• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THANK YOU WRR!

I

Infiniti

I'd like to say a special thank you to WRR for broadcasting live the townhall meeting. It was great to hear some of the voices behind the typed messages we read here. Once again, thank you.:)

A

Amathist of PoC

I agree great job guys - does anyone know if the show will be available for download later on for those that missed it?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, thank you. Very good experience, very good quality feed (once those pesky early issues were fixed)

L

Luna du Selene

Yes, thank you, WRR! I enjoyed both listening and attending in game. :)

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, thanks indeed to WRR.

WTF was up with the musical selections though? The Beverly Hillbillies theme? WTF?

D

Der Rock

I'd like to say a special thank you to WRR for broadcasting live the townhall meeting. It was great to hear some of the voices behind the typed messages we read here. Once again, thank you.:)

Yes,thx WRR,
for me(as an german,with a average english spell-skill) it was very easy to follow and to understand, it made a lot of fun.
i hope u do this now everytime at townhalls.

a plea for the next time, pls use more microfons,and tell people they should only speak/ask if they have the micro.

(p.s. some "questioner´s had an extremly sexy voice)

:)

A

Amathist of PoC

downloadable Town Hall meeting...is that going to be posted up soon if at all? I am desperate to here the begining as I missed it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Agreed!..... I was so happy... (though I missed about the first half hour)..

D

Devil_Woman

I agree great job guys - does anyone know if the show will be available for download later on for those that missed it?
Yes, thanks to the WRR folks. It was fun sitting at D&B's while listening. I'd also like to know if it will posted somewhere. I had to leave the computer off and on to make dinner so I missed some bits and pieces.

B

BartofCats

I agree that WRR did a great job in the broadcast HOWEVER... and for those of you who missed the first half hour, you only missed the static, mic checks, and a couple of songs, oh and the Echo... must not forget the echo.

Perhaps next time, maybe start broadcasting 5-10 mins before hand, and do these checks ahead of time so nothing is being missed. Please and thank you.

Other than that, great job in the coverage.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some of them is not an understatement. there were bad microphone problems and you had to keep turning the volume up and down because some people were whispering and some were yelling.

EA should just record it themselves with professional equipment and then post it on the official UO site.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, thanks to the WRR folks. It was fun sitting at D&B's while listening. I'd also like to know if it will posted somewhere. I had to leave the computer off and on to make dinner so I missed some bits and pieces.
it wasn't fun sitting at the D&B's at all. some kid was spamming for like 15 minutes and the staff refused to ban the person, instead waiting for a GM to show up just so they could get someone in trouble. in my opinion that was a very childish thing to do.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

it wasn't fun sitting at the D&B's at all. some kid was spamming for like 15 minutes and the staff refused to ban the person, instead waiting for a GM to show up just so they could get someone in trouble. in my opinion that was a very childish thing to do.

This thread was to THANK THEM for a job well done, not for you to come here and post your negitivity and troll a post just because yours got locked.. please move on, maybe the rants forum is a better place for you, get some anger out!

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread was to THANK THEM for a job well done, not for you to come here and post your negitivity and troll a post just because yours got locked.. please move on, maybe the rants forum is a better place for you, get some anger out!
it's not a troll post. i'm just stating facts about the event.

i suggest you move on and stop sending me PM's. do you have a crush on me or something? leave me alone please.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

i suggest you move on and stop sending me PM's. do you have a crush on me or something? leave me alone please.
CRUSH!?!? You are kidding I hope.. I think higher of myself then to fall for someone who is obviously into the drinking constantly thing. Besides the point I am happily taken :).

And the only reason I sent you a pm was because I was responding to something you posted in the other thread and while doing so it got locked... didn't wanna waste what I had to say!

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if they didn't want to get in trouble then they shouldn't have been doing something wrong. Why ruin it for everyone else. That is very childish.

This thread was to thank wrr so why are you on it?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if they didn't want to get in trouble then they shouldn't have been doing something wrong. Why ruin it for everyone else. That is very childish.

This thread was to thank wrr so why are you on it?
because in my opinion the in-game event was a failure. they let someone disrupt the event for over 10 minutes while everyone in the place was saying JUST BAN HIM. they absolutely refused to ban him and just sat there waiting for a GM. that is childish behavior.

it really ruined the whole event and Jeremy even commented that she couldn't take any questions from the game because of the spam. she asked the DJ's to take questions from the room but all the DJ's did was ask their own questions about things that will never happen like pet dye tubs.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

10 minutes out of 3 hours that ended in a jerkoff being banned is a failure?

More time than that was spent getting to sound right and that didn't make it a failure.

