• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Devs should start catering towards the community more..

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to use UO Herald as a example... What ever happened to the community spotlights they use to do? That catered heavily towards roleplaying and non-roleplayers as well, when people wrote their own fiction and stories and sent it to the devs? I think every game does this except for UO.... Why do they not have out of game contests for UO such as fan art contests? Whatever happened to establishments and the "screenshot" of the week? When I am looking at buying a game, I usually tend to go to the website and look at screenshots and videos.... UO has none of this.. World of Warcraft as a umm.. Myspace homepage, comics, player submitted screenshots, fan art, (Both fan art and comic contests as well) player stories, (that are both real life and roleplaying) all right there on their homepage, and everyone keeps wondering why our community is not what it once was??

The UO homepage as it stands, along with the rest of the community, is very lifeless, there is no life here, no color, nothing, it very blank and empty..

/Signed

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not really the dev's job, is it?
Actually, it is the webmaster, but I believe the webmaster is also a developer.. If I am not mistaking?? As they are helping develop the game by developing a website.. If EA needs a webmaster for this sort of thing, I am experienced in HTML..

S

Sweeney

That's the web admin's job, and he/she can't even keep pages updated. Talk about a massive workload if they had to fail at this too.

But it would be nice.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the web admin's job, and he/she can't even keep pages updated. Talk about a massive workload if they had to fail at this too.
Yeah, the web admin needs fired...... I don't know who it is, but they are not that good at their job.. Because the homepage is just... ___________________________________________________________________________________

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Herald is not even complete..... http://town.uo.com/guilds/

Some of the pages still have the old look..... And why is there no search?
There IS a search. And the guilds section is very much up-to-date. In fact it's even updated my guild to where it was yesterday. I trained my guy to 81.1 detect last night and that's where it says my skill avg. for the guild is at. (yes, I'm the only one in my guild :p )

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There IS a search. And the guilds section is very much up-to-date. In fact it's even updated my guild to where it was yesterday. I trained my guy to 81.1 detect last night and that's where it says my skill avg. for the guild is at. (yes, I'm the only one in my guild :p )
I am saying the website is incomplete.... It works fine.... Remember when they began to re-do the website with Kingdom Reborn? They never finished it...

And NO there is NO search... The only place you find it is on the guilds page and it DOES NOT WORK...

Do you see a search anywhere on the front page?

http://www.uoherald.com/news/

Is it hidden or difficult to find?

And myuo no longer works, you cannot login and you have not been able to for many months now.....

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am saying the website is incomplete.... It works fine.... Remember when they began to re-do the website with Kingdom Reborn? They never finished it...

And NO there is NO search... The only place you find it is on the guilds page and it DOES NOT WORK...

Do you see a search anywhere on the front page?

http://www.uoherald.com/news/

Is it hidden or difficult to find?
The search engine in the guilds section worked perfectly well for me. I set it to "Members Name" search and it found my guild as well as others, I set it to "Abbreviations" and found numerous guilds. "Guild Names" search worked perfectly well also.

Edit: I do agree that it needs a search engine on the Home page.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The search engine in the guilds section worked perfectly well for me. I set it to "Members Name" search and it found my guild as well as others, I set it to "Abbreviations" and found numerous guilds. "Guild Names" search worked perfectly well also.

Edit: I do agree that it needs a search engine on the Home page.
I am not talking about the search for the guilds... ******** **********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/search.pl

See that?? IT IS CALLED A SEARCH, and IT DOES NOT WORK!

K

Kratos Aurion

Actually, it is the webmaster, but I believe the webmaster is also a developer.. If I am not mistaking?? As they are helping develop the game by developing a website.. If EA needs a webmaster for this sort of thing, I am experienced in HTML..
Doesn't even take HTML experience to start a blog on myspace. I think it would be good for the Devs to start an "official" off-site blogging space to report news, daily activities and user thoughts/feedback etc. It would also be a great way to cater to the community, get to know the players and report other oddities. Who knows maybe someone with flash intelligence will even make a UO app for myspace that gives everyone a virtual confined area of WBB where we can log in and chat with custom avatars (like we do in the real uo!!!1!1).