• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The blame game

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was cfo yesterday. They blamed me for the helmet get on the cfo. When all i did was drop a safe on some goons and move them out of way. It was the person across from me that did it. one friend blamed me.

None of them wanted to crane at the start. I started by going moving the safes away so i could get goons. I wonder why they they blame the toon that was trying to crane while they were siting there doing nothing:spider:.

It happen after i moved the safes out of way. I had three safes next to me. I think they are nuts for blaming me. None of them started crane still after i started moving the safes.

I do know that you dont hit the cfo with safe still the stars. If you dont have room for goons you have to move them. The goons are what your susoped to use to hit the cfo without the starts. In reality is it my fault or all of them peolple i went with?

Please note i did not hit the cfo at all. I went with different group

S

Sarcatstic

Don't worry about what some toon or toons say while you are playing the game. Too many of us are a little thin skinned when it comes too our game play.

I've been to a number of cfo training runs, we first throw safes around the room letting players practice passing safes. Next comes throwing a safe on the cfo many times so players can see what it takes to knock it off.

So in this case you didnt throw a safe on but big deal either way you just knock it off and go on. "Thanks" is the best answer many times when toons make remarks about what they think of your game play.

You can get mad and post, which will upset you even more as you rethink the event. Or just backhand the toon that whispered things to you. Don't you just love the new EMOTION that i just got in my cattlelog "BACKHAND"
(hey a toon can dream):lick:

G

Granjell

Hey Bob, can you gift that emote? Seriously, though, can we set up a crane training run? I personally think I'm getting better at craning, but I think it would be awesome if we can get a pro like yourself or several others here to pass on some expertise. My first several "deaths" in cfo were because none of the random toons were good craners and we all ended up getting swarmed. It's downright embarrassing to me now to think I went sad because of little yellow goons.

And James, safes do fall from the ceiling onto the cfo's head, so in all probability, that's what happened and it was NO ONE's fault.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And James, safes do fall from the ceiling onto the cfo's head, so in all probability, that's what happened and it was NO ONE's fault.
Exactly what I was going to post. If you were the only one craning and you are SURE you were just moving them around the floor, then that's probably what happened.

S

Squeaker

I'm up for a training run. I've tried a few times with Bob and his friends but it's just embarrassing and I get off and let him finish... hehe

I understand how it's supposed to work - but for some reason it just doesn't. I've heard that it's in the computer and I'll agree to a certain extent. But then again, I can call my daughter in here when I'm really in a jam and she'll crane for me just fine... Anyway, I'm out of excuses, I just need to learn. Tell me when... you may have to yell a bit :D I can be a bit stubborn on occasion.

B

BEARHUGSTOON

I had heard of the safes being randomly dropped on the cfo, but have never had it verified I was in the cfo yesterday and experienced the most amazing battle ever, I've been playing for three years now and it was the most intesnse battle ive ever seen to say it lightly.
First of all there were only six of us to start, then we lost somonoe on the other side, and the battle of the cogs went on for 20 minutes, no joke , i thought there may have been a major glitch in the program or something. It was crazy, (i have maxed cfo so i ve seen my share of battles) anyway we got thru the cog battle (finnaly), only to be nearly done in by the cfo. We had three on cranes and two stompers , and all was going farily well, untill the red ones came, then all of a sudden out of nowhere safes were landing on his head and no one seemed to be throwing them, and as fast as we were taking them off they kept comming back. After 15 minutes of nail bitting hair pulling sweat and tears, we all made it out.. wish I could have made friends with everyone in there.. We made quite a team.. Made a friend with Nutmeg Feathermonkey, thanks girl, had a blast!!!

P

PinkyPepperpow

i would love to do crane training runs. I can crane but I still get kinda nervous when there are goons everywhere and they keep hitting me while I'm trying to crane.

All I really know about craning is to hit the boss with stomped goons till there are stars then throw safes at him. I know there's more strategy to it then that. Like if the boss has goggles on then you can hit him with a safe too.

It's those little things that will help me and having good stompers around to protect me while I practice.

If any one is up for helping us learn to crane better...count me in!

Note to self: It's about time you learned this!

R

ROSIE T

Count me in too!
Great idea for those of us that want to learn to crane but once in the battle don't want to risk it because we don't know what we are doing!!!
Sign me up!!!