Calm down already.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

10 minutes out of 3 hours that ended in a jerkoff being banned is a failure?

More time than that was spent getting to sound right and that didn't make it a failure.

Calm down already.
i noted many reasons why it was a failure. you are selectively reading what you want to believe about it instead of looking at the facts.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty negative on these boards, and I'll admit that I had a great time. Drinkbeerallday, your friend got banned and nobody cares. Nobody is aghast that they waited 10 minutes for the GM. Frankly it was worth it to see a jerk like that get a real punishment. Nobody thinks it was a "failure" and everyone is glad your friend got banned. There is no sympathy here. Stop posting.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty negative on these boards, and I'll admit that I had a great time. Drinkbeerallday, your friend got banned and nobody cares. Nobody is aghast that they waited 10 minutes for the GM. Frankly it was worth it to see a jerk like that get a real punishment. Nobody thinks it was a "failure" and everyone is glad your friend got banned. There is no sympathy here. Stop posting.
1. he's not my friend.

2. there was at least a dozen people in the game telling them to eject the person and wondering why they weren't doing anything about it

3. it's not worth it to allow someone to grief a large group of people solely to ensure he gets a mark on his account

4. Jeremy said she couldn't take questions from the game because of all the spam.

the mood in the game was pretty much that we were being ignored and that there was a handful of people spoiling it for everyone else. that was not the intention of the people that set up the event and they did nothing to remedy the issue.

that's pretty simple. i'm not sure why you are all putting words in my mouth and distorting my position on this.

thank you for trying WRR, but next time you need to do a better job.

A

Amathist of PoC

1. he's not my friend.

2. there was at least a dozen people in the game telling them to eject the person and wondering why they weren't doing anything about it

3. it's not worth it to allow someone to grief a large group of people solely to ensure he gets a mark on his account

4. Jeremy said she couldn't take questions from the game because of all the spam.

the mood in the game was pretty much that we were being ignored and that there was a handful of people spoiling it for everyone else. that was not the intention of the people that set up the event and they did nothing to remedy the issue.

that's pretty simple. i'm not sure why you are all putting words in my mouth and distorting my position on this.

thank you for trying WRR, but next time you need to do a better job.

If its not your friend and it was not you, GET OVER IT...it is done gone it happened and thats all there is too it. As for how they dealt with it - its there event and just as you claim many view they did a bad job...as you can see by the posts many believe they did a good job.

But the purpose of this thread was to thank them not to provide constructive criticism or negative opinions on how to do it better. And the reason this thread is to thank them is because they do it for NOTHING, they are not paid they are just community minded people giving up there spare time to enhance our gaming. Point Blank without them you would not have had an in game location to go to you would not have heard the broad cast and there for your only complaint could be you missed out entirely on the town hall.

As for the dozens of people complaining in game your the only one of those dozen that sees fit to troll every single thread. You where heard in the first 200 posts in other threads people just do not agree with you and like you said in one of your many posts "that no one will change your mind" - you will not change others especially with your behavior.

As for your griefing large groups of people - what exactly do you think your continued posts are seen as? In my mind and I am sure in others as well you are no different to the dork who spammed the event. And people also disagree with you about the black mark on his account alot of us think it is totally worth it. He may think twice before doing it again and if not his punishment may be worse next time because of the mark.

No please stop spamming every thread about the town hall meeting or WRR if you have such a huge issue with how they did things - don't participate do not tune in do not turn up...its pretty simple.

GREAT JOB WRR and THANK YOU DERMONT for transcrips and THANK YOU UOFORUMS for the mp3 download - great effort on all your parts and it is appreciated by the majority of the community.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Originally Posted by drinkbeerallday 4. Jeremy said she couldn't take questions from the game because of all the spam.
Simple way to fix this is at the next town meeting in game event. Buy a book write your question or questions in the book hand it to a WRR staff member, then go find a seat. This way WRR has your questions ahead of time, and you can sit there enjoy the town meeting knowing your questions might get answered. :)

I

Infiniti

i noted many reasons why it was a failure. you are selectively reading what you want to believe about it instead of looking at the facts.

Perhaps you should start another thread...this one was to thank WRR for their time and effort to bring us live coverage of the town hall meeting. Thanks. :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye very well done WRR!! We enjoyed listening even after the townhall. LOL nothing like Lady Mel to a good mix of music.

Oriana

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH definatly THANK YOU WRR. for not for yur broadcast and meet up in game. My burning question would have sat unanswered... Also not to mention all the fun that was had free food free gifts. Nice ppl i do belive all was fun looking forward to more..:thumbup: