• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The BS that is after idoc house placement

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what a load of BS, i mean seriously

there are 3 of us at a keep site hidden and trying to place, after an hour of trying i am on the BS placing waiting timer crap. the others are prob too!!

2 hours wasted, 1 hr trying to place, this last hour waiting for the timer to reset as i have tried to many times???

Lets please look at the housing situation, i can only speak for Europa, VERY FEW PEOPLE place anymore, there are 18x18 spaces all over the place including TRAMMEL, the scripter that was [name removed], look well and truely gone nobody buys so can we now address the placing situation?

To stop idoc raiders crying about inst placing ok, the randon delay i guess will stay, but can we lose the stupid placement timer rule.

i used to select the first page of the 3 storey plot and drop in one of them as quick as possible to secure the site and resize later...

oh no thats no good either as you have also placed a 1 hour delay on that, so of course you get the rats place a 7x7 to block you and demand a fee to drop, so that wont work either

erm.....

are there we go, someone has placed the keep while i am still on the delay timer, 2 hours wasted, i could have done so much more with my limited 2 hr game time this evening

and yet i HAVE STILL GOT THE TIMED DELAY thats over an hour now??????

So on the RARE occasion that a keep or castle should fall it is totally random and totally crap that you cannot place quickly, you cannot try to place quickly to beat the other stealthers? once you get slapped with the delay timer you cannot place for, well over an hour

so where is the fun in that?????? this is a poorly thought out idea, and like the poor Bag Of Sending idea that was supposed to beat scripters and has been reverted, can this be addressed please?

i have been back a month, love hunting but also really enjoy idocs, and have been exposed to this dumb system twice, and it does nothing but leave a bad taste in the mouth

OH and while you are looking into this, i have been told that there is a script out there that allows stealthers to walk the land and it will notify you what it has found, not sure how but maybe you can look into this somehow

trust me any more that 1.5/2hrs looking and you are not there, NO-ONE can handle more than that looking at house signs:)

so Chrissy EA, please let me know what if anything can be done, non idoc placers need not reply

and another thing:) the person that placed his new keep 20 mins ago has not moved an inch and is still hidden? can't imagine what is going on there.......................

so to recap

script placers......................................................................................stopped by random timer
quick legal placers............................................................................... stopped by restircting placement attempts tried in quick succession
script placers that place and dont move when plot goes in..........................nothing

scripters EVOLVE to beat the system and the good people here alway lose out

so what is the latest script now, set it up so i tries to place once a min (or whatever time will not activate the timer) continuoisly till the plot goes down after random timer stops????????????

so it guarantees beating anyone else especially if you get hit with the 1 hours you must try later BS system?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
here we go lets try and even the playing field before it get locked, sorry petra this needs to be seen

from the well known script site that is easy to find

the said auto find script description as printed.............

Ver 1.0 - Released 07NOV08

First off, thanks to everyone that's ever posted a script here. I've used plenty of them and referenced even more in trying to teach myself how to script. I've finally finished my first user friendly script for the general public!!

DATED NOV 08

This script is designed to record then playback your routes for checking houses that are decaying. You add your shards you check, books you use, runes you recall to and the path you take from each rune. If you use multiple computers or are in a guild of IDOCers, you can export your information so they can import it into their system.

For the running portion of the script, you have the options of using stealth, and animal form (for increased stealth speed). Any IDOCs will be marked with condition, time found and dropped into your IDOC books. You need at least 52.1 magery but 92 would be preferred for no fail mark casting. 50 Hiding and 80 stealth if stealthing. If using animal form, 90 ninjitsu. This script was designed to run with 92 Magery (protection on), 100 hide, 80 stealth, 110 ninjitsu for no failures. I added failure checking but I may have missed a spot or two...please let me know if I need to add error checking somewhere and I'll try to add it.

When the script is done running, you can run around the shard and receive a message if you run by a house the script didn't cover so you can mark a rune and add it to your route.

There are info buttons on every menu explaining the purpose of each button and menu. All in all, I believe this to be a pretty friendly and simple interface. Just click the INFO buttons on each screen to get information or instructions. If anyone would like the full blown instructions online, let me know and I'd be glad to draft them up.

I would like to give thanks specifically to Spewy and Aganor - Spewy: I used your sub checkyesnobuttons within my script. It's a great sub and probably something that would have taken me forever to figure out. Aganor: I used your execute cmd.exe /c echo #result >> !SCO_TextFile line from your ContainerExplorer script. I never would have figured out how to export my global variables if it wasn't for that script.

Hope everyone likes the script. Please let me know what you think!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And of course the suspected script placed keep will surely be on europa stratic trade in the next hour

so it seems one scripter leaves, possible replaced by another

the simple question, is why didn't he move for 20 mins after he placed his keep, not even to go inside where it is safe? how odd..........

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow there are many, MANY, idoc related scripts here, wow seeing as it is not being enforced let sall get them, at least we will all be equal, who cares about game legality anyway???????

CHRISSY EA, is this really what you want????????????? are you all going to do nothing to stop this?

you bring a system in to stop cheats, the cheats evolve and overcome your obsticles, the legal players fall behind, and you do nothing.....

NICE:)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*goes to get a glass of whine*

seeing as no one reads this it will quickly fall away , out of sight so the devs can forget about the problem, like so many other play styles

idocs over for another day, sadly another keeps falls in a few days, i bet i know who gets it :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He got heart attack IRL?
LOL nope, he got killed by another disgruntled idocer and after another 5 ins of so of no moveent runs off to get ress'ed adn collects his things and disappears into the keep

sadly the idoc changes have not worked, but tbh, not surprised

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It get soooooo tiring complaining about scripts cheats, these peeps do affect our game

why oh WHY, can't mutli million pound EA employ a TEAM, lots and lot of people, to enforce, watch remove and KILL the cheats

or at least see something through.......

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He got heart attack IRL?
LOL nope, he got killed by another disgruntled idocer and after another 5 ins of so of no moveent runs off to get ress'ed adn collects his things and disappears into the keep

sadly the idoc changes have not worked, but tbh, not surprised
Actually it puts regular players nearly on par with scripters. I got a castle 2-3 months ago, and was at a castle fall last week, I missed it but a non scripting friend got it. I don't think anyone there was scripting, actually. I might have gotten the spot but I was on the timer (btw its 5 minutes not an hour for the tool cool down). If you have more than one account that you can place on, if you accidentally get a hot tool just log that account out and log in the other one and try.

I usually do best counting to 10 in-between attempts. I wait till 30 minutes after the fall to even bother trying to place, and I skip trying to place at keeps for the most part, so it's really not very often that I have to sit for an hour trying to place.

It really isn't a bad system, and in fel at least you can pk anyone who is trying to place for an hour using a script - btw why *did* you guys let that script placer just sit there? Too busy trying to get the spot? That may have been a tactical error. :p

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the random timer is a great idea ... of course I'm never there to place, so doesn't really matter to me. :) I'm glad the timer is there, I always hated when they placed and dragged everything immediately. =/

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the random timer is a great idea ... of course I'm never there to place, so doesn't really matter to me. :) I'm glad the timer is there, I always hated when they placed and dragged everything immediately. =/
Damn... this all sounds very stupid... where is the good old days where you had to clear all the stuff before you could place? That was fun...

I remember smacking down 4 small houses to get my first tower spot.. that was back when each char could own a house :)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like jack has started this tread to talk with himself :next: :coco:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
seems that idocers do like the placement delay, this is not what i have a prob with

i think it is unfair that you can hide, run a script and let it place for u and aviod the timer

sadly sarsmi it was an hour not 5 mins

oh, lol and we did not know he was scripting this time around.............

R

RD Gumbie

My friend placed the keep and I will be selling it. As for not going into the keep for safety, its a naked guy with nothing on him and he didnt die so what was the need to go in the keep. What is sorta funny is Muck got so steamed at him he took a count (WHILE STILL GREY) so your 5 mins approx was a little off cause the timer of being grey after a kill is 2 mins. Try luring a monster on him next time or bring a red and you would see him run into the keep.

The timer for placing is great because it prevented macroers from placing. It is a bit too long now cause in places like Luna peps notice the crowd and at the end you have 10x the people that were there at the fall and then its just crazy. But you cant just run something that places instantly when the house sign is gone (although I've seen quite a few people beat scripters by using the last target macro as soon as they see the house fall).

Now like Sarsmi says you try like hell for a little time untill your tool wears out then try like hell on a 2nd char if you own a 2nd comp while your tool kools down. Sounds like you didnt give it time to kool down and kept it heated up.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I know I'm a UO addict, and I bought a laptop so I can be at two different idocs at the same time (along with getting timers). Being in two places at once is a handy thing, and I can't believe it took me this long to do this. Maybe people think that's wrong, I dunno. But, I know that the person who placed the keep today placed on his laptop, while we were at Harrower today. He kept going "afk" at the harrower, probably because he was busy on his laptop placing. And when you saw him not moving around at the keep, he was busy at the harrower. *shrugs* I dunno if that hurts his case, or helps it, really, I'm just tired of the accusations. But that's my two cents.

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say best just be happy it's so eminently possible to obtain a keep, castle, 18x18 or other [insert dream house here] these days.

*thinks back to selling 7x7s in sub-prime locations for 4m*

The more "hardcore" (ie: willing to cheat if they think they can get away with it) player will always win*. Sometimes they don't even use any necessarily illegal tools to win either. In fact the reason most people hate IDOCs is that even the honest IDOC hunters have many techniques down that aren't immediately apparent to the newbie IDOCer.

Basically though, with scripting, so long as you're there to the extent that you'll answer a GM's page if they check on you, then you're safe.

I'm sure plenty of IDOCers load up their script (possibly even a custom made program, which even genuine punkbuster style protection would not spot - it's not at all hard!), put UO into the corner of the screen or onto a second monitor, and sit back and watch TV/Movie, chat with people they give a **** about, or play games that they actually enjoy, and wait for their new keep or castle to pop up on screen.

Sad, but surely people know the score by now?

*Well, not always, you yourself Jack and other fair playing IDOCers are proof that this is not the case, and a skilled hand can beat a scripter any day of the week, but you also know full well about what goes on.

IDOCs are by far and away the biggest invitation for cheating I've EVER seen, in any game, ever. Hmm let's drop a HUGE pile of rares, cash, and property, for anyone to pick up, at a specific time, operating on the basis of fastest "finger" first. As if it wasn't always going to be ruled by scripters.

Personally I liked my proposal from years back which was that if a building falls, the contents would be auctioned off (via automated ingame system) to the highest bidder, and then finally the property auctioned off in the exact same way. Best goldsink ever, IDOC whiners stop crying, everyone gets a fair chance at the house of their dreams. Everybody's happy, you would think, but actually my suggestion was shot down by all the IDOCers who couldn't stand the idea that their cash cow be removed.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Come to origin you can place 7 or more keeps in fel and three or four in tram !!

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grumbie, your house next to the madmonk idoc, talk me through the barrel emptying and why there were water jugs flying everywhere across my screen while i watched the house???

very strange, oh wait, that was your friend too i bet
You do know that waterbarrels do not block house placement right? They disapear when someone attempts to place a house. So what do waterbarrels have to do with anything ?

W

wee papa smurf

I bet this was the keep that fell and no-one could place for hours afterwards on Europa :)
:thumbsup:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do know that waterbarrels do not block house placement right? They disapear when someone attempts to place a house. So what do waterbarrels have to do with anything ?
yip, i think somebody was filling the barrels on his fron step to hide the backpacks he was hoping to fill when the idoc fell or something

of course you can use ctrl shift but he looked kinda happy doing it:)

R

RD Gumbie

Grumbie, your house next to the madmonk idoc, talk me through the barrel emptying and why there were water jugs flying everywhere across my screen while i watched the house???

very strange, oh wait, that was your friend too i bet
So 1st I was empting Barrels and next im filling them? you need to get your story strait bud. So I really don't know what to tell you.

I was the one emptying them, figured it was you with the barrels but it was some other lamer must be. Soultigger or Farret Follower.

When you move anything in your backpack now it shows up on screen for other players and sometimes shows it moving in the air. You really need to know what is going on before you start accusing people of stuff. Have a friend watch you empty barrels while your hidden into 60 pitchers of water and ask him what it looks like.

And again, I wasnt there yesterday, so I had no chars there, my friend was there and wants me to sell it cause I sell keeps and castles. PM me if you have anymore questions and if you need the keep, im sure we can work something out 15 mil OBO and you already have a rune there :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a hidden char was filling them, and there was someone else, seems you emptying them and moving them, thats what i saw

HOWEVER, i have deleted most of my posts after your pm's and slao, i have trusted people in this game vouching for you, so , it end this i will listen to them, of course we will cross paths in the future i am sure:)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were trying to place a house in Fel and you didn't kill off the competition? :coco:

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can tell this thread was created by a scripter. A poor scripter but a scripter anyhow. all the good scripters have figured out to change the timer on their script. As for chicky babe do you even play any more the last time i seen you i left you dead at an IDOC.

G

georgemarvin2001

In Fel, you have to be crafty or you'll get killed while you're trying to place at an IDOC. Anybody just standing there would get revealed and killed in a matter of seconds on Atlantic. I'm hidden, but I'm moving around to stay out of range of the people who are constantly running around revealing. But its oh so satisfying to place right under the noses of a couple dozen (Big Atlantic PvP guild) members. Looks like Europa is more civilized if somebody managed to stay hidden, just standing there in one spot, long enough to place a large house without getting killed.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It get soooooo tiring complaining about scripts cheats, these peeps do affect our game

why oh WHY, can't mutli million pound EA employ a TEAM, lots and lot of people, to enforce, watch remove and KILL the cheats

or at least see something through.......
Well... some of it is implemented into new half-baked projects and content for the more "modern" games. Rest is kept in the pockets.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not that this will ever happen, but i'd be quite content with idocs just vanishing.. loot and all. why not? okay so a few rare one-of-a-kind items will go poof... well, that's pretty unlikely. even guildstones don't go for -that- much gold.

yes, many problems would be fixed if it all just vanished. it would also help the economy by removing gold and items from the game. it'd be a renewable source of economy growth.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it puts regular players nearly on par with scripters. I got a castle 2-3 months ago, and was at a castle fall last week, I missed it but a non scripting friend got it. I don't think anyone there was scripting, actually. I might have gotten the spot but I was on the timer (btw its 5 minutes not an hour for the tool cool down). If you have more than one account that you can place on, if you accidentally get a hot tool just log that account out and log in the other one and try.

I usually do best counting to 10 in-between attempts. I wait till 30 minutes after the fall to even bother trying to place, and I skip trying to place at keeps for the most part, so it's really not very often that I have to sit for an hour trying to place.

It really isn't a bad system, and in fel at least you can pk anyone who is trying to place for an hour using a script - btw why *did* you guys let that script placer just sit there? Too busy trying to get the spot? That may have been a tactical error. :p
The last time I tried to place a castle some "guys" had a house in front of the castle, approx 7 players inside the house of which 6 trying to place. One character in the corner where your spells couldn't hit him ressing the other 6 one by one..

I'll allow everyone to draw their own conclusions ;)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How the heck could they even see where to target, being so far away?

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple solution:

IDOC falls, same loot festival as always but that location will get covered with trees, rocks etc (becoming unplacable location for any size).

After the fall/elimination of possibilities to place at the location, a new RANDOM location somewhere on the map will be cleared that will accomodate the original size IDOC'd home or smaller. IE: Castle falls creates a new location that will accomodate Castle or any other smaller home. 7x7 falls, only a 7x7 can place in the new RANDOM location created.

This type of system will create a new means to make people explore the entire map once again. Eliminates the concerns of an IDOC Scripted Placment. Makes IDOCr's happy still due to not losing out on the Rares/Gold Etc that can be scavanged at the IDOC!

This is just an idea that I had come up in my mind after reading this post. I'm sure it will get bashed apart by some folks and praised by others. But my point is this: I am not a programmer and the idea took me about 5 minutes top think up. A properly paid and educated programmer working for a company like that who runs UO should have a simple solution they can implement.

Just my 2cents as I lurk:gee:

S

Salya Sin

Simple solution:

IDOC falls, same loot festival as always but that location will get covered with trees, rocks etc (becoming unplacable location for any size).

After the fall/elimination of possibilities to place at the location, a new RANDOM location somewhere on the map will be cleared that will accomodate the original size IDOC'd home or smaller. IE: Castle falls creates a new location that will accomodate Castle or any other smaller home. 7x7 falls, only a 7x7 can place in the new RANDOM location created.

This type of system will create a new means to make people explore the entire map once again. Eliminates the concerns of an IDOC Scripted Placment. Makes IDOCr's happy still due to not losing out on the Rares/Gold Etc that can be scavanged at the IDOC!

This is just an idea that I had come up in my mind after reading this post. I'm sure it will get bashed apart by some folks and praised by others. But my point is this: I am not a programmer and the idea took me about 5 minutes top think up. A properly paid and educated programmer working for a company like that who runs UO should have a simple solution they can implement.

Just my 2cents as I lurk:gee:

Ohhh... I like that! Good idea.. they won't do it! But it's good!

On the other hand.. I don't understand why they don't free up the castle/keep restrictions in areas where there is NOTHING! Malas... Tokuno... all dead spaces on Napa!