• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The City of Zento needs your help tonight

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night the self proclaimed "king" of Britainia Lord Casca was found in Zento dropping propaganda books around our fair city. He has heard that a resistance movement against him is growing, and he's not happy about this.

The islands of Tokuno do not fall under his rule, we are under the rule of the Empress. Kryptman, the mayor of Zento, has been vocal in his displeasure of Casca's actions, and I'm afraid the new "king" has singled out Zento for destruction.

He has placed lanterns around asking for people to come help him liberate Zento from tyranny. I'm afraid he plans to invade our city tonight at 6:15eastern.

I wanted to let everyone know that Zento and the Tokuno Islands do not need freed from tyranny. This is just Casca's way of forcing his will on our people. We will not stand for this. We ask everyone to come give aid tonight at 6:15 eastern and help us keep Zento and the Tokuno Islands free from Casca's rule. Don't let this self proclaimed King, who we are certain is working with the shadowlords, take away the safe haven that is Zento.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady DevilsOwn, leader of the Fellowship of Skara Brae, is out of the lands for a time.
Magecruella, Leader of the ELV-Alliance, is out of the lands at the moment.

However, I shall gather what forces of the alliance I can, and stand with you.
While having thus far been neutral in these matters, "forced" allegiance and subjugation are wrong. If this is allowed to happen, then I ask, where will it end? For this reason, I will be there!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Myth and Peace Lords have stood aloof from recent politics. Despite the wild rumours and accusations, King Casca has brought peace and prosperity to the land - and even the wagons arrive on time. As the attempts to prove old suspicions have turned more desperate, it is clear that some seek to undermine the throne at any cost.

We are faithful to the crown, we are faithful to our friends. This latest escalation of tensions, with threats of force and threats against peaceful shipping, is highly disturbing and places us in a difficult conflict of loyalties.

A single delegate of MAPL shall be sent to observe the situation, but at this time, we do not intend to intervene on either side.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Uriah for your assistance in this matter.

Lord Maplestone I understand your reluctance to take sides, but if "King" Casca is willing to take our lands from us and force our people to serve him, he will do it to other free lands, and other free people.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are not all lands of our realm nominally subject to the crown? (give or take terms of the ophidian truce and the ungovernable lands of Fel). Now the land has been without a king since before contact with Zento, so the relative ranking of Kings and Empresses has been diplomatically left ambiguous.

( *demonstrates a slight tendency towards cultural imperialism* )

N

NewThunder

I never much cared for Zento anyways; many of my accounts have not even been upgraded to go there.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Seems like Casca was pushed back easy enough...hope he made an agreement to pay those mercenaries after the job was done and not before. Otherwise that's a lot of tax gold down in the sewers.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must say there were many disturbing events in the confusion (including waves of orcs and undead which I assume swept down from the northern deserts stirred up by the trouble). However, I was shocked by the sheer magnitude of dragons at the beck and call of the defenders. Surely you must understand how sensitive a topic this is to the peoples of the kingdom so soon after the crimson dragon invasions? That, combined with the assault upon on the capital in the aftermath held off by Casca's elite jailers has cast Casca as the heroic defender against a dangerous and heavily armed Zento rebellion. I worrry the events of tonight may serve to harden views on both sides.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waves of Orcs and undead? Those were summoned by Casca himself. Did you not see him say "I will now summon my hoards of undead minions....."

Up in the northern deserts there are a few undead and orcs, but they are in very small bands and never come into the city proper. Tokuno doesn't have ancient liches, or exodus minions, or terathan matriarchs either. I think everyone could see for himself what Casca is able to summon. No "normal" king would have the magic powers to summon those type of creatures. Only a "king" working with the shadowlords would have the power to do what he did tonight.

If this didn't prove to you that no one is safe under his rule I don't know what will. Those who follow him blindly will surely die, and this saddens me greatly. There are great forces of evil at work here.

Thank you to those who came to fight by our side and defend our wonderful city. If Zento had fallen who knows what might have come next, Luna perhaps. People driven by power and greed seldom stop at one country. History has shown this to be true. The people of the Tokuno Islands who call this our home, have no desire for power. Our Empress has no desire to own lands beyond her own. We only wish to be free from the tyranny of the pretender King, and welcome anyone who also wishes a safe place away from the evil doings of Casca.

