• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Character Who Can Cast All Spells

• Thread starter Sigfried McGreed
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sigfried McGreed

I remember some time ago a template or two which could cast every spell in the game. Is there any use to this or is it entirely unpractical?

Thanks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magery, Chiv, Bushido, Ninja, Spellweaver, Necro? To be able to cast all spells you'd have to have it high enough that maybe you could have 60 points in meditation?

Seems like a useless template to me.

S

Sigfried McGreed

Seems so. At one time there were of course less spells, so it wasn't so spread out. This would never work in PVP, but I wondered if a PVM/RP player might pull it off just for fun.

S

Sigfried McGreed

Oh, and I guess I wouldn't call Bushido and Ninjitsu "spells." Just the wizardly mage-like stuff, like magery, spellweaving, necromancy maybe?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and I guess I wouldn't call Bushido and Ninjitsu "spells." Just the wizardly mage-like stuff, like magery, spellweaving, necromancy maybe?
If you take just those 3 (why not Chivalry?) and add the two supporting skills, Evaluate Intelligence and Spirit Speak, then your at 5 primary skills. If all are legendary that is 600 skill points. I suppose you could with Jewelry (and the necromancer totem and midnight bracers) get at the least 60 to 75 additional skill points.

Giving you about 160 to 175 skill points. You probably need to put them into Meditation to 120 and the rest to Focus for the additional Mana Regen.

You can model this character fairly easily on TC1 (Test Center 1).

set int max allowed (example set int 125)
set str to remaining stat points minus a hand full for dex

set magery 1200
set evalint 1200
set necromancy 1200
set spiritspeak 1200
set spellweaving 1200 (you will need to complete the quest as the Spellweaving enable gate is not in Britain)
set meditation something (you will change both of these later)
set focus to something

now, at a bank, say give arties.

Get the Necromancer Totem and the Midnight Bracers. Put em on. Set Necromancy down to allow for the (25?) skill points the items have, then set Spirit Speak down 10 for the same reason (push the real skill button so you can get the number right).

Now finish your armor set. Note anything that added skill points in the skills your modeling and make the real skill point adjustment downward accordingly.

Get the spell books from the Magery container in the bank box. You may have anted to make sure you did a 100% LRC suit or just make a Resource Bag for Magery and Necromancy.

Then take the Rune Book with the precast runes in it to Despise and work your way down to the Ogre Lords. You should get a fair feel for the Spells vs Environment by the time your down with the Ogre Lords and have killed a few. If you did the spellweaving quest then charm an Ogre Lord and go play with the Cyclops in Despise to get yet another aspect of the character.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember some time ago a template or two which could cast every spell in the game. Is there any use to this or is it entirely unpractical?

Thanks.
You can have a necro/mage with spellweaving but it is more of a PvM type of template than a PvP one. Basic one is necro-mage for PvP.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For PVM, the Necro-Mage-Weaver maximizes the summons you can use:

3 animates
2 EV's
1 Nature's Fury

The summons along with spammed Wither works very well at the first three levels of a champ spawn. It's a tight template and I use soulstones and items to customize. My basic template is:

120 Magery
115 Eval
115 Med
120 Necro
120 SS
100 Spellweave
and then have GM Inscrip, 107ish Resist, or 90ish Wrestle on soulstones.

I am thinking of soulstoning the Eval and putting Resist back, and rely on summons alone for Offense and WoD at the end. By not casting direct spell damage, I am seldom targeted and I believe the monsters' AI targetes the highest Eval present (?), which allows me to maximize my armor for SDI (wither and WoD), LMC and MR and not worry about high armor resists.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always try to specialize. Then you are most efficient and powerful. If you cram too many skills into one character, you are forced to search for expensive high-end equipment, which is quite difficult. Besides, it takes A LOT of practicing to handle so many spells efficiently.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magery, Chiv, Bushido, Ninja, Spellweaver, Necro? To be able to cast all spells you'd have to have it high enough that maybe you could have 60 points in meditation?

Seems like a useless template to me.
You left out Mysticism...

I think it would be pretty to build an effective character with all of those. The main problem is Necro Requires Spirit Speak which does not compliment any other spell group. Med, Focus are good for everything so the beneficial effects are shared. I've tried several combo casting templates and for the most part I feel it's just better to go to Legendary in one discipline. However having a little Chiv to use Remove Curse is handy so your mage doesn't have to eat apples all the time.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always try to specialize. Then you are most efficient and powerful. If you cram too many skills into one character, you are forced to search for expensive high-end equipment, which is quite difficult. Besides, it takes A LOT of practicing to handle so many spells efficiently.
Great summary.