• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS The Countdown Has Started!

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have never heard of Misk before. Is he from Stratics or from Broadsword? Does he prefer apples or bananas?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In talking about redesigned castles we've thought that being able to convert existing castles would definitely be a necessity. Handling deco in the existing structure may be somewhat problematic, but being able to altar the design without replacing is a must have, right?

Also...How much would you pay to have your castle converted to a new layout?
500 million

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am chomping at the bit for something to use up reagents like magery did in the pre-LRC days. Inscription seems like a likely candidate!
Off the top of my head:
reagents give bonuses when casting spells with them.
Make potions of bonuses/buffs that require a lot more reagents have a longer duration
Toggle to turn LRC on or off.
A blessed bag that holds ONLY reagents that has a gold cost tied into it (or like a 2000 gold insurance type cost)
Weapons or armor that require reagents to power abilities.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In talking about redesigned castles we've thought that being able to convert existing castles would definitely be a necessity. Handling deco in the existing structure may be somewhat problematic, but being able to altar the design without replacing is a must have, right?

You pay nothing to customize normal houses, so converting to a different design shouldn't be outrageous. I'd say 10-20M. Heck, I'd pay a RL fee of maybe $10 per conversion.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There was a spoiler thread somewhere that listed text file changes that had references to hatching/raising baby dragons.
Upon reading this I searched hopefully but didn't find it. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You pay nothing to customize normal houses, so converting to a different design shouldn't be outrageous. I'd say 10-20M. Heck, I'd pay a RL fee of maybe $10 per conversion.
If I could get a redesigned castle that was practical and useful.... I'd pay 25 RL dollars easy. Course I might need a new castle for that...

I still want a basement add on. I still say take a big server that's just black space.... sell us a "Teleporter" that looks like say a trap door... a door with a ring on it..... on the floor. That door would give us a 32x32 plot in the black space that we could custom with all the current housing tiles plus we could use dungeon looking tiles.. for cave or dungeon walls. Some with the hanging chains and such on them... some iron bars and such to look like jails and prisons think we have some of that.. and it would be ONE floor but give it the storage of a castle. I'd pay $25 for that. I wouldn't think that would take much work to program. I don't need it to be actually "Under" my house it can be something we teleport to. It would solve folk wanting more storage as well as being cool, adding cash flow to the game, and allowing the customization of a large plot without making the land ugly. Since it'd be somewhere folk won't be walking about in. You might be able to see into someone else's basement but you wouldn't really care. Since they wouldn't be connected it's not like it matters if they are close together. It would also add a rather interesting aspect to the game. Of course it would be limited to one per account and house... but I think it would be pretty sweet. Another one of my many suggestions over the years that I think is pretty good.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

id pay around 500million / $100 if it was a good layout. considering the price castles go for (4-5 billion) i think many would pay 1billion gold for a castle convert. Im also aware that most shards castles arent worth as much (sometimes free / placeable) so a general cost of 100 - 400 / million $20-$80 million might be more realistic and appropiate for all shards not just atlantic.

I included cash / store prices, but i think this would be much better as an ingame gold-sink, as there are few sinks in game that are significant.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is some stuff they have been doing on free shards.... Raise and train snake>lava lizard>drake>lesser dragon>greater dragon>ancient dragon>crimson dragon and so on.
Speaking of I had to laugh a little at their response to whether they've looked at some of the stuff free shards have added. Basically dismissing it all saying that the work was stolen.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Crossbreeding!
I'm quite curious about this.

Has there been any evidence stating that it will be crossbreeding and not just same species breeding? This must be the worts skill ever to train as at some point we will be getting something like 0,1 skill per breeding attempt...and there sure must be a minimum breeding interval between attempts.

I guess crossbreeding could bring about some very unique and probably powerfull hybrids. Some would be fertile and some would not, in which case the viable ones could be breed again and create a new unique species only obtainable through breeding and therefore, very, very expensive.

Damn it, I'll have to loose Magery for sure to get this in...how much magery can one have based on items and clothes, etc? Crap...then it won't have 100% LRC for sure...

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of I had to laugh a little at their response to whether they've looked at some of the stuff free shards have added. Basically dismissing it all saying that the work was stolen.
lol i had a good laugh too

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Right...

I have a Peace Tamer with Magery and I can see where this pet revamp and new skill is going. Most likelly I will have to ditch Magery to use the new skill that's coming...

For the love of sweet, sweet mercy...please, please, please add a Tamer spellbook that allows the use of spells tamers use all the time such as:
  • Recall
  • Mark
  • Gate travel
  • Night Sight
  • Heal
  • Cure
  • Invisibility
At the very least something that allows us to travel and mark. Even Bards now have spellbooks.

I don't want to carry tons of pots and recall scrolls left and right to make up for the loss of Magery.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never heard of Misk before. Is he from Stratics or from Broadsword? Does he prefer apples or bananas?
Simply look through the anniversary presents from the last years. There are MANY from Misk...

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Right...

I have a Peace Tamer with Magery and I can see where this pet revamp and new skill is going. Most likelly I will have to ditch Magery to use the new skill that's coming...

