• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Book of Zen, Episode Five: Witch's Facet (Answer the quiz, win an Imp!)

Z

Zen(Europa)

<a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=uoeuropa&Number=1807927&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=1&part=>Episode One: The Disappearance of Kofu... </a>

<a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=3&Board=uoeuropa&Number=1812306&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Episode Two: A Dark Plot Unveiled... </a>

<a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=3&Board=uoeuropa&Number=1826087&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Episode Three: Council Chaos... </a>

<a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=3&Board=uoeuropa&Number=1841679&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Episode Four: A Rude Awakening </a>

Episode Five: Witch's Facet

Extract from the book of Kofu, lovingly transcribed, and somewhat embellished, by Barian.

In the beginning there was Kofu, the One, who in Sosaria was called Da King. First He created Wallet, and gave unto it boundless wealth. And long He dwelt upon the endless song of coin against coin, and was pleased. And from their delicate melody He brought forth the stars, that their tender light should shine upon His heavenly wealth. Henceforth, thought came unto Him, and from thought, word, and the word was commerce. And verily He caused to be a world of men, such that their trade and barter would be as sweet worship unto Him. Thus came, Sosaria...

Philosophers have conjectured that the existence of Kofu's Wallet alone is proof beyond reasonable doubt of dimensions beyond our own. For they theorise that its mass is such, that were it to entirely exist in this dimension then its incalculable gravity would cause the very universe to implode upon itself.

Kofu's Wallet is truly stuff of legend, and even to this day small tribes of tattooed, bone-wielding pigmian monks sit atop lonely mountain ridges chanting the words "Koooofuuuu... Waaalleeet...." religiously in the hope that some faint glimmer of inner enlightenment, if not wealth, will be forthcoming.

In the depths of the largest ethereal bank container ever known in the existence of mankind, lay Kofu's Wallet, pulsating sporadically. Wallet wasn't happy. It had become accustomed to it's master's weekly stroking, so was more than just a little miffed about his recent, apparent lack of attention.

Kofu's Wallet assuming a rather bloated leathery expression, pondered to itself "Fiddlesticks! Being a self-aware, inter-dimensional entity is all well and good, but if I cant get a good tickle every now and then, then what's the point?!", and continued to pout some more for good measure.

Wallet's inter-dimensional sulking was beginning to have a negative effect on facet stability across the shards. People had been experiencing problems opening portals, and facet travel was becoming a tad unpredictable. Eventually, Wallet's demand for attention got the better of it leading to a big stinky, leathery fit, causing inter-facet ripples to cascade through land.

For a brief moment, everything froze, as if being subjected to some kind of mysterious time lag. Facet gates around the land started to shudder violently, and then with a sudden loud pop and a strange, sickly slipping sensation, both facets merged into one.

In the newly merged facet, houses started to appear on top of each other, collapsing instantly, and spreading the contents for all to loot. The trees looked even odder, with leaves on one side but none on the other. Shouts of "I 0wnz3r j00 7r@m n3wb f00" were heard everywhere, intermingled with pleas of "Desist! Thou art a foul murding dog. Be off with you lest you feel the lash of my tongue!"

Meanwhile, in Deceit Elder Gazer room, Lord Max Power had been doing a spot of hunting. His pet dragons "a" and "b" were lashing into gazers by the dozen, whilst Lord Max Power lounged on his mobile throne, eating sandwiches from a small wooden chest marked 'Crafted with Exception Quality by Valfreyja'.

Lord Max Power was somewhat startled by the disconcerting wobbliness of the space-time around him, then even more so by the unexpected appearance of "The Murderer" Nisma.

"I dunno what the world is coming to!" ranted Nisma. "You sit there on yer bloody stool eating your damned Valfreyja sandwiches while yer fecking pets do all the bloody hard work for you! What kind of world do you think we are living in?!"

Lord Max Power gaped slightly, drawing half a breath as if to speak before being abruptly interrupted again.

"Now, I've nothing against you having your own style, but for fecks sake you could at least take a fecking interest! You don't catch me just sitting back and telling my mace to go ALL KILL do ya?! Frankly it's makes me fecking sick. I've shat more effort out of my arse than you put into your fecking hunting!"

Lord Max Power rose half out of his chair in amazement before being soundly mulletted around the skull with a large magical war hammer of vanquishing.

Nisma took a moment to laugh evilly at Lord Max Power's death, before rummaging though his victim's belongings.

