• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 11 year excuse!

Exgirlfriend

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are tired of people using medic scripts. When, after all these years is EA going to address this issue? I know it’s not ruining the games economy or crashing the servers but it really is annoying. Please take the time and make the effort to deal with this issue.

Thanks

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are tired of people using medic scripts. When, after all these years is EA going to address this issue? I know it’s not ruining the games economy or crashing the servers but it really is annoying. Please take the time and make the effort to deal with this issue.

Thanks
What's a medic script?

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I checked, people running "medic scripts" are easier to kill than those who have real skill and timing.

If people want to cripple their real abilty to play this game, then so be it.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really don't see how it would cripple them to have a macro setup that as soon as their health bar turns poison it pops a cure potion... the delay is so short it hardly is a disadvantage...

but short of implementing my anti-hacker weapon... I hardly see how it could be resolved. This has been around for a LONG time...

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, EA says they're implementing a punkbuster like 3rd party program, so I guess we'll see if they're taking care of or not.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope it'll work... that would save UO... because my code is worth more than EA can afford right now. :lol:

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if the particular situation would be better solved by casting cure, or arch cure?

A script can be fast, but it can't out think your opponent.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks
So how exactly do you know if its a script? Might simply be macros, some people can click them pretty fast, much faster than a script can react.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So no function of the game is countered right now by simple reaction ? Is that what yall saying ?

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Im saying is that the better players can beat script medics using skill and knowledge of game timing. In this case a person using a script isn't someone to be worried about, just pitied because they'll never reach their full potential in the game.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's a script?
Scripting is the automation of certain functions.

Some people claim that you can basically "script" legally using UO Assist, but when most people say "scripting" what they refer to is the use of unapproved, "illegal" 3rd party programs that allow the automation of an alarming number of functions to an alarming degree.

I've heard stories, some credible some not, of some incredible things that can be done with scripting.

But one thing scripting can definitely do is take healing functions totally out of your hands as a player. And that poses obvious advantages. (The same program that can script mine can also script heal, script run, script tame, etc.)

Healing scripts of all sorts are extremely common in PvP and have been for years and years.

Some cheaters in PvP would be able to do well even without cheating, and some can only do well because of the cheating.

-Galen's player

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is exactly right. A player can anticipate, a script can only react.
The problem is that while the script is reacting it frees the player to anticipate further , which is the advantage.

Some script users are just lazy and use it as a replacement for the need to think, the good ones use that in conjunction with their already good PvP skills.

V

Venus_AUPK

We found the other night, a good indication some one is running a trapped box script is to para spam them on mages. Then watch them suicide from the trapped box damage was one of the funniest things I've seen.

Yes i know proper trapped boxes only hit for 4-5 but this guy must have had a GM one hitting for 10 or so a pop

Also this is a player who has claimed pure pvp skill for aslong as i can remeber

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To come out and state that using cheats in any form actually handicaps the cheater is unacceptable from anyone who's had solid PVP experiences against cheaters and shows arrogance coming from anyone who hasn't had enough experience.

I will not argue over it for there is nothing to argue about, the result of cheating is the opposite of what you claim despite anything you have just mentioned. You may theorise to your heart's content, brand yourself an expert in any computer science or you can simply brag how your personal skill can defeat cheaters though, it's the Net.

I merely speak of what I and too many others have been experiencing for half a decade until this day, and now I shall seek refuge. I sense the "You Suck At PVP" storm brewing and I'm not in the mood. rolleyes: Finally if your arguments had any truth in them, EA/M would not try to eliminate cheating in Ultima Online and it would not be so wild.

No offense.

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its true that alot of people choose to cheat at PvP because they suck.

No offense taken.

F

five oclock

Its true that alot of people choose to cheat at PvP because they suck.

No offense taken.
Hey Now..I suck at pvp..No offense taken :D but I DON'T cheat!!! If ya ever been on Napa then you know I totally suck at pvp :D

Still tho. The cheating bug has been going around for years.....I think it stinks.. But I don't think EA will ever do anything about it. UO is on the back back burners for them...they use us to upgrade there new and improveds games..

For example they find a cure to the cheats in UO....why spend it on this game when you can fix the next up and coming game? and make more money! :D

C

Cloak&Dagger

For example they find a cure to the cheats in UO....why spend it on this game when you can fix the next up and coming game? and make more money! :D
"up and coming" games are not guaranteed gold mines, the majority of the games that have come after UO have not surpassed UO, not in profitability, stability, or reliability. A lot of games have come and gone, this one is still here. The potential of a good game will always out do the potential of a new "possibly" good game, since no one knows it is good or bad until after the fact.