• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure which skills you need to raise, but I've always raised swords and tactics to legendary on trogs in painted caves with whirlwind on soul seeker, because it's easy to get a lot of hits fast and they have pretty high fame. Also raises bushido with confidence at the same time.

Herp!

Journeyman
UOGuide - Melee Training Guide

It's a bit wonky, I'd argue that Trogs are best from ~90 through 120 for tact, anat, and weapon skills. But that's a pretty simple guide.
Parry, get a bunch of bandaids and stone off a skill for healing, or just close wounds regularly while standing on a door step of a house(so you can escape to the inside if need be) and have a few trolls/ogres/ettins from the wilds just hitting you while you wear a shield(still works with bush even though you get the parry reduction) I use Valor set & an AEgis from Doom to do this for the self repair.
Chiv is awful to get to 120, beyond 115 you MUST get a gain via GGS or scrolls of transcendence.
Bushido... get a horse, unguild, go to trammel, whack the horse with lightning strike endlessly for 50-120 in about 6-8 hours.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
At around 90 you might fight Raptors using WW.
Mad elems at Shame level 2 entrance might get you to 120. (Don't forget to loot Crystals of Shame)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can raise parry ridiculously fast by getting a two handed weapon of a skill you don't have (ie. you use swords, so get a two handed fencing or macing weapon), some decent physical resist trash armour with HPR and get 9 skeletons and zombies at you at old haven.
You will get parry to 120 in no time.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
All of you have helped me greatly!!!! I'm just about to do all the things you have suggested. I used to fight trogs all the time. Corwin, I am assuming that WW means whirlwind. My grandson (age 14) never reads directions or asks for help. He's a natural at computer games. Unlike me who has to research everything.... I love everything about UO, with the exception of the hateful early teens to seem to be filled with hatred and put downs for their fellow pvpers. I hope they develop a love for humanity. Its the only way to live. By the way Bealank, I love your description of yourself at the bottom of your posts, your logic is exquisite!?!

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just bought a swamp dragon at New Magincia for my dragoon character, though I am still training her skills up. My crafter made shadow swamp dragon armor (exceptional). My question now is, do I have to train the swamp dragon or just keep it as is. I have a tamer (made using a mythic token) but she has only tamed one thing, a blue cu who has not been trained either. The game has too many things to do and too little time, as do I in real life. The tamer has 120 using jewelry but I don't really want to train the swampie (who I named Swami) because it takes too long. I am old enough to be everybody's mother....really. Don't tell though.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You dont have to train the swampy. Make sure its bonded before you use it. Also, regular iron ingots provides the same amount of dmg reduction as colored ingots. Only thing that really matters is the exceptional part.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You dont have to train the swampy. Make sure its bonded before you use it. Also, regular iron ingots provides the same amount of dmg reduction as colored ingots. Only thing that really matters is the exceptional part.
Not having to train Swami is the best thing I've learned today. He's in the animal place waiting for bondishment. I fed him some ribs first. Thanks Chester!!!!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Exceptional Shadow Iron barding has 17K durability, so it lasts you a bit longer, but yeah, iron and golden will provide the same amount of damage reduction. It will just last a bit less, but both are much easier secured than shadow iron.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tip- Shadow Iron 25 ore can be obtained by killing Orc Brutes. I would recommend the Orc Dungeon SW of the Orc fort by Yew. I think in one of those room one or two spawn at a time

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Tip- Shadow Iron 25 ore can be obtained by killing Orc Brutes. I would recommend the Orc Dungeon SW of the Orc fort by Yew. I think in one of those room one or two spawn at a time
You can also get it at the Yomotsu Mines, but there isn't a handy forge near by and the Yomotsu Priests and Elders can get a bit unnerving to clear out while farming Shadow Iron Elementals there.
Specially when your fire beetle decides it needs to suicide against a Yomotsu Elder...

While Golden Elementals have a very handy forge nearby, at most you will have to kill a lich every half an hour or so and you have a very minimal chance of getting a minax artie drop.
Much better.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just bought a swamp dragon at New Magincia for my dragoon character, though I am still training her skills up. My crafter made shadow swamp dragon armor (exceptional). My question now is, do I have to train the swamp dragon or just keep it as is. I have a tamer (made using a mythic token) but she has only tamed one thing, a blue cu who has not been trained either. The game has too many things to do and too little time, as do I in real life. The tamer has 120 using jewelry but I don't really want to train the swampie (who I named Swami) because it takes too long. I am old enough to be everybody's mother....really. Don't tell though.
Make sure that you have an ethy in your backpack even when riding a swampy. You'll be happy you have it.