• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

text

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant not see the text in the game it is to small and to thin. In 2d I have it set to bold and to set to a bigger text size so I can see what players are posting. Is there anyway to do this In the SA client?

H

Heartseeker

You should be able to right click on system and change font size.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the font options, I'm fairly certain, only change the display in the tabs, not the overhead chat..... hopefully they're working on this, as many players depend on that overhead display...... and I miss my UO font!!

C

Cloak&Dagger

If I am not mistaken the font is changeable, just not with in the client. Would require a modification...But (unless I am thinking wrong) it would be a simple mod and you could most likely request a guide of some sort on how to change it. (I already posted once I am far to distracted to focus on modding, so...unless I some how get a chance to focus on it don't ask me :p)

H

Heartseeker

The chat window has a red dot or blob on the bottom.

Right mouse click on that.

It will let you change font and get you in a menu where you can change color too.

C

Cloak&Dagger

It will let you change font and get you in a menu where you can change color too.
This does not change the over head text tho. I suppose I could be wrong since I am not running it right now to verify. (and can't run it right now to verify)

If it changes the over head text then I apologize. If it only changes text in the chat box then we are right where we started.

And I just mean the font, I know the color changes for the over head.

H

Heartseeker

This does not change the over head text tho. I suppose I could be wrong since I am not running it right now to verify. (and can't run it right now to verify)

If it changes the over head text then I apologize. If it only changes text in the chat box then we are right where we started.

And I just mean the font, I know the color changes for the over head.[/QUOTE]

You are right about the overhead; seems kinda large to me.

Going to dig a little deeper and see if I can adjust that.

E

Eyes of Origin

Yes please someone fix this!!! No matter what color I set for in game chat, the overhead was extremely hard to read. I had to constantly view my journal to see what people were saying to me or even casting on me and by nights end I had a headache from trying to read it. Needs to be larger and bold more like 2D :(

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been an on-going complaint from the moment the client went into focus. Yes, you can make the fonts in the journal/chat tabs larger and easier to read, but outside of client mods, currently there is no way to change the size of the on-screen font (and it is horribly small!)

The more voices added to the "at least make it BIGGER" crowd, the better, imho!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I clicked that blob thingy shows me I can change the colors, but no where is it showing me how to change the font. or make the text bigger. I need to play in 800x 600 pixels on my monitor in 2d so I can see the uo screen.

E

Eyes of Origin

Something I realized about this is, the only way right now to comfortably read the overhead chat is to scroll all the way in on the game window, which is kind of a headache in itself because I like having the window zoomed out to about the 2D type view.

O

Old Man of UO

This has been an on-going complaint from the moment the client went into focus. Yes, you can make the fonts in the journal/chat tabs larger and easier to read, but outside of client mods, currently there is no way to change the size of the on-screen font (and it is horribly small!)

The more voices added to the "at least make it BIGGER" crowd, the better, imho!
I think this is something a Mod can fix, changing size, font and color... once we can start using mods that is.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is something a Mod can fix, changing size, font and color... once we can start using mods that is.
Oh, I *know* it is, but if everyone agrees that the on-screen font is too small, there is no reason to even keep the default that size. I have yet to hear anyone say "oh hey, I find that font perfectly readable!" ;)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I *know* it is, but if everyone agrees that the on-screen font is too small, there is no reason to even keep the default that size. I have yet to hear anyone say "oh hey, I find that font perfectly readable!" ;)
if some part of all this work and worry was to attract new players that font is not working in our interest

C

Cloak&Dagger

if some part of all this work and worry was to attract new players that font is not working in our interest
Hmm, I wonder how a new player might actually feel about it tho. Obviously we know how the UO player base feels, and the font...is well....yea there is no nice way to put what the font is. But for someone who does not know any better, would it matter as much?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Cloak, I don't think the issue is so much the font STYLE as it is the font SIZE. The font not being a "pretty" style would not be a gamestopper, so to speak, if we could actually see and read it ;)

H

Helfgrim

I have to agree with Ailish, the font is ugly but I could live with that, the problem is the size. Those of us who are sight deficient should have an option to make it larger so we can read it without getting a headache.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my point about overhead text:
- The fonts is bad and very hard to read
- I see all text with the same color (it is great in 2D client where everyone can have his custom text color)
- There is no more emote... and it's all yellow (is very hard to see the poison messages...)
- If you ride a swamp dragon, your text fly in the moon
- The text is not clickable (sometimes is usefull dblclick a speech text for attack or open paperdoll... as is in 2D client)

H

Heartseeker

I have to agree with Ailish, the font is ugly but I could live with that, the problem is the size. Those of us who are sight deficient should have an option to make it larger so we can read it without getting a headache.
I was actually wondering how to make it smaller.

My overhead seems large.

As far as colors go, just customize till you pick the right color or shade.

Besides changing font sizes, I would like to be able to change the size of the backpack in grid view.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, you can change color by code, but you still see all speech at same color... In 2D if I choose pink and you choose brown I see your speech brown and my pink. Here we dont have this feature at all...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I see overhead chat in player selected colors, but the journal does not carry that information over, that's what you're meaning?

and yes, this is a big deal for me... auctioneering is mostly done by journal colors, this will make it very difficult to keep track

W

Wolfways

Oh hey, I find that font perfectly readable!

Okay, no i don't :p

The text is far too thin, but i'm not sure that it's too small.
Don't think i like the idea of players choosing their own text colour though. I like instantly knowing what is /say, /emote, system message, ect. by seeing the colour.

Oh another thing.
My chat box text doesn't seem to keep up with my characters actions and doesn't all fit into the box but is either off the bottom or just doesn't exist.
i.e. If i use a prospectors tool i get no text. Then i start mining in that spot i'll get a message about what ore can be found there at about the 2nd or 3rd swing in mining.
When i get the mining messages they are usually cut off and i only see (can't remember the exact text) "You mine some ore and put it". The rest of the line is missing.
I've tried resizing the box but nothing seems to help.