• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The Arrival.... Vesper is now home

Piram Agrivar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Piram Agrivar finished buy putting on the golden cloak. Phaedrin looked on with approval. Agrivar noticed and asked, "presentable?" Phaedrin replied "You now look like the knight I first met those long ears ago. I see you are wearing the colors of old." "Yes, we need to be known in these lands, that honor and justice still survive. These may be new lands, but evil is old... and it too lives." Turning with a wave, Piram walked out and rode for Vesper. He had heard there would be a council this day, and it was time to see if the town of Vesper would be a good spot for the outpost.

Riding into Vesper across one of it's many bridges, Piram felt at ease. He had heard much good abut the town, it's people, and it's governorship. Much like the old home he knew before joining the crusades. Wintermoor was an impressive sight in the glory days. Riding with his old liege Py Lethius and the other proud knights were some of his best days. Now that the crusades were over he yearned to recapture that feeling once more. Perhaps this sleepy little town was exactly what was called for.

As he approached near the town's bank, many strangers offered a warm greeting. Piram as usual responded "Greetins". Piram is not a gregarious fellow. He has always preferred his actions speak for him. He prefers to observe and watch. Folks true colors always come to light from what they do, more than what they say. His goal this evening was to observe the meeting's actions and reactions.

He seated himself away from the others. Partly due to nature, partly to be free to observe without influence from anyone that might sit with him. As expected the usual pomp began. Lords and ladies dressed in the finest. He noticed a contingent of the local guard on hand. A capable looking lot... that was indeed good.

After a time, the meeting adjourned. There was to be a hunt after... but Piram needed to return to the others and discuss his thoughts. He found the people to be friendly and warm, the guard appeared stalwart and strong. However he was most pleased and impressed by the lady governor. Here was a person of power that wielded that power with thought and compassion... and he had not seen that since his time under Lord Lethius

Piram Agrivar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The three men sat in silence. Abruptly Phaedrin slammed his hand down upon the table and spoke, "lads, if this now be our home.. then we'd best get after it." "aye" Sojiro chimed in... "I have found a small clearing, large enough for us to build an outpost, good enuff for a new beginning". Piram regarded the craftsmen a moment and simply remarked, "tis a good home we've found, our blood is now their's. Our duty is to aid and protect those of Vesper. As knights we ride once more." The men got up, nodded to one another, and began the arduous task of building the outpost...

Piram thought to himself as he worked, "aye, a good place to begin anew."

Piram Agrivar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Piram sat alone in the cramped quarters that was his space in the newly finished outpost. A book was held in his hands. He sat reading, studying the history and lineage of the Vesper Guards. The book was given to him as an introduction and indoctrination on the guard. He was keenly interested in what was held within the pages. Finishing the book, he sat back and pondered a moment. *Was the role of city guard something he wished to undertake? He had been a Knight for so long that guard duty alone may not be enough. He has always held the preservation of others as a prime requisite in his being. Aiding others, protecting them, and upholding honor were all he knew. Still, this is a new land, a new life, and calling these fellows brethren may be what is needed as a next step in making Vesper home.*

Getting up, and heading out the door, he waved to the others. He had a busy evening in store. First a trip to Jehlom to attend the faire, then onto King Blackthorn's castle to attend the Governor's meeting. This was to be more of a fact finding scout than more than a social visit. Piram needed to get more of a feel for the countryside and the people that populate it. The Faire was perfect to observe, and blend in. Watching the actions and interactions of other told much... it would be easy to gage the populace and how well they fared.

Attending the Governor's meeting was to gain insight specifically on this King Blackthorn. He has heard rumors regarding the man... some good, some darker. It was time to find out just what kind of King ruled these lands. Once more, the meeting provided the perfect "cover" for Piram to observe and gain knowledge.

At his arrival to Jehlom, Piram dismounted and walked a bit. Many people this evening, many activities were on-going. Piram recognized the town's governor from meetings and doings in Vesper. He had not met the governor personallt as of yet, but he knew who she was. She caries herself well, and seems to be genuinely concerned for the people, that speaks well of her. Vesper's governor - Khaleesi, is similar, and already has earned Piram's respect. That is one of the factors in considering membership in the Vesper Guard. The various events came and went, and all the while Piram observed. Many diverse people were here. Some with strange dialects and language. Some prim and proper, others as coarse as the earth beneath our feet... but all were having a good time and no issues ensued. "Quiet chaos" Piram thought, but nothing to spark concern.

Soon it was time for the governor's meeting. This was of keen interest to Piram. It was his chance to see how the King and the people he ruled acted and held themselves. Many were in attendance. Many Piram recognized, some he had heard tales of, and others that were new to him. Then the king arrived, and right from the start Piram was uneasy. A runner broke in as soon as the meeting started and stated "there was a body in the courtyard". Apparently politics in these lands can be fraught with danger - even death. This certainly required more attention and investigation. Rumors were abundant about a former governor, abductions, and the involvement of the King himself. Piram was troubled by all of this. After a while, things settled and the proceedings were underway. Piram watched as the King went to each of the governors in attendance and asked about the goings on in their towns and if there were any aid that could be offered. Things seemed to go orderly and without issue, but Piram was still unsure. *This is a new land. New politicians, new dangers - many unseen. I must be wary until a clearer picture presents itself.*

Piram left before the meeting closed, but made it a point to read the scrolls to be certain he missed nothing that could shade his outlook on this new land and it's leaders. For the time being he decided *I ill focus my efforts on Vesper and the townspeople here. I must make it a priority to attend the next town meeting, perhaps find a bit more out about the guardians... and how I may be of more service. As for the King and the politics of the land... time will allow that to become clear - as time always does.*

OOC - To the Atlantic populace at large - I enjoy role play very much while gaming - it adds much to the "flavor" of the game. Please feel free to include Piram in any adventures, and storylines you may invent. The only point I will emphasize is that Piram was an elder Knight from an Anti-Pk guild on Siege. He will without fault be lawful good in his actions and decisions. Honor and justice are his ways. He plays stoically - not saying much unless it is warranted. I look forward to joining in, and becoming an active part of the RP community - especially as it relates to my newly adopted home of Vesper. #Salutes*