• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Developers Do Care About Duped Items!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know sometimes it can appear that the developers don't pay attention to issues like duping and scripting, but here is proof from today that they actually do still try to fight duping when they can!

Mesanna came to an IDOC today to go through the house and delete all the duped items in it before the house fell. Effectively removing a bunch of duped items from the market that otherwise would have been resold once the house fell.

She also removed the personal account bound items from the house like Soulstones and Shard Shields that are no use to anyone except the house owner. She didn't mention why, but I think she brought them to the shard donation house for those type of items or something, that way if the player ever comes back they can find their shard shields and soulstones again.

Afterwards some players mentioned to her that some recent IDOC's have been heavily scripted, so she agreed to observe the looting of both this IDOC, and some future IDOC's to watch the script looting for herself and see if something can be done to prevent it.

Thank you Mesanna! :)

Untitled.png

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why would she take the Account Bound items? Hopefully she placed those items on one of the Chars.
Someone asked her that right after I made this thread, she said the owner of the house paid his account but was a little too late because once a house goes IDOC even if the account gets paid the house still falls.

So she saved his account bound items thinking that since she can't save the whole house, she can at least save his important shard shields and soulstones for him.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Someone asked her that right after I made this thread, she said the owner of the house paid his account but was a little too late because once a house goes IDOC even if the account gets paid the house still falls.

So she saved his account bound items thinking that since she can't save the whole house, she can at least save his important shard shields and soulstones for him.
That's a solid move.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Think it was totally fair that she got the items that were account bound.

She later dropped the house becuase it was "bugged" - dont know how. But she gave a warning she would drop it because it was bugged, and down it went.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I know sometimes it can appear that the developers don't pay attention to issues like duping and scripting, but here is proof from today that they actually do still try to fight duping when they can!

Mesanna came to an IDOC today to go through the house and delete all the duped items in it before the house fell. Effectively removing a bunch of duped items from the market that otherwise would have been resold once the house fell.

She also removed the personal account bound items from the house like Soulstones and Shard Shields that are no use to anyone except the house owner. She didn't mention why, but I think she brought them to the shard donation house for those type of items or something, that way if the player ever comes back they can find their shard shields and soulstones again.

Afterwards some players mentioned to her that some recent IDOC's have been heavily scripted, so she agreed to observe the looting of both this IDOC, and some future IDOC's to watch the script looting for herself and see if something can be done to prevent it.

Thank you Mesanna! :)

View attachment 58228
That's interesting.

If there were that many duped items why wouldn't she ban the owner?

After having so many it's generally not a coincidence.

But hey, she may have saved a duper's soulstones. Good for her.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's good developer intervention.

There are not many changes to UO that I support, but I wish Soul Stones and Shard Shields went to a players bank account when a house falls. It's always unfortunate to hear someone lost shard shields only to have some idoc-scripter who picked them up try to charge an outrageous price for them in the event an original owner is able to track down the person who ended up with them.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I'm going to be the ass here and say WTF?

First, let's clear up the duping issue. Mesanna never said there were duped items, she just said that the house was clear to fall with no duped items inside.

Second, why did she save this player's soulstones and shard shields? Was this someone who might have been playing the 90 day game and payed too late? Is she going to save everyone's account bound items when a house goes idoc now?

Third, I call BS on this being a bugged timed house. It wasn't due to fall for the first time until 2:49pm EST.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Guess I'm going to be the ass here and say WTF?

First, let's clear up the duping issue. Mesanna never said there were duped items, she just said that the house was clear to fall with no duped items inside.

Second, why did she save this player's soulstones and shard shields? Was this someone who might have been playing the 90 day game and payed too late? Is she going to save everyone's account bound items when a house goes idoc now?

Third, I call BS on this being a bugged timed house. It wasn't due to fall for the first time until 2:49pm EST.
The whole thing is sketchy.

