• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you for the input. *waves*

G

Been here for a wee now and well Im pretty bored....and unimpressed.

I have a dexxer that is scrolled out and coming along nicely, but I have yet to find his niche. (Yes, yes I know already! peace loving wandering healers are pretty much useless and unwanted on Siege)

I have 2 more accounts that are going to waste for a few more months at least...

I used to enjoy playing a tamer/warrior quite a bit, thoughts on that from folks here?

I have played almost every class over the years and just wonder what are some solid templates to play on Siege? I am not opposed to any particular template, but I am not a bully or someone who cheats.

I guess what I am asking from folks that have played on Siege for a good while for some ideas for an interesting character to play.

I have pretty much unlimited resources, or am willing to pay real dollars to save me real time.

Thanks in advance for the advice and smart alec comments

*bows respecfully*
JFR

P.S. Death to carrots!

G

Try a dismount tamer.

Arch/Tactics/Hide/Stealth/tame/lore/vet

That should be fun. Dismount + petballs ftw.

T

Tark_Smash

Play what you like the most, dont worry about what people say.
Also try to find a group to play with, its hard to go by yourself with no one to play with/talk to.

G

I am guilded with a small group of fine folks, not all that lonely as much as just plain bored.

I used to play a mage mage/med/eval/resist/script/anat/heal. He was a pain in the rear to kill and could hold his own. Suggestions for refinements on Siege?

Hoooowah, clomp 'oomies? Whats an orc on Siege? I am used to the OLD OLD no mojo orcs on Cats/GL.

Hell I used to RP as a pirate, that was interesting was swords/archer with parry and no magery.

Thanks all for the input.

G

Well one can go with *template* or one can go with *role*.

We had some fine *roles* here once upon a time...most feared pirate here was Salt Foambreaker.

We had bounty hunters...we had taxmen *highwaymen* ..we have had knights we have had savages and orcs too........... Siege is missing lots of *roles* some sacraficed for *templates* tis always a tough call sometimes. Have to play what ya enjoy playing or it is hardly worth stickin around in UO then if ya not playing what ya may enjoy playing most ..even if it is not the *flavor* of the month week templates.

G

Assassin Tamer FTW.

Lore
Tame
Hide
Stealth
Ninja
Tactics
Archery

You will need a friend to do pets rezzes when you mess up. But dismount, double pet ball, all kill can be a great way to elimate folks.

For variation try Bushido and swords insetad of archery and ninja and use a Bok or sword of the stampede.

Welcome to Siege.

I

imported_Bluebottle

<blockquote><hr>

Well one can go with *template* or one can go with *role*.

We had some fine *roles* here once upon a time...most feared pirate here was Salt Foambreaker.

We had bounty hunters...we had taxmen *highwaymen* ..we have had knights we have had savages and orcs too........... Siege is missing lots of *roles* some sacraficed for *templates* tis always a tough call sometimes. Have to play what ya enjoy playing or it is hardly worth stickin around in UO then if ya not playing what ya may enjoy playing most ..even if it is not the *flavor* of the month week templates.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* Ah yes - what a Siege it used to be, in my old fishing days, I remember having some blades dropped on my deck by the old Salt! He did res me so I invited him aboard (risky to do for fear he would steal me rusty bucket) - but he said it was beneath him to take away my livelihood so he settled for some tasty fish-steaks! There were Undead Lords and the Ta'Kier clan demanding a token payment for "protection" to foray in their dungeons, actually my thief was happy to pay and his loot was returned to him a number of times when he was whacked by a non-subscribing PK.

I fear we have forever lost the magic that was Siege

Now its all about elite skill-mix templates and PeeveePee balancing plus a call to nerf tamers! Whatever for? My tamer has always been an easy target. I think the only balancing that's really needed is people's expectations and ability to actually have fun. this is supposed to be fun not a freakin science experiment!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I fear we have forever lost the magic that was Siege

I think the only balancing that's really needed is people's expectations and ability to actually have fun. this is supposed to be fun not a freakin science experiment! [/unquote]

QFT !!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I am guilded with a small group of fine folks, not all that lonely as much as just plain bored.

[/ QUOTE ]Do they pvp? Do you pvp? I suggest pvp. pvp is fun!

F

Feyre

<blockquote><hr>

Assassin Tamer FTW.

Lore
Tame
Hide
Stealth
Ninja
Tactics
Archery

You will need a friend to do pets rezzes when you mess up. But dismount, double pet ball, all kill can be a great way to elimate folks.

For variation try Bushido and swords insetad of archery and ninja and use a Bok or sword of the stampede.

Welcome to Siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont dirty the name assassin with tamer.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
The name is already dirty on its own! It contains not one, but TWO asses.

G

Tamers and assassins are both valid templates to play. To complain to the players that choose to use them or how they use them, complain to EA on how they are unbalancing then provide suggestions on how to balance them. Oh wait, I forgot EA doesn't support UO anymore; I guess we are screwed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Assassin Tamer FTW.

Lore
Tame
Hide
Stealth
Ninja
Tactics
Archery

Welcome to Siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"as·sas·sin (&amp;#601;-s&amp;#257;s'&amp;#301;n) Pronunciation Key
n.
One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person."

Ok, we shall just refer to them as "Successful Assassins", not Tamer Assassins.