• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template tips

S

SeverusUo

usually i play with this template
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 sw
120 chiva
120 med

i play well in doom and a lot of other area...

now i have started a new char but i dont know how to do it .
a disco tamer? mage tamer? war tamer?
can someone tell me the template and the game style of this template?

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My tamer is somwhat the same (still in training) but shooting for:
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 sw
120 magery
120 med

I was thinkning of acquiring some soulstones and altering the template to have some fun with a tamer/bard
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 magery
120 music
120 disco or 120 peace

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Easy mode is a mage/weaver/tamer. This template can do anything. More challenging, but more fun is a chiv/archer/tamer. However, my all-time favorite tamer template is a necro/mage/tamer. Copying the following from another post:

I tend to play solo. The most self-sufficient of the templates listed above are the sampire or necro/mage/tamer. For spawns, I especially like the necro/mage/tamer: let spawn target your pet, then whither indefinitely in wraith form while healing your pet. For group fights and champs, I'd choose the templates with the highest damage output, which is probably the ABC archer or necro/mage/weaver.

That's one guy's opinion, anyway.

Necro/Mage/Tamer
120 Magery
120 Spirit Speak
110 Taming
115 Lore
105 Necro
100 Med
95 Vet

Pros
--The ideal champ spawn template: invis yourself, allow spawn to target your dragon/cu, then wither away. I can easily clear every mini-champ in the Abyss with this character without coming up for air.
--Animate dead summons do not count as summons, which means you can have a greater dragon and three additional summons

Cons
--You are essentially limited to three offensive spells: Mind Blast (cold damage against a single target), Wither (cold damage, area-of-effect spell), and Poison Strike (poison damage, area-of-effect spell)

Here's another benefit of necro/tamer: 3 skeletal dragons + 1 greater dragon = army.

My suit was constructed pre-imbuing, so I'm sure you could come up with something better nowadays. Nevertheless, I wear the following:

Artifacts - Mark of Travesty with Spirit Speak and Necromancy, Birds of Britannia, Rune Beetle Carapace, Stitcher's Mittens, Orny, Arcane Shield, Quiver of Infinity, Conjurer's Garb

Runic Items - Neck, arms, legs; -20 mage weapon

Jewelry - Ring with 15 magery, 15 taming, 3 faster cast recovery, 15 defense chance increase

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm...I might have to try something along the lines of Syrus' template. Sounds kinda fun.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
And to make it more cost effective, the mage can easily be dropped to 110 (100 if desperate). Just don't use a mage weapon.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
usually i play with this template
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 sw
120 chiva
120 med

i play well in doom and a lot of other area...

now i have started a new char but i dont know how to do it .
a disco tamer? mage tamer? war tamer?
can someone tell me the template and the game style of this template?
The best method I found for building new templates for my tamers is actually to pretend it's not a tamer. Then think what template I want to play with next. Or what do I want to do with the character that my existing ones can't do. That sort of thing. Because really, taming just gives you hunting companions. A tamer template only gets complex when you need to decide where to make skill cuts to complete the template, but even that is really just common sense. You've already got a tamer, so you know what a pet brings to a fight in terms of damage/tanking ability. All you need to do is decide how much skill you want to invest in taming skills (3x 110 is a good base to start from) then divide the remaining skill between any other skills you want. Adding any skill items you need to finish the points off.

If you really aren't sure, try searching this forum for the templates your interested, because we've had many discussions about templates and tactics, and it would be easier to help you if you could be a little bit more specific in what sort of tamer you want. Then we can try and sort out the details of your build, gear and pets as necessary.

Wenchy

S

SeverusUo

i was thinking to make a bard for dungeon hunting.
maybe this but i don' t know if it can work
69.9 magery
55 chiva
120 eva int
105 taming
105 lore
100 or more vet
meditation and focus
but it seem unbalanced

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
One of my favorite templates is my tamer/treasure hunter. I can solo level 6 and have solo'd level 7 but they are harder and I usually take a friend just in case.

115 Tame (Tame and lore can go to 110 each but I have them higher for the extra stable slots)
115 Lore
110 Vet
100 Magery
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
80 Med

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 3 Tamers. 2 are Tamer/Mages, the other is a Bard/Tamer.

Tamer/Mage 1
120 Taming (Real)
120 Lore (Real)
GM Vet
GM Magery (Uses -0 Mage Wep)
GM Eval
GM Med
80.0 Resist

Tamer/Mage 2
110 Taming (115 with Talisman)
110 Lore (115 with Talisman)
GM Vet
GM Eval
GM Med
GM Resist

Bard/Tamer
GM Taming (115 with Jewelry+Talisman)
GM Lore (115 with Jewelry+Talisman)
GM Vet
120 Music
GM Disco (120 with Jewelry)
GM Med

Taming/Lore up to 120 is worth it, but above GM Vet really isn't. At GM Vet, you have 100% success chance to cure Lethal Poison, and 64% Success Chance at pet rezzing. You get 100% Pet Rez chance at 120 Vet (Woohoo, saved a bandy...) and an extra stable slot. The amount of extra damage healed is not even noticeably more than GM Vet. It's not really worth the extra 20.0 points.