• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Armor The best high luck pure mage suit you can possibly assemble

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm looking for near the best possible luck suit, max SDI (or as close to as possible), all 70's, and all other good things for a pure mage.

• Spellbooks are already in my possession; assume I'm using either a Scrappers super slayer, spider slayer, or a DCI 10 SDI 30 FCR 2 LMC 5 Invasion book. (I'd also always be interested if anyone has a better book for sale...)
  • My non-luck suit uses, among other items, a Hawkwind's Robe, Anon's Boots, Hephaestus, Wizard's Curio, Protector of the Battle Mage, Tangle, Wizard's Crystal Reading Glasses, Compassion's Eye, and Lt of the Brit Royal Guard sash.
  • The earrings slot is already filled; assume nightsight from that, unless the suit needs one of the protection earrings (which I already own) and gets nightsight elsewhere.
  • Brittle is ok, though clean is preferred. Assume this suit should be able to run for 2-3 years (with repairs) without any parts being changed out.
  • Prized is ok, non-prized is (slightly) preferred.
  • Anything Cursed is not ok.
  • Anything Antique is not ok.
  • I'd prefer nothing be Unwieldy, but if it literally cannot be avoided, I'll consider it. No more than 1 piece, though.
  • Suit must be for a male human.
  • There's no need for any skills from the suit; the char is 120 Eval, 120 Focus, 120 Mage, 120 Med, 120 Resist, and depending on the situation, 100 Scribe, Mystic, SW, Carto, or Stealing. If any skills did come in from the suit, magery, wrestling, or hiding would be the most preferred.

Budget... figure anything up to 2 or 3b, perhaps a bit more. I'm looking to see what folks out there have to offer for the best possible mage luck suit imaginable, without going into the crazy 10+b range. So throw me some options, and your price for each suit. I'll quite likely buy the best one. (Happy to hear your opinions on others' suit offerings as well...)

Brian

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The biggest challenge here will be the trade off between SDI and Luck on the armor pieces. As far as I know there are no armor pieces that have both luck and SDI.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The biggest challenge here will be the trade off between SDI and Luck on the armor pieces. As far as o know there are no armor pieces that have both luck and SDI.
What Merus Said

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If you're including the jewelery slots as "armor", there's Compassion's Eye. 250 luck and 20% SDI. It's the only item with any luck in my current suit. Without getting too creative, that, the invasion spellbook, and 15-18 SDI bracelet, you're already at 65-68 SDI.

I do own this bracelet; it's nothing uber, but it does hit the checkboxes for non-antique, 15+ SDI, and 150 luck, so that combo can exist. I'd like to find that mix on a more godly/useful piece though. :D

Last edited: