• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Beginning of the End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I admit Im wrong and you are all right, and Im very happy to say that!!!! Dances!!

Apologies to everyone, I will keep my opinions to myself (not facts tho
)

Parizad has just posted on the forum, and all is well in EAland!!!

I think........

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, this thread was never really about right or wrong...it was all speculation..but I'm glad to hear that Pari posted!!! Yay!

And, please don't keep your opinions to yourself, there are times we may need them!

flying hug,
Jasmine

D

DGLita

Jasmine did you see my post to you? Im in ealand now if you are able to login

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nothing lasts forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

FACT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, that's a generalization - since we don't know everything that exists, and we don't know how long 'forever' is. Plus, there's the rather vague definition of "lasts" which can be different for different things; animals, minerals, songs, thoughts, etc.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nothing lasts forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

FACT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, that's a generalization - since we don't know everything that exists, and we don't know how long 'forever' is. Plus, there's the rather vague definition of "lasts" which can be different for different things; animals, minerals, songs, thoughts, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, "nothing" has no existence, "nothing" never was and never will be.

"Nothing" is null, "nothing" has no past, present or future.

But, it may last forever.

Ohmmmm.

G

Um, the devs have a deadline to meet. That is a fact.

They are working to be done by that deadline. That too is a fact.

I don't understand why everyone is under the impression that the game is all of the sudden going to die. Until a dev says that, it is an opinion of players that obviously don't love the game. That is my opinion.

If you need explanations of what I just sent, please send me a private message.

G

<blockquote><hr>

With all due respect to your impeccable logic, sending a letter to EA is even less effective than Stratics.
At least here you can vent - get other opinions - possibly settle your mind, especially for those who have a tendency to panic at every little glitch.

EA doesn't bother to acknowledge receipt of your letter. Customer Service is "not even". The blog is dead quiet. The only place of "communication" is the Town Hall, but it hasn't been open for quite a while.

Stratics may be nothing more than Frustration Central, but even *that* serves a purpose.
However, I *do* agree that some, so-called, "complaints" are nothing more than 'hell raising' with no constructive intent or purpose.

[/ QUOTE ] <blockquote><hr>

Thank you, I try to be as logical as I can. I figure that if you have presented your issue and nothing has been done then you go higher in the chain of command. If you have numbers behind you then that helps. If not then you go it alone.
I figure if you've said it once and no one heard you then maybe they weren't listening so repeating it again might be good. Going again is just a slap in the face and to me it's more like beating a dead horse with a stick. No one is listening. So go higher up the ladder and do it again.

I can not see how sending a letter, a mass letter from all of us, to EA would not be effective. <font color="red">I don't know - maybe because they don't read them. </font> Have we tried it? Has anyone else tried it? <font color="red">You're asking now? After already insinuating we are all too lazy for our own good? Shouldn't you have asked that first? But, to answer your question - yes, several times. That's how I know they don't even bother to acknowledge.</font> We do it all the time in politics and I have seen some major miracles happen because of it. <font color="red"> Soooo, you're the one responsible for all that crap in my mailbox? </font> So what if they don't acknowledge it. <font color="red">Then what's the point? </font> I would think you would be very interested in doing something useful, that might have a positive effect, instead you shoot it down. <font color="red"> Why would you presume to know what interests me? </font> I wasn't talking about sending the letter to customer service or the blog or the forum, I meant to the cooperate offices. <font color="red">I know what you meant. I am not masochistic enough to send a letter to Customer Service. Perhaps I should have numbered my points so as not to confuse you;
1.)EA doesn't bother to acknowledge receipt of your letter.
2.)Customer Service is "not even".
3.)The blog is dead quiet.
4.)The only place of "communication" is the Town Hall, but it hasn't been open for quite a while.
My apologies.
</font> At least we would have the knowledge that we had tried, not just sat here and sighed. <font color="red"> That and 5 bucks will get you a cup of simulated coffee at Starbucks. </font>

But I guess it is just easier to sit and constantly moan about it on the forum.
<font color="red"> Yes it is, though I rarely (rather than constantly) moan about it.
Although - in your case - I suppose it's just easier to post some passive-aggressive, nose-in-the-air put downs.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you, I try to be as logical as I can. I figure that if you have presented your issue and nothing has been done then you go higher in the chain of command. If you have numbers behind you then that helps. If not then you go it alone.
I figure if you've said it once and no one heard you then maybe they weren't listening so repeating it again might be good. Going again is just a slap in the face and to me it's more like beating a dead horse with a stick. No one is listening. So go higher up the ladder and do it again.

