• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 20 million Sampire setup

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I finally got round to making a Sampire. Being a returning player I had a load of catching up to do. After reading loads of the posts on here and other notes etc. I set to work. I was using Lynk's infamous setup as a guide but didnt have anywhere like 75+ mill to create a suit so I went for a cheaper option!

I've pretty much finished the suit but still need to sort out my stats and skills and then create some weapons.

I ended up spending around 20mill to make this (including mace and shields) and would be most grateful if you guys could point me in the right direction to what skills should be along with stats.

I'm currently running (with no weapons)

Full 70's with Vampiric Embrace enabled

40 LMC
HCI - 45
DCI - 45
Damage Increase 62

STR - 150
DEX - 128
INT - 15
Hit points - 128
Stamina - 160 - wasted at 160 I know (should I drop to 150 and add more intel?)
Mana - 76

Stamina regen - 16
Mana regen - 3

Now I understand the swing speed is all down to the stamina, this is in multiples of 30. Should I drop my strength down and re-do my jewels to boost this to 180, or is 150 sufficient?

I was planning on using Katana's as I can get 1.25 swing with these. Am I going to have troubles leeching? I've only really tested in shame level one so far, and seemed to be ok!

As for template, this still needs some work. I need to save and get swords 120 and Bushido 120. My current setup is:

Swords - 110
Anatomy - 107 (have 120 for this)
Parry - 100 (will drop to 60)
Tactics - 100
Chiv - 85
Bushido - 92
Necro - 100

What kind of template should I be aiming for?

Any comments or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Special thanks to my man "Ad" for crating the suit and Mirt for some handy tips via ICQ :)

Here is screenshot of the armour:

Bundabar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I can only give you my opinion. My samp does run with anat. i feel that its not stable enough to spend 100-120 points in on a tight build. Anat only gives a dmg boost on a successful roll which means you could always hit, sometimes hit , or if you just are a bad luck person rarely/ never hit the roll. Resist can be seen by many as a must have. A curse can kill you pretty easy when running against a high mob/ boss i personally run resist. Parry is players choice when its paired with bushi, ive seen many builds that leave parry out and they do well. Which means my must haves are taken to 120 (fencing tactics resist) im still debating with myself with running 120 bushi. Difference between 100 and 120 tact is 100 gives 68% dmg boost and 120 gives 81%. My parry and bushi are 100 which gives about a 25% chance to block. I keep chiv at 85 and necro at 99 . I use spirit speak as my filler and boost it with gems. Curse weapon wither blood oath and pain spike can come in handy at time. I run 150 str cant remeber what dex is off hand but i know i have 120 stam( works for me with fencing) and the rest went into int. i hope this helps.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I use both a sampire with anatomy and one with resist instead. Don't under estimate the importance of hitting for more damage as that directly is tied to your healing via life leech. Also, for sampires thay are running over 100 parry/100 bush, having 100 anatomy increases evasion time from 6s to 8s which can be very helpful.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot about this post. It's a bit out of date now since I made a new suit. The template I went with in the end is:

Swords - 120
Bushido - 120
Tactics - 120
Anatomy - 100
Parry - 60
Chiv - 85
Necro - 100

I have GM resist on a soulstone that I switch out with anatomy sometimes.

Bundabar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Very true obsidian. I usually supliment the lower dmg by using curse weapon if i get in a tight spot. Its really all down to your personal playstyle on what your skills are