G

Granjell

Okay - we've heard from all the students... Anyone willing to conduct our little training run?

S

Squeaker

I volunteered Bob for it. And since he hasn't posted it... I will... He said after we max boss (about a week I think), he will be thrilled to teach us all! And I'm getting glared at so I'm leaving the house now.

S

Sarcatstic

I'll start a thread on this in a few days and we will keep it very simple the first time. Just pass safes around the room at first and drop a few on goons and practice knocking off a few safes.

Maybe try to do most of the damage throwing goons only, for most of the cfo? Red goons give as much damage as the average safe when you first start and no worries about giving him a helmet.

Everyone has their own method in cfos. But some of the best have posted guides and pictures on diff sites and ill tell you later where to look for those.

Don't think that i'm telling you the best or only way to get the job done in the cfo. I'm just looking for a few simple things to do on a training run. Don't even worry about winning or losing. We will set it up so that if things are not going your way just X out.(no gags are lost in leaving a cfo during crane part)
Also ill bring one of my toons that have alot of max unites if anyone needs help.

So sometime next week i'll post a thread with the guides to look at.

A

Animal_Control

How to Safely Operate a Crane:

1: Clear the area around and under a working crane. You never know when debris might fall from the load, causing serious injury to someone standing below. Unless you intend squasticulating the goonz.
2: Know the load capacity of your crane. Always lift the load straight up. Lift the load only high enough to move it over obstructions on the floor. Watch other n00b's & the toonally challenged.
3: Keep the jib crane in top operating condition. Check the stops at the end of each arm every time you use the crane. If they are not in place, don't use the crane. Unless you want to put a safe on the CFO's noggin.
4: Seat the load you are hauling in the crane properly. Make sure the hook is secure. Slowly tighten the cable or chain before you lift the load. You should never lift toons on the hook or load portion of the crane. Unless it's name starts with Fangs.
5: Work steadily. Jerky motions can cause the load to swing or fall off the hook. Smooth operation of the crane makes it easier for nearby clueless to know when and where they can safely work alongside the crane. Esp. when you feel the need to block the goonz exit from the bowels of the CFO.
6:Turn the crane off when you need to walk away from the controls. Lower the crane's hook to the floor before you leave the controls. This will leave ample opportunity for someone to practice while others are dancing.
7: If step 1 through 6 fails, make Sarcatstic, Moonlight McBoo, or Loopy do the craning. You'll be fine. :)

S

Sarcatstic

How to Safely Operate a Crane:

1: Clear the area around and under a working crane. You never know when debris might fall from the load, causing serious injury to someone standing below. Unless you intend squasticulating the goonz.
2: Know the load capacity of your crane. Always lift the load straight up. Lift the load only high enough to move it over obstructions on the floor. Watch other n00b's & the toonally challenged.
3: Keep the jib crane in top operating condition. Check the stops at the end of each arm every time you use the crane. If they are not in place, don't use the crane. Unless you want to put a safe on the CFO's noggin.
4: Seat the load you are hauling in the crane properly. Make sure the hook is secure. Slowly tighten the cable or chain before you lift the load. You should never lift toons on the hook or load portion of the crane. Unless it's name starts with Fangs.
5: Work steadily. Jerky motions can cause the load to swing or fall off the hook. Smooth operation of the crane makes it easier for nearby clueless to know when and where they can safely work alongside the crane. Esp. when you feel the need to block the goonz exit from the bowels of the CFO.
6:Turn the crane off when you need to walk away from the controls. Lower the crane's hook to the floor before you leave the controls. This will leave ample opportunity for someone to practice while others are dancing.
7: If step 1 through 6 fails, make Sarcatstic, Moonlight McBoo, or Loopy do the craning. You'll be fine. :)

Well the three questions asked by any accident investigating committee are!

1. Were they wearing safety glasses?
2. Were they wearing safety shoes?
3. Were they wearing a hard hat?

When the safe landed on their noggin and mashed them flat?

If you think a piano is a good thing to drop on something go look at craneoperator.com and look at the crane mishap videos LOL

If you really like mayhem? craneaccidents.com works nicely and for one of the most famous just youtube for BIG BLUE . Three men were lost on that one. (As a crane operator watching any of these makes my teeth hurt)