I can not see how sending a letter, a mass letter from all of us, to EA would not be effective. <font color="red">I don't know - maybe because they don't read them. </font> Have we tried it? Has anyone else tried it? <font color="red">You're asking now? After already insinuating we are all too lazy for our own good? Shouldn't you have asked that first? But, to answer your question - yes, several times. That's how I know they don't even bother to acknowledge.</font> We do it all the time in politics and I have seen some major miracles happen because of it. <font color="red"> Soooo, you're the one responsible for all that crap in my mailbox? </font> So what if they don't acknowledge it. <font color="red">Then what's the point? </font> I would think you would be very interested in doing something useful, that might have a positive effect, instead you shoot it down. <font color="red"> Why would you presume to know what interests me? </font> I wasn't talking about sending the letter to customer service or the blog or the forum, I meant to the cooperate offices. <font color="red">I know what you meant. I am not masochistic enough to send a letter to Customer Service. Perhaps I should have numbered my points so as not to confuse you;
4.)The only place of "communication" is the Town Hall, but it hasn't been open for quite a while.
My apologies.
</font> At least we would have the knowledge that we had tried, not just sat here and sighed. <font color="red"> That and 5 bucks will get you a cup of simulated coffee at Starbucks. </font>

<font color="red"> Yes it is, though I rarely (rather than constantly) moan about it.
Although - in your case - I suppose it's just easier to post some passive-aggressive, nose-in-the-air put downs.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

After already insinuating we are all too lazy for our own good?
Soooo, you're the one responsible for all that crap in my mailbox?
Perhaps I should have numbered my points so as not to confuse you
That and 5 bucks will get you a cup of simulated coffee at Starbucks.
Although - in your case - I suppose it's just easier to post some passive-aggressive, nose-in-the-air put downs.
<blockquote><hr>

Your post was a real eye opener. I hadn't intended or thought my post would bring up so much animosity or would upset and hurt people so much. I thought that if we were all willing to work together maybe we could do something positive for the game. Act together as a team instead of split antagonists on either side of the sim/avatar line. You know, power in numbers thing. I had hoped that my post would have been taken for the spirit that was in my heart when I wrote it but obviously I was greatly mistaken and I must have been insensitive in my wording. I sincerely apologize.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

My apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

After already insinuating we are all too lazy for our own good?
Soooo, you're the one responsible for all that crap in my mailbox?
Perhaps I should have numbered my points so as not to confuse you
That and 5 bucks will get you a cup of simulated coffee at Starbucks.
Although - in your case - I suppose it's just easier to post some passive-aggressive, nose-in-the-air put downs.
<blockquote><hr>

Your post was a real eye opener. I hadn't intended or thought my post would bring up so much animosity or would upset and hurt people so much. I thought that if we were all willing to work together maybe we could do something positive for the game. Act together as a team instead of split antagonists on either side of the sim/avatar line. You know, power in numbers thing. I had hoped that my post would have been taken for the spirit that was in my heart when I wrote it but obviously I was greatly mistaken and I must have been insensitive in my wording. I sincerely apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok.
'Intent' is the important thing.
I will read your posts with a different perspective from now on.
I, too, apologize for my part in the misunderstanding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nothing lasts forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

FACT.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, "nothing" has no existence, "nothing" never was and never will be.

"Nothing" is null, "nothing" has no past, present or future.

But, it may last forever.

Ohmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm..... it *must* be something or we wouldn't have a name for it.
We couldn't *refer* to it.
We couldn't have things that are "better than.."
Our kids couldn't tell us what they did in school today.

My head hurts.

G

<font color="red">General Warning</font>

You all may or may not notice that several posts have been removed from this thread. These posts were in violation of the Rules of Conduct listed below.

A. Show respect at all times.

B. Help build the Community.

The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. We are proud of the success of our forums and give our thanks to those who have chosen to make our forums their out-of-game home. To ensure continued success we are posting these guidelines so that all participants of the Stratics forums understand what is considered unacceptable behavior in the forums and can result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban.

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

I strongly suggest everyone stay on topic and make sure you post is within the RoC before you continue.

Futher violations of the Roc will result in a warning to your Stratics account up to and including suspension or bans from the forum.

Posts discussing the removed posts will be in violation of:

I. Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.
This includes discussions about suspensions or warnings sent to you for in game conduct as well. Any questions you have regarding your TSO account should be addressed to: http://eamembers.custhelp.com.

I

imported_corpatortis

I won't even pretend I read all of this.

The Beginning of The End?

Games end. TSO did. Welcome to EaLand. It will end too. I'll go out on every limb and say nothing is forever.. because everything we can imagine has had a start date.. therefore has not been eternal.

thx.

G

If you did read a few posts you would notice that someone already threw out "everything must come to an end".

Need attention much?

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

If you did read a few posts you would notice that someone already threw out "everything must come to an end".

Need attention much?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry you don't feel like i'm entitled to my opinion without reading 4535 posts

but you're the one that said..

<blockquote><hr>

I just like the attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, do you?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Need attention much?

[/ QUOTE ]

your name reminds me of someone drowning.

but that's off topic.

I bet you didn't even read his post.

<blockquote><hr>

I won't even pretend I read all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said right there, he didnt read it. So yeah. thanks.

G

Im glad he has a fanboi. Get out your pom poms and cheer him on.

Then both of you can make a constuctive post for a change maybe. Or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And you have?

FAIL.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you can someday
flitter always said you had potential.. idk for what, though

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Know what I'm playing? It's the worlds smallest tambourine.

G

For ignoring Moderator's warnings, and general inablity to conduct this debate in a respectful manner, this thread is

Status
Not open for further replies.