me beeing here for skara braeans

One of our principles as rangers is Simplicity and Self-Reliance which teaches us not to hoard..
again, if you want to play stupid, you're going to lose with me.

And you should continue to help people..
and i'll do. As i always did.

What's general channel?
oh, simple, it's that place where the 98% people of the shard you never meet are.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on guys no need to fall out over this. Differences of opinion is all. Lets have some peace and love. Call me a hippie - =)