• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Disco Tamers new suit

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
for years ive been playing Disco Tamers.
i love the template so much ive made one on every shard..... in the entire game.

love my Disco Tamers!

but they do have one down side and that is no meditation.
running the pure template;
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Veterinary
120 Magic

now of course a fella could short change himself in some skills and get some paltry meditation or focus but im a purest and i like real skill so for me that was never a option.

so yesterday at work i was mulling over the problem.
lets put this into prospective....
for years ive been playing this and its not a problem but i need to keep track of my spells so i dont get tapped.
recall, invis, couple heals no worry.

but if your at a boss that has area effect so you have to heal with spells.... problem.

so i looked at my suit and i noticed something.
im running a mage suit on all my tamers.
100 LRC
40 LMC
6-8-10 MR
medable leather suit.

question is why am i running a medable suit?
i could make the suit with bone or studded and take the LMC up to 55!

so i went about making a new suit.
criteria is 40 LMC non med suit out of studded with a bone helm so i can then get the buff of +15 more LMC to the cap and then jam as much MR onto the suit as i can along with other perks, DCI, some eaters, ect ect ect.

so last night i got to work and i must say i am uber happy with the new suit!
went and did a Turtle last night right after i finished the suit and wow!
dropping a Great Heal on my dragon took all of 5 mana and i got that back in seconds!

i was running around invising myself and healing the pet and running barding mastery spells and it all worked good!

so im not sure if anyone was like me and stuck back in the old days but if you have a peace tamer or a disco tamer and are like me and mana tapped have a look at making a non-med suit to get the added bonus of the 55 LMC and jam as much MR onto the suit as you can, it works!

in the end my suit ended up being;
100 LRC
55 LMC
26 MR
and a bunch of added mana increase and HP increase and other perks (too much to list)

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Disco tamers are way too much fun.
I went out of my way to make a 3x120 bard (music/disco/peace)/tamer that can keep up the peace masteries running for 27 DCI, 27% less damage, 19 HPR, 19 MR, 19 stam regen for my pets and I am having a blast with her.
The peace masteries combined with disco increase the lasting power of my pets ten fold.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Disco tamers are way too much fun.
I went out of my way to make a 3x120 bard (music/disco/peace)/tamer that can keep up the peace masteries running for 27 DCI, 27% less damage, 19 HPR, 19 MR, 19 stam regen for my pets and I am having a blast with her.
The peace masteries combined with disco increase the lasting power of my pets ten fold.
Taming Mastery with 120 Taming/120 Lore is even stronger than Peace Masteries for keeping a pet alive.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Been debating this as my next template.

@Poo

Are you getting enough mana regen without any med and somewhat low MR? I feel like I would end up running out if I was running the mastery song and casting any spells.

Are you mainly healing with bandies?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i do try to mainly heal with bandaids.
but i typically start a bandaid heal and fire off a G-heal at the same time to they both land.

we have been doing the new Shadow-guard encounter a LOT of late and i have not been running out of mana at all.
and turtle spawns.

most nights here we go do a turtle then a shadow-guard back to back and im not running out of mana.

granted i dont run my disco mastery on anything other then the champ at the turtle and even then i usually wait until i see the WOD guys cranking up the WOD's.

but for normal game play this suit is saving my bacon.
i find that i dont need to be constantly worried about where my mana is anymore as i did before i made this suit.
even when i die (yes it happens!) and i slap the suit on before i would have to sit back for a minute to get even a little mana before i would jump back in, but now i can pretty much go straight in and the MR on the suit will get me topped up real fast like.

really though, for what it costs to make a studded leather suit with 7LMC and 2MR per piece im seriously considering doing this to all my disco tamers. the 55LMC and 20+MR makes the template a lot easier to play.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i do try to mainly heal with bandaids.
but i typically start a bandaid heal and fire off a G-heal at the same time to they both land.

we have been doing the new Shadow-guard encounter a LOT of late and i have not been running out of mana at all.
and turtle spawns.

most nights here we go do a turtle then a shadow-guard back to back and im not running out of mana.

granted i dont run my disco mastery on anything other then the champ at the turtle and even then i usually wait until i see the WOD guys cranking up the WOD's.

but for normal game play this suit is saving my bacon.
i find that i dont need to be constantly worried about where my mana is anymore as i did before i made this suit.
even when i die (yes it happens!) and i slap the suit on before i would have to sit back for a minute to get even a little mana before i would jump back in, but now i can pretty much go straight in and the MR on the suit will get me topped up real fast like.

really though, for what it costs to make a studded leather suit with 7LMC and 2MR per piece im seriously considering doing this to all my disco tamers. the 55LMC and 20+MR makes the template a lot easier to play.
Are you using taming mastery at all, or mainly just disco?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i used the taming mastery when i was training my turtle, i havnt used the other spell yet, so no i dont use it.
i run the disco mastery.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Poo
I really like this idea. And like you, I like to run pure.
I do have a couple of questions. Is there a reason, other then maybe looks that you went with a bone helmet?
Might I ask if you could post a breakdown on your suit? Maybe, just the jewelry, shield and what else you are using for additional MR?
Again, I like the idea of using studded for the LMC but I'm not sure I get afford to get MR as high as you did.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well for the MR i was lucky in that i have a bunch of those raised flower beds and i keep on them for the orange petals so i generally get at least 1 seed of renewal a cycle from each bed, usually more.
so i had a shwack of seeds in stock so i was able to put 2MR on each piece and didnt dent my supply much.

i went with the bone helm purely for aesthetics.
the only studded leather head gear would have been the samurai leather helm i think..... but i knew bone helm would give me the 3% buff and i personally have a fetish for bone armor so i just went with the bone helm.
plus i think it looks hella cool with that funky red dye they gave us a couple years ago.

for the jewelry since im running a pure template i could use it strictly for LRC/LMC/MR and casting.
currently im running a Orny with a 1/3 ring that has some LRC on it.
but i did pick up a ring on ATL im sending back over that has 1/3 with some MR on it.

in my hands im running a one handed weapon and shield.
weapon is SC mage weapon and has MR6 on it along with some other stuff (int 5, mana 5)
and the shield is SC no -1 with soul charge 30, cold eater 12, int 5, mana 5, HPR 4, MR 3, LMC 1, energy resist 1.
both are Legendary Arties that i got from the roof encounter at the ShadowGuard.

hope that helps some.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And you can easily reforge 3 MR on leather pieces with a spined kit using the "of restoration" option, without powerful.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Poo, I can appreciate you going for the looks that the bone helmet gives you.
I think I will need to pay closer attention to the mods on the weapon drops I see. I actually completely forgot that weapons can such a high amount of MR on them. I've been using either Boomstick or a spellbook with MR3 when I was looking to get extra MR. Plus a guild mate recently gave me a pretty sweet shield I can use.

Thanks for the tip Bealank, my original thought was to use a couple of barbed kits to get 2 pieces higher MR but I like your suggestion to get MR3 on each of the studded pieces.

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for sharing your suit Poo, and also Bealank for the mr 3 tip! I made a suit for my mystic tamer using this idea and love it!