• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Thoughts

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I´m thinking about a new template for another char of mine.

The thought behind it I want to run with 0 chivalry because my other char will have negative karma. Sth. like a death knight so Necromancy has to be in the template. It might be interesting to have a warrior that carries some bone dragons with him (necro mastery).

But the lack of chivalry sure is a problem. I have no idea if such a template can be effective

So what numbers do I need.

120 Weapon Skill
120 Tactics
120 Necromancy
120 Spirit Speak
120 Bushido
60 Parry
60 Anatomy / Resist

Any suggestions here? Do I even need 120 Necro and 120 SS?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm as it seems the necro mastery doesnt need spirit speak. Then the question is Spirit speak needed at all. Gets more and more a sampire template here.

So
120 Weapon Skill
120 Tactics
120 Necromancy
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Anatomy

Hmm that IS a sampire build ^^

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
120 wep skill
120 tacts
120 anat
120 necro
100 lumberjack
90 parry(swap out for resist/chiv when needed)
50 bush(add 30 skills in jewls making it 80)
and 2 skeletal drags in tow. total powerhouse killing template!

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would go full Necro (meaning ability to use all the spells), however, you don't need 120. I would recommend 100 Necro* (105 if it's going to PvP at any point) and 100 SS. The benefits are many, plus I like to truly embrace the nature of a character. My Necro/Mage is locked karma and purposely as low as possible, and yes, I still do Oaks, Fey books on a Necro/Scribe/Mage do great damage.

*100 Necro gives you 100% success at Wither, 105 gives you 100% with Strangle, you don't need more than that as Revenants aren't that good.

Just think... you can Corpse Skin and use 100% Fire/Poison weapons.

I would definitely have 120 Bushido.

I would most likely go Mace Fighting. Because Strangle does more damage against Fatigue and Maces damage Stamina. Alternatively Fencing, for Leafblades Feint/AI.

I would definitely build 100 LRC into the suit. (It can very easily be done still maxing out everything necessary. I did it before legendaries and reforging existed on the Stone Form dexxer for soloing the Slasher.)

It's a LOT of fun to play a character NOT playing it like it's just another sampire. Relegate Bushido's use for perfection and utilize the true potential of the template, the Necro side. All the forms, bond a pair of Bake Kitsune's (800 mana dumping power, and high resists - you can tank while they attack or if you're any good with your positioning and macros you can have them kill/stay and dump from a distance) for when you don't have any Undead with you. Don't forget you can't actually recall with Skeletal Dragons as you can't bond them, you have to gate them around, it's fine if it's for a guild hunt where you have someone to help you out. You can also command Rotting Corpses which has uses...

I would start with the base idea of:
120 Weapon
90 Tactics
120 Bushido (or however much CorwinXX says is adequate for perfection... I think 90?)
100 Necro
100 SS

That leaves a whopping 190 points to do something fun with. You could add Healing/Anatomy (I don't feel this is the best option). Resist (not a bad idea when playing a more casting based dexxer that may spend a lot of time in forms/on foot). Spellweaving (a strong option considering as I said you can't really gate Undead about, Conduit it ok but it's not better than Mana Shield/WOD/Attunement/Renewal/Summon Reaper which you will have space for on foot, plus Wraith Form+WOD+HML). Parry (if you go melee over ranged it's a good option). Anatomy/LJ just for damage obviously. Or you could even fit Music/Discord on there, Discord+ (Slayer instrument) Despair+Tribulation+Wraith Form+HML+Corpse Skin+100% fire/poison Double Strike. Lots of options, I just hope you do something fun with it, not just sampire.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that sounds interesting. I think its the right way. I really dont want to make another sampire. And your Ideas are Great.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I thought a bit more about it.
- Capable of Casting necro spells i a good idea though i still want the template to be a warrior. So Spells like Corpse Skin are very interesting. And here I do not need SDI
- Since I don´t pvp the template is primarily for pvm.
- I´m still not sure if I want to use Studded Leather for the 55 LMC or Plate Armor for 45 LMC and stamina loss prevention (and cool looking). Thought about woodland armor, the stats are nice but no additional lmc so I wont use it.
- I´ll add skills on jewelry because the more skills the better with this template. I think it will look like this

upload_2016-3-19_12-41-38.png

- Gatetravel I will cast with scrolls and +magery item suit I can swap.
- I still have problems with LRC on my suit.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Though then you're already thinking in terms of Onslaught DS DS DS. Thus relegating Necro to being used for Corpse Skin. If you're going there then you may as well have 60 Necro, and add Tame/Lore then you can use a Rune Beetle+Skeletal Dragon combo with a further 1/2 resists on the target.

If it were me I'd probably ask myself what I'm doing with this character that I'm not already doing with my dragoon.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though then you're already thinking in terms of Onslaught DS DS DS. Thus relegating Necro to being used for Corpse Skin. If you're going there then you may as well have 60 Necro, and add Tame/Lore then you can use a Rune Beetle+Skeletal Dragon combo with a further 1/2 resists on the target.

If it were me I'd probably ask myself what I'm doing with this character that I'm not already doing with my dragoon.
Well i think of using corpse Skin plus onslaught and have 2 skeletal dragons that burst my opponent. I think i need at least 100 necro + ss for the mastery? And conduit + corpse Skin might be great for doing spawns

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or btw what happens if i switch mastery while already used command undead upon 2 skeletal dragons?^^ I guess it wont work

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
They instantly vanish when you give a command.

Corpse Skin will increase physical/cold resist making the Skeletal Dragons do less damage.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
corpse skin stacks with onslaught,just make sure you corpse skin first then do onslaught.

Just like tuan said make sure you use fire wep or if the monster has low poison use poison wep.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're gonna have necro and spirit speak may as well bust out the old wraith form.