• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Brit List: Ten Extremely Misunderstood British Foods

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could go for some Steak and Kidney pie, now.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
hrmm...

Calf fries, chicken fried bacon, menudo, rattle snake, anything from the Texas State Fair..., I will think of some others from Texas while at work.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Gumbo, boudin, etouffee, jambalaya . . . that's what I remember growing up.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poor sods. No cheesesteaks for you! :p

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made homemade Jambalaya a few times, and it's been delicious.
I'd love to taste authentic, though. I'm under no illusions that anything I've cobbled together in the kitchen comes close to the genuine article.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have an Indian food place in Newcastle where the curry is so hot if you can eat it all and stomach it you don't have to pay. The people I was staying with while there told me enough horror stories of dumb travelers trying it that I didn't dare. I've eaten haggis and deep fried mars bars though, and other strange things in other places. It's typically a lot easier if you concentrate on taste rather than what's actually in it.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my favourite foods is a mixed kebab from a certain local takeaway.
I know there's a huge likelihood that if I knew what was in it, I'd never eat another. Not knowing lets me play the "It's delicious and hasn't killed me yet" card.

For curry, Rogan Josh all the way.
Flavour's more important than how much it hurts ;)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of my favourite foods is a mixed kebab from a certain local takeaway.
I know there's a huge likelihood that if I knew what was in it, I'd never eat another. Not knowing lets me play the "It's delicious and hasn't killed me yet" card.

For curry, Rogan Josh all the way.
Flavour's more important than how much it hurts ;)
Thats for sure. Also go to any good spanish place for the jambalya but its best if you find a nice ole cajun or creole place for it.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a whole lot of that sort of stuff going on in England, and I'd wager it probably wouldn't be an authentic recipe if I found some :(

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a whole lot of that sort of stuff going on in England, and I'd wager it probably wouldn't be an authentic recipe if I found some :(
You might be able to get it at a Spanish place but thats less likely. Sorry.