"oooOOOOOOoooo" protested Lord Max Power feebly, as Nisma retrieved several valuable spangley items from Lord Max Power's lifeless corpse.

"This just isn't on!", shouted Load Max Power, "I'm gonna call a GM!", he exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, but I don't speak in oooOOOooo", replied Nisma indifferently.

Raising his grey face up to the skies in outrage, Lord Max Power cried out for the intervention of the Gods, "Trammel & Felluca have merged, and I got killed by a murderer and lost all my things! Can I have them back please?!"

A rather nasally, female, receptionist-sounding voice replied in the back of his mind, "You are number 371 in the queue. Thank you for using our God-Direct(tm) communication service. We are sorry to keep you waiting. Your plea for help will be answered shortly. Press your left nipple to be have piped music while you wait, or your right one to cancel your plea for help. We value your existence and will try to have a lesser deity deal with your plea as soon as is godly possible. Have a nice day."

Ages seemed to pass as Lord Max Power waited for the numbers in his mind to count to 0. Finally a haughty-sounding lady's voice replied in his mind.

"Yes, what is it now?" snapped GM Xena.

"I just told you. Something's wrong with the facets. I got murdered in Trammel! All stuff stolen! I'm dead! Now WHAT are you going to do about it?!"

Lord Max Power heard a faint muffled murmuring as if Xena was consulting with another God "This guys got stuck and I haven't even finished painting my toe nails yet! He said something about facets??? What are they again? and PeeKay.. isn't that a brand of serial or something...??". A strange paper shuffling sound echoed in Lord Max Power's mind. Finally, Xena replied in the style of someone reading from a card prompt, "Peekays aren't allowed in Trammel, but seeing as I have no way of knowing the exact circumstance of your situation, I shall banish you both from the land forever. Have a nice day."

"Oh my God! The Facets are converging! Brace yourselves everyone!", shouted Orangebeard as the high council all slid through the portal vortex. "I can see an exit ahead. Jump for it !"

The High council all tumbled out of the portal exit, landing in a clump of tangled limbs. Close by was a sign post which read "Cross Roads - BEWARE!"

"What are you sad bunch doing here?" enquired Aloysius, frowning at the collective heap of babblers.

"We are on a quest to rescue Kofu from the evil clutches of the Imp Pimp", declared Barian defiantly. "What business is it of yours?"

"Well..." replied Aloysius, in a superior tone. "I find all this pretty lame. I think you all should get over a certain amount of things. Now you may ask me where is the credibility, and I should wage war over a simply kidnapping? Now of course you can say that I'm wrong and explain me why I'm wrong, or I may even ask the same question. But that doesn't make you look like somebody exemplary in terms of behaviour, tolerance, and second degree. I could even go on a rant about kidnapping, quests and other stuff or whatever. But if there's any advice I'd give away on this, I'd say sure guys don't be so stupid and superficial when there really is no matter to. Or then, be stuck-up and tight-assed all the way. It's both a matter of credibility and integrity, if you're in that kind of quest for gratification. Now, I could have asked why the heck you want to rescue Kofu, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't understand the exact reason."

The council members stared uncomprehendingly at Aloysius for a few moments, then noticed a tower with a sign above the door saying "Spectrum Witches Here!". The door to the tower opened, and out paraded a gaggle of large, bearded men wearing various coloured dresses.

"Well, hello there ladies" oozed Feersum, eyebrows wiggling coolly as he stepped forward to kiss the hand of each witch in turn.

"We r0xx3r j00, g@y f00s" cried Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pokerdot witches in deep manly voices.

"Ills takez yerz all onz withz me bare handz..." slurred Thymaval, waving a flask of Fairy Juice(tm) threateningly at the witches, but unfortunately pouring most of it over himself in the process.

"Now look at the mess you've made!" scolded Valfreyja, dabbing Thymaval's tunic with a frilly silk hanky.

Puffing her chest out in an effort to make her flashing neon Miss Britannia 2001 sash even more eye-catching, Cen stepped forward to face the witches, "Don't worry boys, there's time for all that later. Now all kneel and ej******* for me!".

"Wooohooo!!! Does this mean that I get to use my Super Indistructo Pie Cannon of Slayerage then?", snaffled Kas grinning cheekily. "And remember... PIE!!! It's what's for dinner!"

"I was looking forward to fighting someone!" cried McLeod, running feverishly round the witches as fast as his little leggies could carry him.

"We could fight.... ", challenged Suldrun hotly, "But just remember that if I loose then its no big deal..... and if I win.... then you'll have been beaten by a Trammel n00b!.... But come fight me anyway, it'll make you feel better!"

"It's okay everyone" asserted Orangebeard, "We spoke earlier about the witches giving us directions to Imperia. Remember?"

"I AM TRAMMEL!" boomed Dain, stepping forward and extending a hand of friendship to the witches.

"Ah yes, absolutely!" smiled back the witches, shaking each of the council members' hands feverishly. "Terribly spiffing to meet you all. We have frequented the Pot Shop regularly. Splendid chap that Kofu. Dashed bad luck him being kidnapped and all what! Now lets see. Imperia, it's not that far. In fact we have a map to the location just inside the house. Come in and I'll pop and get it for you".

Fatigued after all the excitement of the day, The Council Members accepted the witch's kind offer, and went inside the tower for some much needed tea and crumpets.

To be continued...

PIE??!! That'll be a pund!!!

My badge from the London Meet ;P<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Zen(Europa) on 06/23/01 11:17 AM.</FONT></P>

E

Elrik_Garin

Hahahaha....and still no real rescue for "Da King" in sight !

Lord Elrik Garin, {The Fallen Phoenix}

"Heroes will be forgotten - but legends never die !"

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Now just kneel and ej******* for me!

<hr></blockquote>

Regards,

LeBaiton

<center>
</center>

T

Tamryn

Absolute Class Zen!
I hope you're keeping copies of these somewhere other than the forum - it would be great to put them all together at the end.

Tamryn De Lacey (the Rich pancake)
Sharrow De Lacey (the Witch pancake)
and her bitchy sisters...

S

Sagonari

Another great story... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Are you keeping copies? The old ones will soon get deleted...

If you're not keeping copies, here they are: <a target="_blank" href=http://delfi.lyngbyes.dk/~s00d1019/BookofZen.htm>The Book of Zen: All Parts</a>. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

<center><font color=000080>What every MMOG needs:</font color=000080></center>
<center>
</center>
<center><font color=FFE7BA>Now also dragons, daemons and ogre lords!</font color=FFE7BA></center>

F

feersumx

* smirks * excellent m8 hehe - a long one that one :)

LIke the bit about the spectrum witches all with dresses and beards - alas just how i remember them :)

Z

Zen(Europa)

Nice one Sagonari!

I'm keeping copies in MS Word on disk.

Maybe Ill get around to putting them all on a web site when Ive finished them.

Thanks again :)

My badge from the London Meet ;P

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolute classic Zenner, just as the chapters preluding this one were. Yer really have a talent for writing these fabulous stories, I chortled my podge off. *grins* I await the next chapter with anticipation, go Zenner!! *winks*

Yours,
Kas Valentine.

<center>
</center><center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif<font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=Slacker>Adventures Of Fortune And Glory</a></font color=red> /php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif</center>

A

Andrietta

*laughs* Excellent stuff, Zen! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

C

Cen Brennah

Fantastic, I may have to read the rest!

<center><font color=CDAD00>Cen Brennah</font color=CDAD00> <font color=CDAD00>(StL)</font color=CDAD00></center>
<center><font color=BF3EFF>Cen Talaina<font color=BF3EFF> <font color=BF3EFF>Miss Britannia 2001!</font color=BF3EFF></center>

S

sburton84

*Picks up Kas' podge and hands it back to him*

<center>~~~
Sburton84 - 100% Anti-Trammel Grumbling Vet Extrordinaire

Dilbert Tries Out The Actions In The New UO:3D Client</center>

W

Wikkr

OIE wheres wiksy???????

<center>
</center>
<center>Vote The All Knowing Kas and Wikkr Posse</center>
I LOVE my Al'Cedra Gloves! i DO I DO I DOOOOOO

F

Falish

*almost falls of chair laughing, reading about the Wallet*

Really class! Keep it up Zen!
*hopes a new episode to be released soon*

Same Zen-time
Same Zen-forum /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

<center>Falish Lightblade, ex-UO player but still and ever
<font color=FFD700> Archduke and proud member of <a target="_blank" href=http://oeh.valoria.org>the Order of the Ebon Hand</a></font color=FFD700>
<font color=4682B4>Citizen of the township of <a target="_blank" href=http://www.valoria.org>Valoria</a></font color=4682B4>
</center>

W

Wikkr

*notices not one mention of Wikkr's attempt to steal Kofus wallet*

<center>
</center>
<center>Vote The All Knowing Kas and Wikkr Posse</center>
I LOVE my Al'Cedra Gloves! i DO I DO I DOOOOOO

K

Kofu

part 1 to 4 i marked as keep forever :)

oh btw the part Kane highlighted should be edited out .....