If she didn't have such a turd of an idoc system, this wouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

There are few people who benefit the most from it now.

At this point I'm in favor of having all contents of a house being deleted once a house drops.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where is everyone else's soulstones and shard shields that ahve had a house fall?

Why did this house deserve special attention from the producer, no less? was this one of the RMT buddies? WTF is going on, that one account gets it's stuff saved and no one else does?

This smells like a crock of it to me, something is seriously not right with this situation at all.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The whole thing is sketchy.

If she didn't have such a turd of an idoc system, this wouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

There are few people who benefit the most from it now.

At this point I'm in favor of having all contents of a house being deleted once a house drops.

Yeah when even the devs are in on the action, its time to just delete everything, period

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea speaking of which..I didn't dupe the items so I'd gladly like my deleted items back from my account. That's horse ! It's one thing to not do a damn thing about till it's convenient..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you guys are giving too much credit.

she didn't say she removed "duped" items, she said she only took out account bound items.... she mentioned the house is "clean" of duped items, doesn't mean she removed them to make it clean.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think you guys are giving too much credit.

she didn't say she removed "duped" items, she said she only took out account bound items.... she mentioned the house is "clean" of duped items, doesn't mean she removed them to make it clean.
I think I may have given her more credit if she actually removed and left the account bounds items to drop like every other person who has lost them.

Why did this particular person stand to benefit from her intervention?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I may have given her more credit if she actually removed and left the account bounds items to drop like every other person who has lost them.

Why did this particular person stand to benefit from her intervention?
Yea I was going to post, that's the downside of sharing such a story.... now everyone that this particular event happens to will expect Mesanna to do the same thing for them....

best options are to either do that for no one, or do it for everyone.

automated system would make it ok, some kind of portable "moving crate" that automatically moves all account bound items to it after the house enters "IDOC", this way if the player returns, and places a house anywhere, they atleast have some of their more important/useful belongings. which would only further encourage people to stay after returning.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
More preferential treatment to her suckups. I mean seriously wtf is the lead developer doing at an IDOC? Shouldn't you be fixing bugs?, stopping gold seller sites advertising? Removing dead content? Really? an IDOC? *shakes head in disgust*
Removing duped items is relevant.

The person paid for their account and had shard shields retrieved.

They are fixing bugs and there isn't much they can do to stop gold sellers.

The developers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's a no-win situation for them.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I was going to post, that's the downside of sharing such a story.... now everyone that this particular event happens to will expect Mesanna to do the same thing for them....

best options are to either do that for no one, or do it for everyone.

automated system would make it ok, some kind of portable "moving crate" that automatically moves all account bound items to it after the house enters "IDOC", this way if the player returns, and places a house anywhere, they atleast have some of their more important/useful belongings. which would only further encourage people to stay after returning.
Please please please no automated anything! They don't know how to! They need to just leave things alone. How many non duped items were becoming duped after transfers, or vendor able prior to transfer then not allowing transfer due to to an item being "duped" which wasn't duped..they need to focus on dinosaurs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where is everyone else's soulstones and shard shields that ahve had a house fall?

Why did this house deserve special attention from the producer, no less? was this one of the RMT buddies? WTF is going on, that one account gets it's stuff saved and no one else does?

This smells like a crock of it to me, something is seriously not right with this situation at all.
Here is the reason why.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Sorry the "saved them for him" sounds like a crock of **** to me.

If the house was OSI, it deserved to fall like any other house... those are the rules we all play by.

If the owner paid the account and the house was still his but had past the point of being able to be refreshed they would still have access to go in and get their own stuff before it dropped.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the reason why.
In the past it was said that once it goes idoc, tough luck...it wont refresh nothing can be done. You let it go too long, too bad so sad. Now all of a sudden, for this particular case, it isn't a problem? BS
It stinks to high heaven

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If the owner paid the account and the house was still his but had past the point of being able to be refreshed they would still have access to go in and get their own stuff before it dropped.
One of the changes to the IDOC system a while ago was that once the house hits IDOC stage it wipes the friends and co-owner list, and doesn't allow anyone to enter. Even the actual owner. So he couldn't just walk in and get his stuff because it would have locked him out.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, well she missed the other one then. I am astounded she saved the stuff. She can do that now for every other player in the same ship. Neat!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
all you :cheerleader: can spin this however you want to, but surely on some level even y'all know this.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or the owner paid his/her account on time, every time and some how his/her account got bugged and Mesenna at least saved his/hers account bound stuff. Who the hell knows.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the past it was said that once it goes idoc, tough luck...it wont refresh nothing can be done. You let it go too long, too bad so sad. Now all of a sudden, for this particular case, it isn't a problem? BS
It stinks to high heaven
You are right but who the hell knows what happened with some of the posts on here about account management anything could have happened. Or better yet maybe some service member just returned from deployment and his/hers CC got screwed up and Mesenna helped a returning warrior out. I have no clue why she did and for her to do it publicly it must have been a damn good reason. I also find it very strange the Mesenna could not fix the house because she has fixed houses in the past, maybe the house itself was bugged.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of the changes to the IDOC system a while ago was that once the house hits IDOC stage it wipes the friends and co-owner list, and doesn't allow anyone to enter. Even the actual owner. So he couldn't just walk in and get his stuff because it would have locked him out.
Wiping friends and co-owners does not wipe the owner... at least not the last time it happened to someone I know. They could still get in the house, they could even add people back to the friends and co-owner list... the only thing they couldn't do was refresh the house.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Removing duped items is relevant.

The person paid for their account and had shard shields retrieved.

They are fixing bugs and there isn't much they can do to stop gold sellers.

The developers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's a no-win situation for them.
It's not even clear that she removed duped items.

Every other person paid for their accounts. This wouldn't be the first person to play the 90 day game and get burned and we had far less sympathy for them.

Meh, it is what is is now. I hope she keeps her mitts off Idocs unless she plans to "fix" the system.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Little favor for a buddy, who would not like this! But then doing this visibly in front of a crowd of people, I don't know *shrugs*

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Or the owner paid his/her account on time, every time and some how his/her account got bugged and Mesenna at least saved his/hers account bound stuff. Who the hell knows.
Not likely man. As of the handful of emails I've sent to her, "the system is working as intended."

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not even clear that she removed duped items.

Every other person paid for their accounts. This wouldn't be the first person to play the 90 day game and get burned and we had far less sympathy for them.

Meh, it is what is is now. I hope she keeps her mitts off Idocs unless she plans to "fix" the system.
I wasn't there, so I don't know what was removed, but never a bad thing to remove dupes from game.

I'm no fan of the "90 day game" in any shape or form. However, it's been suggested this account and/or house somehow got 'bugged'. If that was part of the reason why an exception was made and she only grabbed a couple of soul stones and shard shields, then I wouldn't call it some type of uber-egregious "favoritism". Seems to me like it was a rare situation.

And by all means, I know everyone would want that treatment, which is why in my first post I commented that I wish soul stones and shard shields were zipped to a bank box when a house falls.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wasn't there, so I don't know what was removed, but never a bad thing to remove dupes from game.

I'm no fan of the "90 day game" in any shape or form. However, it's been suggested this account and/or house somehow got 'bugged'. If that was part of the reason why an exception was made and she only grabbed a couple of soul stones and shard shields, then I wouldn't call it some type of uber-egregious "favoritism". Seems to me like it was a rare situation.

And by all means, I know everyone would want that treatment, which is why in my first post I commented that I wish soul stones and shard shields were zipped to a bank box when a house falls.
Could be, it just appears poor looking at face value.

Either way, I'm going to go do some BODs or pvp or something...

Have a good one

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
she did good. for all of you who are whining.....here's a participation medal :_

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
A soul stone is like 5K in clean up points.... just sayin'. She's unlikely to do this for everyone in that situation so it does get weird.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So she saved the belongings of a friend...it's a non story..as if anyone is surprised.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I think some of you are off on self satisfying nonsense.
I know for a fact the owner is in the military, and out where the web time is not accessable as we have. He didn't know of anything was wrong. As many service men an women out in the field are not as lucky to be notified of bank and CC issues. Being too late to save his home in fixing the payment issue he appealed to the only power he could. I for one commend Mesanna's compassion to save this persons personal items. Soulstones and shields are account bound, so this was moot except to those of you who wish the points ....shame on you for coveting them. We all should be so compassionate to our service personel.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
....shame on you for coveting them
Get off your high horse, the game allows us to turn them in for points.

As for being a Military player, total respect.
BUT the fact still remains, if Mesanna does this for one Military player... she better damn well do it for all Military players who have issues or none at all.
Picking and choosing who you help tends to leave a bad taste for the rest of the community.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Typical stratics and the incredible sense of entitlement. Someone does something nice, and all stratics can say is "Well what about me?! What if this happened to me?!". Relax people, so what if this one persons appeal worked, good for him and good for mesanna to take time out of her day to do this. Be happy for the dude, it's not the end of the world here. Go find something actually worth getting upset about. I have some major "outrage fatigue" from the dramatic users on this site. Never saw so many dramatic babies looking to get outraged over any little thing.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GMs in the past were fired for intervening with the game.
And? She isn't a GM. At most jobs, if you do something that your aren't authorized to do, even if your boss is authorized to do it, you get fired.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Collusion at its finest...

she came in and said the house was bugged? how was it bugged when it hadnt even gone through the entire cycle yet? She dropped the house before it even had a chance to cycle normally. - Collusion

She cleared duped items? How can she tell what is duped or not? Need i go into the non vendorable items? Transfer bug? - collusion

This was a crap move by @Mesanna People waited a long time to find out a time and then she went and dropped the house before that time had even come. She dropped it 2 hours before the first 5 hour mark on the house. Collusion.

Just so you understand how many hours someone could of potentially sat at that house to get accurate times...

It was normal idoc first. lets say they found it at fairly worn.... thats 2 days or so of waiting for the first time (gw to idoc) to get accurate 5 10 or 15 hours...
Then it went OSI due to a vendor owned by another account... thats another round of decay. so like new to idoc = 4 days to 5 days.
Then it went idoc and the person that just spent over a week watching this house is set to go... they have put in their work to get a good time to be there for an amazing idoc....

Then she drops it 2 hours before the first 5 hour mark? Very convenient for the people that just happened to be there...

COLLUSION!!!!

P.S. I hope the story is true and the account owner did get is account bound items back. But it does open a slippery slope that she will now have to do this for every person in the same circumstances.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly, I think its an awesome thing that she was able to save the account bound stuff for this person, but the problem I see here is equality. I know of several people who have lost everything while paging GM's and screaming for help that doesn't come in time.
If it is a priority of the developers and a customer service to intervene in cases like this, it should be possible for EVERYONE to receive that intervention. What happens when Mesanna is on vacation? Can GM's also help you save special items from your OSI house? If no.. why not? I don't have a problem when people receive "special" treatment.... Its just frustrating that this treatment and service is "special" to begin with. If you do something for one person, you should do it for everyone. Thats just a basic business practice.

Anyways just my two cents =)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was there for the house when it dropped. I wish I would of recorded or took screen shot of what happened me. I was in back of house and when the house dropped, the whole back wall of house was left up for me. in general there was a wall right in front of me. with 4 secret chests that I couldnt touch because of wall. this has never happened to me, ive had the wall on opposite side stay up but not the wall in front of me. I got nothing lol. think because where mesana was standing, maybe go to middle of house and drop. who knows.
sad art is she should of been at the malas one the night before