• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The big thread of FROST DRAGONS

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi guys, seeing as frost dragons are a 5 slot pet and a new tameable creature can you please post your pets stats so I know what is good, bad or indifferent in the breed. The one I just tamed has the following:

upload_2017-4-28_14-42-56.png

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its a shame they loose their area effect when tamed.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Frost Dragons are basically just Greater Dragons, with 50% Cold damage and higher Cold/lower Fire Resist. Getting a high rating Frost Dragon will be much harder than getting a high rating GD, due to how they spawn. A leveled WW should be able to out damage even a high rated GD or FD, due to 760 STR (overcap), 150 Stam (hitting the swing speed cap for creatures, which GDs/FDs can't), and capacity to learn new Magical Abilities (such as Magery Mastery), Special Abilities (wouldn't recommend any of these for a WW), Special Moves (such as Armor Ignore) or Area Effect abilities (wouldn't recommend any of these for a WW).

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I bit the bullet and used my one and only diabolical map which had taken me about 50+ ingenious maps to get and Id been saving till after this patch to tame one, Id expected sods law to intervene and give me nothing but ancient wyrms, but I got very lucky, 3 of them.
frost stats2.jpg
The third takes it I think.

Oller

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got 12 so far, guess resists are 90 60 90 70 75.
max magery i got was 124.8

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bit the bullet and used my one and only diabolical map which had taken me about 50+ ingenious maps to get and Id been saving till after this patch to tame one, Id expected sods law to intervene and give me nothing but ancient wyrms, but I got very lucky, 3 of them.
View attachment 65826
Other than Health, a Leveled WW surpasses that in most areas.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone trying to sell them for 75M each on LS. They look like a GD stat wise but I like the color better. GDs do 100% physical but frosts seem to have more balanced resists the lowest being fire.

The 3 White Witch posted are good examples of the variances.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 65826
Are these screen shots EC or CC? I can't seem to get the skill/max to show in my animal lore gump in CC without having to scroll on the number... I like the display on your gump much better...

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Are these screen shots EC or CC? I can't seem to get the skill/max to show in my animal lore gump in CC without having to scroll on the number... I like the display on your gump much better...
I use EC, odd it doesnt show the caps on the magery etc like it does the combat ones

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Its a suckfest that these various colours only exist on the CC and all look the same in EC, even the third dawn client had the 2 variations of dragons(brown + red) that arent in the EC, the third dawn client was better than the EC in loads of ways, not least characters and character animations, but I digress....

Heres what my 3 look like in the CC:
frosties.jpg

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its a suckfest that these various colours only exist on the CC and all look the same in EC, even the third dawn client had the 2 variations of dragons(brown + red) that arent in the EC, the third dawn client was better than the EC in loads of ways, not least characters and character animations, but I digress....
Bit off topic, but i was kind of impressed with the KR client. Just look at these sexy pictures. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/UO-Kingdom_Reborn.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/UO-Kingdom_Reborn.jpg
http://www.gamebanshee.com/images/sobipro/entries/1428/gallery_64_1428_img.jpg
http://www.ultimamuseum.com/Ultima_Online/Ultima_Online_Kingdom_Reborn/files/UOKingdomReborn1.jpg

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Remaining off topic :) , Yes it looked awesome, I still really dont understand why they binned the third dawn client with its clear motion captured character animations and great spell effects, and this reborn client with its brilliant visuals in favour of the current EC with its blurry visuals and pixellated characters.

Im envious of 2d players as they got to keep the client they loved, every time I see my once proud flaming hooved firesteed which now looks like an orange "my little pony", I lament the loss of my third dawn client :(
fire steed.jpg fire pony.jpg