• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The cheaters are rewarded again!

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The horse race event was so poorly handled, it's laughable. Really, great job.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This post probably belongs on Atlantic or Atlantic EM Forums.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was their i should have gotten slowest player cuz i run as fast as fast as most walk ...

He won because he was naked.. and had less wind resistance. heh

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The track was great and fun to run. If the Em could have totally controlled who crossed into the track it would have been fine. If he also had a few spotters to stop the short cut takers it would have been awesome. If the Em would have had a track like the one on LS it would have been epic.

If after the race the Em actually spoke to those he over looked many, many times... Being 4 legged but not actually on horse I was not allowed in the actual race. Next time EM, I will be a uni... :)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was their i should have gotten slowest player cuz i run as fast as fast as most walk ...

He won because he was naked.. and had less wind resistance. heh
Remember Cecil Turtle's explanation to Bugs about "wind resistance"? Total excuse. He was the original speedhacker!

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He also won because, ya know, he didnt actually do the race and just stayed in the back until the final lap.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The track was great and fun to run. If the Em could have totally controlled who crossed into the track it would have been fine. If he also had a few spotters to stop the short cut takers it would have been awesome. If the Em would have had a track like the one on LS it would have been epic.

If after the race the Em actually spoke to those he over looked many, many times... Being 4 legged but not actually on horse I was not allowed in the actual race. Next time EM, I will be a uni... :)
Argh, I hate that. How big was the track, and was it pure running around? After a couple of years, I gave up on JP Morgan's annual "corporate challenge" in Central Park for that reason. It's bad enough that pure walkers gather at the front and block the way for runners, but what infuriated me the most were those who cut corners.

What I'd do is a course involving temporary moongates as a type of checkpoint. Start off at, say, some point in Yew's guard zone, and only when the race starts does the EM say which directions to run to. To start the race, instruction are given to run in certain straight directions, for example, east, north, east, north, west, west, south. Racers go straight west to discover the cyan moongate, which takes them to a spot in Britain. After running straight north, racers see another moongate, which brings them to a spot in Minoc, and so on. All locations would be kept secret to prevent cheating. Perhaps there could be a box to double-click and get a non-transferable token (with a decay timer) as evidence that toon did visit the spot. Anyone claiming to be a winner would be snooped to ensure all the spots were visited.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Zog, we actually had a race almost exactly like that on Chessie at a recent event. Ran all around Tokuno, right through all sorts of spawn, following "footprint"s to find the next gate. And to solve the problem of speed hackers, short cuts, etc, we were all grouped into one of four groups. Your entire group had to cross the finish line before it counted.

Pretty much it worked perfectly, with only one little hitch. :D (My group had a guy who must have been day 1 newbie, who died multiple times just walking, and who couldn't figure out how to run :p)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice, that sounds like it was fun and anti-cheater. No gates put in, say, the very back where yamandons spawn? :D I had thought of gates far outside town, where no player could accidentally stumble upon one, but some might not like dealing with overland spawn or running around obstacles.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pure Clusterf*** of an "event" Biggest troll of Atlantic pwned the EM's face with how he cheated and convinced the EM he won. If nothing else, a crash course for poor EM Balthazar on what to expect during Atlantic events.

It would have been fun if there was a way to let everyone get a chance to race.