Very nice episode this one
cant wait to get vback home to read 6

<center>

<font color=blue>King Kofu - Founder of Valoria - Playerrun town on Europa

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sellin uber rare.......Book of Kofu..........unique item

<center><font color=blue>Barian</font color=blue>

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/roll.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif<font color=red> BarianTech™ Enterprises Inc /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/roll.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif
</center>

M

Mercadian

*laughs*
*wipes tears out of eyes*

*nods*

silly man...

*grins*

<center>
</center>

<center><font color=blue>Mercadian - Empress of E.A</font color=blue></center>

L

Laton@Europa

Hehe... Brilliant... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

<center>

<font color=blue>Laton {StL}, Ione {GYE}, Quinn {LB} and Rubra
Commander of the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/britanniaguards/index.htm>Britannia Guards</a></center></font color=blue>

T

Thymaval

ha! i liked it, and i was init, you sod! hehehe nice one mate

<center>
<a target="_blank" href=http://walk.to/kt>The Knights Templar</a>

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif Thymaval says there's a litte Wikkr in all of us, everybody get out quick!/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif</center>

Z

Zen(Europa)

Ok, so here's a little quiz...

1. Paragraph Two "In the beginning there was Kofu, the One..." is a parody of which book by a famous fantasy author.
a) Name of book?
b) Name of author?

2. Paragraph three "Philosophers have conjectured that the existence " was an accidenal plagiarism from a book by a famous science fiction author.
a) Name of book?
b) Name of author?

3. In which series of books does a usually inanimate object play a major role in a series of humoureous fantasy novels?
a) Name of series.
b) Name of author.
c) What was the object's name?

First person to post correct answers to all the questions will win a tamed Imp ;)

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A) Mein Kampf.
B) Adolf Hitler.

A) War Of The Worlds.
B) H.G Wells. (sounds like it anyway)

A) Discworld.
B) Terry Pratchett.
C) The Luggage, or Luggage?

I think I'm extremely wrong, but hell.

Yours,
Kas Valentine.

<center>
</center><center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif<font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=Slacker>Adventures Of Fortune And Glory</a></font color=red> /php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif</center>

Z

Zen(Europa)

*smiles*

Ok mate, you got one whole section correct. Not saying which one ;P

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's quite obvious which one you fecker. Since we're talking about literature, has anyone bought the new Nick Horby book? I've read 'About A Boy' and 'High Fidelity' but not 'Fever Pitch' because football bores me. I'm thinking I could be reading it before I return to Discworld, because I've just finished 'War Of The Worlds' by H.G Wells and need some thing to read!

Yours,
Kas Valentine,

<center>

Z

Zen(Europa)

*laughs*

I guess there arnt that many homourous fantasy series about when ya think about it.

;)

B

Bustywench

He must be off somewhere with me..../php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=008B8B><center>David Cedarwood - Mr Moonglow 2001
Rhiannon - Professional sidekick & Squire of GYE</font color=008B8B>
<font color=68228B> VETERAN NEWBIE - PERMANENT TRAMMELITE</font color=68228B></center>

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 sounds like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Late Great Douglas Adams
but I may be wrong

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/roll.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif<font color=red> BarianTech™ Enterprises Inc /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/roll.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif
</center>

F

feersumx

Well the first prologue sounds just like the Silmarrilion (Tolkien LOTR history book) which again is very similar to Greek mythology - where is starts "first there was chaos, giving birth to Gaia (Earth) with Nyx etc etc" by the way the old mythology before Zeus is a great read.

By the way ive just starting reading some new publications from voyager classics - got about 30 titles, im starting with Ray Bradbury's famous
'Fahrenheit 451' the temperature books burn at no less hehe.

