Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brit List: Ten Extremely Misunderstood British Foods

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Taylor, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Taylor

Taylor Sexier Than you VIP Stratics Supporter Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus

2. kelmo

kelmo Stratics Legend Stratics Pro Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus

*blinks*

3. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess Staff Alumnus

I could go for some Steak and Kidney pie, now.

4. kelmo

kelmo Stratics Legend Stratics Pro Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus

hrmm...

Calf fries, chicken fried bacon, menudo, rattle snake, anything from the Texas State Fair..., I will think of some others from Texas while at work.

Mirt likes this.
  5. Taylor

Taylor Sexier Than you VIP Stratics Supporter Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus

Gumbo, boudin, etouffee, jambalaya . . . that's what I remember growing up.

Mirt likes this.
  6. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable

Poor sods. No cheesesteaks for you! :p

7. RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart Visitor

I'd be willing to at least try each of those, except for the Baby Gaga Ice Cream. That's just.. no.

8. Cirno

I've made homemade Jambalaya a few times, and it's been delicious.
    I'd love to taste authentic, though. I'm under no illusions that anything I've cobbled together in the kitchen comes close to the genuine article.

9. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper Stratics Veteran Staff Alumnus Stratics Legend

They have an Indian food place in Newcastle where the curry is so hot if you can eat it all and stomach it you don't have to pay. The people I was staying with while there told me enough horror stories of dumb travelers trying it that I didn't dare. I've eaten haggis and deep fried mars bars though, and other strange things in other places. It's typically a lot easier if you concentrate on taste rather than what's actually in it.

10. Cirno

One of my favourite foods is a mixed kebab from a certain local takeaway.
    I know there's a huge likelihood that if I knew what was in it, I'd never eat another. Not knowing lets me play the "It's delicious and hasn't killed me yet" card.

For curry, Rogan Josh all the way.
    Flavour's more important than how much it hurts ;)

11. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable

Thats for sure. Also go to any good spanish place for the jambalya but its best if you find a nice ole cajun or creole place for it.

12. Cirno

Not a whole lot of that sort of stuff going on in England, and I'd wager it probably wouldn't be an authentic recipe if I found some :(

13. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable

You might be able to get it at a Spanish place but thats less likely. Sorry.