• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event The Coronation of Blackthorn (Sunday 7th, 8pm UK Time)

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When? Sunday 7th October at 8pm UK Time
Where? The Throne Room, Castle Blackthorn - In Britain

Please join Dupre in crowning Blackthorn the new king of Britannia! Starts 8pm sharp.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
??? Have i been asleep for a year?? blackthorn lord of evil?? is to be the new king??? please tell???...seems sunday night [family/friends relaxing weekend time] won the vote then for events

Last edited:

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This particular event is Sunday yes THP, But in no way are we saying Sunday is the 'EM Night'. The poll shows people are available Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays mostly, Thursdays also show a strong performance so we'll cater to all of those days the best we can.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CAN U PLEASE enlighten me how the lord of evil as become ournew king...honestly i know i aint been playing much...but in a few words how as this happened...have i been away that long from events??

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
woot actualy have something to fun to go and watch on my birthday tommorow :)

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CAN U PLEASE enlighten me how the lord of evil as become ournew king...honestly i know i aint been playing much...but in a few words how as this happened...have i been away that long from events??
Because the "evil" Blackthorn was a doppelganger created by Exodus, or something on those lines.
The bones of it are that Blackthorn himself didn't turn evil, it was all Exodus.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

Please join Dupre in crowning Blackthorn the new king of Britannia! Starts 8pm sharp.
Will PROTESTORS be allowed to be there too disturbing this or will we get kicked out of the Castle if we do?
Just to ask...

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You should post the event news to the em website at europa.uoem.net too and please, update the website every now and then.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Will PROTESTORS be allowed to be there too disturbing this or will we get kicked out of the Castle if we do?
Just to ask...
Depends on Blackthorn's mood at a the time I guess. :D

You should post the event news to the em website at europa.uoem.net too and please, update the website every now and then.
We're working on a new site to replace the current site, Unfortunately I don't have access to the current site which is why I don't use it.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Well...we can test out how he reacts to protests.
He might reveal himselfe evil putting us protestors into jail, or sending his guards on us..all that in front of maybe the biggest crowd since 10 years..
But than he also might die to a Fire Field ROFL
Oh well lets see if protestors will apear!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're working on a new site to replace the current site, Unfortunately I don't have access to the current site which is why I don't use it.
You can ask Emile Layne or even Sarakan about how to access the Europa EM website.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
??? Have i been asleep for a year?? blackthorn lord of evil?? is to be the new king??? please tell???...seems sunday night [family/friends relaxing weekend time] won the vote then for events
A lot of it developed in the official fiction on the UO Herald site (which is now uo.com) I don't often get to attend EM events now but have been following outside the game, as much as possible

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All being well and barring disasters I'm hoping to be livestreaming this event.
Could I therefore respectfully request people restrict themselves to 'family friendly' language?

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, to bad the handout system of the gifts semed to be broken...alot of peeps didnt get a deed on Europa, me neither...not one of the 4 chars i had there...hope this will be fixed - people on Europa allready starting to ask 100 Mil for the deeds hehe

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same for me - did not see the gate until it was closed, because was looking the wrong direction following the returning masses. (Did not even know that there was a gate!)
So 2 hours spent at the event, but not gotten the promised gift ...
Frustrating.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad his fine cloak didn't catch fire.

But hey, I could try, eh? :)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best shooter had 200 - the second best shooters 150. Names are engraved and can be seen in the garden where the archery contest happened.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got there early to get a good seat, and then a late comer came and sat on me.:grrr:
And was even rude to me when i asked them about it. :(
Other than getting griefed it was quite good. :)
Archery contest was a nice touch. ;)
Thanks to the EM's for a fun afternoon, :thumbup:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From skimming back through my journal, I found the final results - which are in the spoiler to allow for a proper 'official' announcement to bring the news to those who prefer it that way, or want to find out by looking at the plinth where the competition was held ;)

Comments by Fynn Barrett :

We had quite a few good archers here tonight
And therefore the second place is shared for a host of
Tauriel!
Thor!
Nimuaq!
Anna Goodward!
You all scored an impressive 150 points!
And all your names will be added to the momument
Good job!
But tonight's winner
He scored an impressive 200 points!
Unfortunately he had to leave
But the winner with 200 points was Titanium!
His name will be added to the momument as well
That's it for the official part of the contest tonight

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having gone to a few of the other shards, I have to say the Europa one was by far the best. Well done EM's!! The event was dressed well, had the right NPC's.. even the guards (and deco!)!!! None of the other Shards had that!!

Awesome event, well done guys!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I was a bit disappointed, I much preferred Dawn's coronation which followed the traditional path of the candidate being annointed by the Archbishop. This 'coronation' appeared to consist of an instant transformation of a monk to a King.

Last edited:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear, I see Scrumpy was sitting in the audience ... I hope he wasn't a nuisance to anybody ...

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same for me - did not see the gate until it was closed, because was looking the wrong direction following the returning masses. (Did not even know that there was a gate!)
So 2 hours spent at the event, but not gotten the promised gift ...
Frustrating.

You can have mine. Let me know where you live and I'll put it in your post box if you have one.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got already one from another player, a big thanks to Miri :thumbup:
And thank you for your generous offer as well!
Shows, that there is still something else than greed and Me Me Only Me mentality in the game :heart:
*Salute*
Olahorand