F

feersumx

Ahh Zen by the way - i tell you what i found funny - you get two books called 'legends' which are made up of about 10 novellas form the best fantasy writers (supposedly) - but in there wasan interesting one form Orson Scott card - part of a range of books titled 'the tales of Alvin Maker' supposed to be on par or better than te Ender books - but anyhow the novella was VERY funny i thought :)

T

Thymaval

I got legends, i liked the little pratchet and Jordan short stories

<center>

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif Thymaval says there's a litte Wikkr in all of us, everybody get out quick!/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif</center>

S

sburton84

Third section must be the luggage in Pratchets Discworld books.

But the other sections.....

Mmm, just guessing, might the first one be from The Silmarillion by Tolkien?

No idea bout the second though. I recognise it but cant remember from where...

<center>~~~
Sburton84 - 100% Anti-Trammel Grumbling Vet Extrordinaire

Dilbert Tries Out The Actions In The New UO:3D Client</center>

Z

Zen(Europa)

All the corrrect answers have been given...

Just not in the same post *grins*

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Well the first prologue sounds just like the Silmarrilion

2) 2 sounds like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Late Great Douglas Adams

3) Third section must be the luggage in Pratchets Discworld books

Ta daaaaaa

</center>

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hooray! Drunk white women for everybody!

Vote The Par-Tay Kas And Wikkr Posse! (oooo, moma)

<center>

T

Thymaval

eh? thats a bit inclusive innit?

hmm

<center>

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh? What yer on about Thymy?

*savours his drunk white women*

Mmm mmm, tasty!

Vote The Free Motherehood With Every Two Bought Kas And Wikkr Posse! (er, yas, hmmm)

<center>

Z

Zen(Europa)

Well done Barian!

Feel free to contact me in-game to collect your well earned price... *chuckles*

For now here's some to keep you going.... :)

and an out of season...

Anyhoo, to the question paragraph 2 was adapted from the Silmarilian. I found a copy on the interent, but there seems to be varying versions... The book I have starts "In the beginning", where this version doesnt... Odd that. The creation scene is just the best ever. Love every word.

There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Iluvatar; and he made first the Ainur, the Holy One, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made. And he spoke to them, propounding to them themes of music; and they sang before him, and he was glad. But for a long while they sang only each alone, or but few together, while the rest hearkened; for each comprehended only that part of the mind of Iluvatar from which he came, and in the understanding of their brethren they grew but slowly. Yet ever as they listened they came to deeper understanding, and increased in unison and harmony.

And it came to pass that Iluvatar called together all the Ainur and declared to them a mighty theme, unfolding to them things greater and more wonderful than he had yet revealed; and the glory of its beginning and the splendour of its end amazed the Ainur, so that they bowed before Iluvatar and were silent.

Then Iluvatar said to them: 'Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music. And since I have kindled you with the Flame Imperishable, ye shall show forth your powers in adorning this theme, each with his own thoughts and devices, if he will. Hut I will sit and hearken, and be glad that through you great beauty has been wakened into song.'

Then the voices of the Ainur, like unto harps and lutes, and pipes and trumpets, and viols and organs, and like unto countless choirs singing with words, began to fashion the theme of Iluvatar to a great music; and a sound arose of endless interchanging melodies woven in harmony that passed beyond hearing into the depths and into the heights, and the places of the dwelling of Iluvatar were filled to overflowing, and the music and the echo of the music went out into the Void, and it was not void. Never since have the Ainur made any music like to this music, though it has been said that a greater still shall be made before Iluvatar by the choirs of the Ainur and the Children of Iluvatar after the end of days....

(excerpt from The Silmarillion, by JRR Tolkien

A guess this section from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, kinda influenced paragraph 3.

'The Bable Fish', said The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy quietly, "is small, yellow and leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to norish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speach centre of the brain which has supplied them.

The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a bable fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by the Bable Fish.

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God.

"The argument goes something like this: 'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

" 'But,' says Man, 'the Bable fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

" 'Oh Dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

" 'Oh that was easy.' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing."

From the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I love books!

:)

B

Bustywench

I knew the answers honey...it would just take more than that for me to agree to babysit one of your imps!

<font color=008B8B><center>David Cedarwood - Mr Moonglow 2001
Rhiannon - Professional sidekick & Squire of GYE</font color=008B8B>
<font color=68228B> VETERAN NEWBIE - PERMANENT TRAMMELITE</font color=68228B></center>

T

Thymaval

wanders what it would take /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

<center>

D

Deric Brokenhelm

Digging up the dead eh? You never know what you'll find..