• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The Battle at Gravewater Lake

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
I extend my sincerest gratitude to all who gathered at Beruna Pass on Thursday night, ready to brave the bone chilling Gravewater Lake. I’ve been told it is an eerie place, its tragic, sunken ships now haunted by evil creatures such as hydras and liches. The worst of these evils are the Shadow Lords themselves. Because of their immense power, many skilled warriors and tamers are needed to defeat them, and you rose to the task.

Based on the descriptions given to me afterward, it would seem that Faulinei, the Lord of Falsehood, was the first to challenge you. I’ve no doubt that he was the one who helped Andros devise the curse that changed Susan into a goblin—a false form that was not her own. Had he won the night, he might have done the same to any of you, or even deceived you into fighting each other to the death. It seems that he tried as much with the crabs you had tamed, turning them against their fellow crabs at times, and against their tamers at others.

When Faulinei could not overcome you, he gave up his physical form and retreated into the shadow world, sending Nosfentor, the Lord of Cowardice, to take his place. Perhaps he thought Nosfentor would break your courage and send you scurrying back to the surface in terror. If you’ve had nightmares of that place since Thursday night, and the thought of returning to the lake burdens your heart with a heavy sense of dread, you are still feeling the effects of his dark magic. Indeed, this letter comes to you so late because I could not get Adelin to speak of her experience beneath the waves, even just to tell me whether the battle had been won or lost. I sent her to pray and make an offering at the Shrine of Valor and that seems to have fully restored her spirits. I recommend that each of you do the same, just to ensure that any taint Nosfentor might have left on your souls is completely removed.

Once his two companions had been vanquished, Astaroth, the Shadow Lord of Hatred, hid himself in the mist and refused to assume his physical shape. I still believe that he was the one who released Andros from Despise, his power enhanced by the purity of hate that consumes Andros’ heart age upon age. Perhaps some of you will return to the lake to seek out Astaroth once you’ve had some time to recover. But for now, the Shadow Lords have been exposed for their part in Andros’ schemes, and they know that once provoked we will not sit idly by. It is unlikely that the Shadow Lords will trouble us again for some time, but that does not mean we should let down our guards. Remain vigilant, for when they do return to our realm, the trouble they bring will surely take on a new and unexpected form.