For the love of sweet, sweet mercy...please, please, please add a Tamer spellbook that allows the use of spells tamers use all the time such as:
  • Recall
  • Mark
  • Gate travel
  • Night Sight
  • Heal
  • Cure
  • Invisibility
At the very least something that allows us to travel and mark. Even Bards now have spellbooks.

I don't want to carry tons of pots and recall scrolls left and right to make up for the loss of Magery.
Theron, Today at 3:23 AM
Well here's some ideas I threw together for Taming Spell Masteries that include spell names & abilities using allocated tamer skills.

Tamer Masteries:

[Nature's Advance] Tamer casts Recall for the player & their pet with targeting (Runebook Recall button now shared with Nature's Advance) .

[Totem Manifest] Tamer conjures a stone of marking in pet owners backpack. Double click stone & target a runebook to mark & fill 1 rune at a time without needing a rune.

[Nature's Portal] Tamer casts Gate Travel with targeting (Runebook Gate Travel button now shared with Nature's Portal)

[Wildsite] Tamer casts Night Site with targeting.

[Manic Mending] Tamer casts Greater Healing with targeting. Adds a heal over time proc, intensity based on real Veterinary skill up to 100% at maximum skill.

[Naturopathy] Tamer casts Arch Cure with targeting. Intensity chance to remove Curse, Damage & Mortal Strike based on real Veterinary skill up to 100% at maximum skill.

[Prowling Ward] Tamer casts Invisibility with targeting. Adds chance to stealth based real Herding skill up to 100% chance at maximum skill. Invisibility & Stealth wear off after spell timer concludes.

[Metamorphosis] Tamer gains new cast ability which adds pre-tame a benefit to upgrade the targeted pets statistics in Str/Hp, Stam/Dex, skills, & resistance up to & including their respective maximum natural caps. Intensity of Metamorphosis effected based on real Animal Taming & Animal Lore skills up to 100% increase at maximum skills. Pet skills, stats, & resist already at maximum cap will not be effected.

[Beast Lore] Tamer gains future accelerated incite showing ONLY post tame stats, skills, & resistance levels. Success based on real Animal Lore skill up to 100% at maximum skill. Only useable while not affected by Metamorphosis.

left one out by mistake below

[Beast Soothing] Tamer cast a single target Peacemaking ONLY during a Taming attempt for the spell duration. Chance at Peacemaking based off real Animal Lore skill up to 100% at maximum skill.

Last edited:

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Well here's some ideas I threw together for Taming Spell Masteries that include spell names & abilities using allocated tamer skills.

Tamer Masteries:

[Nature's Advance] Tamer casts Recall for the player & their pet with targeting (Runebook Recall button now shared with Nature's Advance) .

[Totem Manifest] Tamer conjures a stone of marking in pet owners backpack. Double click stone & target a runebook to mark & fill 1 rune at a time without needing a rune.

[Nature's Portal] Tamer casts Gate Travel with targeting (Runebook Gate Travel button now shared with Nature's Portal)

[Wildsite] Tamer casts Night Site with targeting.

[Manic Mending] Tamer casts Greater Healing with targeting. Adds a heal over time proc, intensity based on real Veterinary skill up to 100% at maximum skill.

[Naturopathy] Pet casts Arch Cure with targeting. Intensity chance to remove Curse, Damage & Mortal Strike based on real Veterinary skill up to 100% at maximum skill.

[Prowling Ward] Tamer casts Invisibility with targeting. Adds chance to stealth based real Herding skill up to 100% chance at maximum skill. Invisibility & Stealth wear off after spell timer concludes.

[Metamorphosis] Tamer gains new cast ability which adds pre-tame a benefit to upgrade the targeted pets statistics in Str/Hp, Stam/Dex, skills, & resistance up to & including their respective maximum natural caps. Intensity of Metamorphosis effected based on real Animal Taming & Animal Lore skills up to 100% increase at maximum skills. Pet skills sitting at maximum cap will not be effected.

[Beast Lore] Tamer gains future accelerated incite showing ONLY post tame stats, skills, & resistance levels. Success based on real Animal Lore skill up to 100% at maximum skill. Only useable while not affected by Metamorphosis.

left one out by mistake below

[Beast Soothing] Tamer cast a single target Peacemaking ONLY during a Taming attempt for the spell duration. Chance at Peacemaking based off real Animal Lore skill up to 100% at maximum skill.
I think I'm in love...:heart:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Almost all my tamers are ELVES we've no need of nightsite... that's for you weak humans.

I need invis, gate, mark, recall, Greater Heal, Arch Cure... Something to remove curse..... dispell..... Calm, etc.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found that really offensive and surprising. its the "easy answer" that allows for inferior service at a higher price tho.

Perfect comparison:
Apple Phones vrs Android.

This is the way real life works, if the devs are blowing it off they are doing the players a huge injustice.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found that really offensive and surprising. its the "easy answer" that allows for inferior service at a higher price tho.

Perfect comparison:
Apple Phones vrs Android.

This is the way real life works, if the devs are blowing it off they are doing the players a huge injustice.
Yeah it pretty much just ignored the fact that some great ideas that actually WORK ingame have come from people that just did it in their free time, not as a job. But oh well.