We do not embrace war, but when it comes to our homeland, we will fight with every last breath in our beings to protect it.

Thank you friends for standing with us against Casca, when he comes knocking on your doorsteps, we will do the same for you.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw no summoning - only that they invaded where the defenses were already weakened by his advance. I fear that "eye witness" claims by that he personally summoned them are consistent with rebellious propaganda - perhaps even an ambush staged by dark forces amongst the defenders that would explain how the king's force was so quickly overpowered.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
screen shots or it didn't happen.

srsly, I wanna see screen shots!

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think everyone last night saw with there own eyes what kind of king Casca really is. Any king that can summon up ancient liches, or exodus minions, or terathan matriarchs & shadow wyrms none of these creatures dwell in our lands he must have evil working within him . We didn't bring war to his land he can't say the same he did bring war to our peaceful land.... The people of zento would like to thank all those who stood up and helped defend our peaceful land from the evil Casca and his minions of evil . To let our defenders know our court has put forth an order that Casca is to be arrested and tried for war crimes against the people of the Tokuno Islands.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are a few pics per Blesh request. The first being the original brigand spawns entering Zento, followed by the main battle that occured at the bank, last being a standoff with a jailor at the gates of Blackthornes Castle. :p

/sigh

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
off topic here, when i sneeze, i make this noise that sounds like "BLESH-TOO'"

;p

love you bleshticals

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
off topic here, when i sneeze, i make this noise that sounds like "BLESH-TOO'"

;p

love you bleshticals

i'm just sad because no one wants to post pics of the event, and i really wanna see some :(

N

NewThunder

i'm just sad because no one wants to post pics of the event, and i really wanna see some :(
You could have logged in that evening, rather than live vicariously through others to get your UO Fix.

R

RichDC

I didnt take Pics, but what fun...Casca was terrified at the end declaring a full retreat!!!

There were dark forces at work...even one of his comrades bade him to summon his most powerful of minions(lord Pax???)

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could have logged in that evening, rather than live vicariously through others to get your UO Fix.
thunder, really, just go away. dont hate on me becuase i decided to close my accounts. its better than still handing my money over to ea AND being a bitter hag about everything i hate about the game, like some people do.

and even if my accounts were active, what if i wasnt able to log in? i would still want the screenshots. your troll is invalid and ********, ffs just go away.

S

Sorcon Gartius

Damn Thunder, why the hate? At least she's interested in what is going on in the game... I have multiple active accounts and don't even bother to log in.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
see what I mean ... Zento was crawling with more dragons than destard! Those people simply can't be up to any good.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn Thunder, why the hate? At least she's interested in what is going on in the game... I have multiple active accounts and don't even bother to log in.
Lol. Thats Thunder for you. He just loves to hate a game he pays for every month. I cant remember the last time he was positive about UO. Silly kiddo.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
P.S. I would have single handedly owned all them dragons! I may have lost billions in insurance, but i'd have got them bastards!

N

NewThunder

P.S. I would have single handedly owned all them dragons! I may have lost billions in insurance, but i'd have got them bastards!
No you wouldn't have "owned" them, the dragons were all player tames, so even if you had wanted to help Casca and defeat the dragons you would not have been able to Agro them.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
see what I mean ... Zento was crawling with more dragons than destard! Those people simply can't be up to any good.
Dragons just wanna have fun sir. Just out for a fun game of who can lead thier owner into the most diabolical situation and have them die.

I am not in any of the pics so they must be bogus :D Because I R the sexxxiest tamer in these lands. At least Omni and Sorc let me think so :thumbsup:

Btw, how did some of those tamers die anyways ? ;)

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Blesh were still playing, we would not only have amazing screen shots, but we'd have a you tube video of the whole event set to awsome music. :(

We miss you Blesh and your technical know how.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No you wouldn't have "owned" them, the dragons were all player tames, so even if you had wanted to help Casca and defeat the dragons you would not have been able to Agro them.
Lol Im sorry. Relax.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol Im sorry. Relax.

who are you to say he couldn't have thunder? maybe Omni is just that f*ckin awesome.

oh and Omni, Pariah says he wants to pk you. :(

even though neither of you have active accounts :/

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gawd, pariah PKs me one time and he thinks he could always! Well, I could never kill him though, but he ran alot.