• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The correct way to hang dried flowers and herbs.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new vendor house was almost complete. Lymah strolled around conducting a final inspection when he noticed Vlad had hung something on the wall near his Green Tea.

"Vlad, what's that?" Asked Lymah pointing at the shriveled vegetation hanging from a peg in the wall.

"Well sir, that's my herbs and flowers I brew in my tea. I crush up a couple leaves and add it to the tea for flavor. It's a secret family recipie."

Lymah stood back, shaking his head. "You've got them hung wrong Vlad. It's not balanced. See, the dried flowers are larger and hang close to the tea. If you take the dried herbs... and move them..."

Lymah reaches for the dried plants and moves them around on the pegs.

"There! Doesn't that look more balanced!" Lymah smiles broadly, then strolls off to adjust a crooked chair.

Vlad rolls his eyes... "Ugh, I'm gonna LOVE working here."

Safe Travels, Sam

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grins*

Good luck with the vendor house.
If the post gave you a grin... here is something that might give ya a good belly laugh.

I didn't get the idea for the post until after Lymah had switched the deco. I got a screenie of the "fixed" deco, but then had to go back and redo the hanging flowers the wrong way to get the screenie, then put them back again. As the dried flowers are hopping all over the screen I began to question my sanity. :coco:

All just so that I could post a silly story about Lymah berating Vlad (an NPC bartender) over his dried flower hanging methods.

I've made a few other subtle changes to the deco. I get so tired of seeing vendor houses that are just a bunch of guys standing on a plot. I like to make mine a bit more interesting.

Can anyone guess how many pieces of silver is in the pile below Judas the Parrots perch?

And people think being a scribe is an easy job. Hrmph.

Safe Travels, Sam

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*counts carefully*

I see thirty

:)

You have a keen eye! Yes, thirty. There are some that would just pile any amount of silver, and most would never notice. I say to those folks... return to your PvP and musings on DCI... leave the placement of herbs and pillows to the Legendary Decorators of Sosaria!

Safe Travels, Sam

P.S. Perhaps LDoS would make a nice guild title. :D