• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

thanks

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Re: I'm wanting to kill Paragons

What do you plan to kill them with? Provoke?

In most cases, there is no distinction between skill-increasing items and real skill.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Re: I'm wanting to kill Paragons

Skill jewels will work just fine. :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are planning to use Bard Masteries, real skill does provide good bonuses.

Check out the sticky FAQ in this Forum about Bard Masteries.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as said above....

for just straight using the skills you can ring up.

but is you plan on using the masteries you need to have real skill as it goes off your base skill level not your ringed up skill level.

so if you are sitting at 90 and you are ringed up to 120 and you use a bard mastery you are getting the very lowest level and none of the bonus's associated with that bard mastery.
which, in the end makes it kinda useless.

i got bit by that.
my last disco archer i made i took the easy way out and stopped his diso at 100 and then just imbued a nice ring and watch with +10 disco on each with all the other stuff i needed like HCI and DI and such.

but now that guy cant effectivlly use the bard masteries.

so what im gonna have to do is change out the disco on the ring and watch for some other skill and then drop that skill by 20 to make up the difference.
i havnt looked at the chart yet, but i sure hope that disco can be changed into something allready on my template or that set of baubles will be collecting dust in some chest in my house till the end of days.

Just Do It

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as said above....

for just straight using the skills you can ring up.

but is you plan on using the masteries you need to have real skill as it goes off your base skill level not your ringed up skill level.

so if you are sitting at 90 and you are ringed up to 120 and you use a bard mastery you are getting the very lowest level and none of the bonus's associated with that bard mastery.
which, in the end makes it kinda useless.

i got bit by that.
my last disco archer i made i took the easy way out and stopped his diso at 100 and then just imbued a nice ring and watch with +10 disco on each with all the other stuff i needed like HCI and DI and such.

but now that guy cant effectivlly use the bard masteries.

so what im gonna have to do is change out the disco on the ring and watch for some other skill and then drop that skill by 20 to make up the difference.
i havnt looked at the chart yet, but i sure hope that disco can be changed into something allready on my template or that set of baubles will be collecting dust in some chest in my house till the end of days.
thank you for your input very much. so if i have 92 music, 92 disco, and 92 peace it would be pointless to use my mastery for resilience? Im 92 real in those three but with my jewelry im 120 in all three.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you would be recieving the bare minimum from the bard masteries and none of the bonus's

so i guess id depends on what you wanna get out of the masteries.

if the base is good then your set.
if you where banking on the big buffs from being 120 in all 3 then your definatlly gonna miss them.