• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you Baja!!!

B

BardMal

So I live on the West Coast, but I play on Legends with my wife, an east Coast server.

Last night I'm running around on my Baja "BardMal" cross shard player and a couple nice folks let me pretend I was helping them with Semidar, casting my 4-5 point mini heals. I managed to scrounge an LRC hat, ring, and gorget, and about 13k to buy regs.

I run around the rest of the night taming dogs and burning regs, hoping to scrounge up bandages with cotton and wool outside Skara.

Please forgive me as I didn't get the names of the other player at Skara, but "Lil Deb" was one of the two who was very generous. I now have an amazing suit worthy of insurance, rune book, spell book, and alotta fun playing a new char.

Thank you!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you didn't call me? :( hehe

Glad you had fun!! You know we love it when you and Ally come to visit!!

B

BardMal

Kinda wanted to see how Baja treats newbies, that's why I didn't call you.

There are very generous and kind people on my shard of Legends, but I doubt that a newbie like me would have been as lucky as I was with the GENEROUS & KIND folks on Baja.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, we are blessed here. Why do you think I won't leave :p lol.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are often amazed when they first visit Baja, just how generous and polite our players can be. We have so many friendly and community-oriented individuals; such as Sara, Oriana, Lil Debi, WildStar, James, Ivan, Mama Faith...and oh bloody hell, I am just going to stop there. Trying to type that list would be asking for carpal tunnel.

...and no, you can't have Oriana.

B

BardMal

Pretty much think the wife and I are, at the very least going to make a couple viable chars here. The more I read the Legends forum, the more I awaken to the fact that the friends and people with whom I had so much enjoyment are gone, and not going to return.

With that in mind, I made "Ta Mal Eartz" on Baja last night. I already want to change his name, but I just didn't want to build taming from 30, as it is on "BardMal", not to mention provoke.

A major part of our game play though, is cross shard trading. If we move completely to Baja, we would lose years worth of cross shard partners, as most of the people we trade with, reserve Baja for Ori and Sara. Not to mention an irreplaceable real estate empire and vendors.

The community here reminds me of why I play so many years.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*HUGS* I had fun with Ally last night getting her set up a bit as a new player on Baja. As Nicholas above stated Baja is full of the nicest, kindest people.

And to Nicholas, no worries, I'm not going anywhere.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mal and I have been really happy playing on Baja for the last 2 days. We have been mainly training and chatting although we couldn't resist a rat spawn or 2! Not that we did much other than die alot (lol) but everyone has been amazing to us, rezing and healing etc.

Thank you Sara, Ori and Lil Debi for helping us too!

This is the part of UO we love :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mal and I have been really happy playing on Baja for the last 2 days. We have been mainly training and chatting although we couldn't resist a rat spawn or 2! Not that we did much other than die alot (lol) but everyone has been amazing to us, rezing and healing etc.

Thank you Sara, Ori and Lil Debi for helping us too!

This is the part of UO we love :)
It's been fun watching you grow .. you're letting us relive our newbieness vicariously through you!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd hate to be a spoilsport, but where are these rat spawns that you guys are doing?

Just, um, curious.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been fun watching you grow .. you're letting us relive our newbieness vicariously through you!
LOL I was thinking the same thing Sara!! And trying to remember what a newbie needs to start of with etc. that was fun!!

As for you Ken my dear....:p You're such a tease. And guess who else has been slipping into fel for a fight or 2. :D:lick: